life with your potential brain worm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2016, 02:48 PM
life with your potential brain worm
It seems that the world of human behavior and emotion is becoming ever more complex. A new factor in human cultural marker and habits is currently under the microscope (litterally). A brain parasite, transmitted from the cat to human or through poorly cooked meat, named toxoplasma gondii is currently studied, not for its chances to create symptomes similar to the flu in infants, pregnant women or elders, but for its ability to alter human behaviors. It could lead, amongst other things, women to become more intelligent, sociable and respectful of rules while it would make men less intelligent and rigid, if more even tempered. There seems also to be a link between level of infection in a country and its tendecies toward autoritarianism and strict gender roles. The more infected a country is, the more likely it is to have strict gender roles and favor an autoritarian style of governance. It could even have a link with car accident rates since the parasite could lower the reaction rates of infected people. If such findings were to be confirmed, it would add a layer of complexity to the evolution of human culture. It leads me to think, could the greatest ennemy of liberal democracy and gender equality be cats?

Jokes aside, discovery like these are extremely interesting for it could mean that human behaviors hold a lot of its development to parasites and since I lived several years in France with a cat, it leads me to wonder if I got one myself.

https://notexactlyrocketscience.wordpres...n-culture/

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2016, 02:56 PM
RE: life with your potential brain worm
Whoa, that is *far out* man... Fuck. Now I gotta get tested. No way I'm letting some little fucker take the credit for thinking for me.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post