literally shaking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2015, 11:23 PM
RE: literally shaking
(25-05-2015 09:52 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(25-05-2015 09:49 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  No I don't, that's the problem! Smile

Impure thoughts, coveting, lust...

Yawn! C'mon if I'm going to confession I at least want to keep the priest awake.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TarzanSmith's post
25-05-2015, 11:31 PM
Well I managed to talk to her after the gala. We talked for about hAlf an hour. It went moderately well. She was happy to see me but there was still an awkwardness. But at least it broke the ice so to speak. Hopefully we'll still remain friends. Interestingly enough, I think I might currently be in shock. I can barely remember the conversation topics unless and my heart still feels like it's going to explode.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
[+] 2 users Like TarzanSmith's post
25-05-2015, 11:44 PM
(25-05-2015 11:23 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(25-05-2015 09:52 PM)pablo Wrote:  Impure thoughts, coveting, lust...

Yawn! C'mon if I'm going to confession I at least want to keep the priest awake.

That lust shit is deadly man! Big Grin
25-05-2015, 11:55 PM
I think I'm due to watch Se7en again.
Sad poor Gwynnie.
26-05-2015, 12:00 AM
(25-05-2015 11:31 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Well I managed to talk to her after the gala. We talked for about hAlf an hour. It went moderately well. She was happy to see me but there was still an awkwardness. But at least it broke the ice so to speak. Hopefully we'll still remain friends. Interestingly enough, I think I might currently be in shock. I can barely remember the conversation topics unless and my heart still feels like it's going to explode.

That's what going to all male school does to you my son. I went to an all male school up until uni... Man, I *liked* girls... But I had highly unrealistic ideas about what love and fucking had to do with each other...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-05-2015, 12:00 AM
(25-05-2015 11:31 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Well I managed to talk to her after the gala. We talked for about hAlf an hour. It went moderately well. She was happy to see me but there was still an awkwardness. But at least it broke the ice so to speak. Hopefully we'll still remain friends. Interestingly enough, I think I might currently be in shock. I can barely remember the conversation topics unless and my heart still feels like it's going to explode.

Sadcryface My heart is breaking just reading that... Ugh, rejection by someone you care about - damn it hurts. And yet, still worth the pain for those times when it's right.

This is my "I feel like crying but it will get better" song. Works for a myriad of life's curveballs...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
26-05-2015, 12:12 AM
(26-05-2015 12:00 AM)Nurse Wrote:  

Sadcryface My heart is breaking just reading that... Ugh, rejection by someone you care about - damn it hurts. And yet, still worth the pain for those times when it's right.

This is my "I feel like crying but it will get better" song. Works for a myriad of life's curveballs...

Really good song.

- my friend Marc
26-05-2015, 12:20 AM
(26-05-2015 12:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  

That's what going to all male school does to you my son. I went to an all male school up until uni... Man, I *liked* girls... But I had highly unrealistic ideas about what love and fucking had to do with each other...

I don't the all guys school had much do do with it. I still saw girls and had the occasional crush. And I wouldn't say that I have an unrealistic idea of love except in the sense of it being to easy and simple. Loving is stupidly easy for me.
The real problem is not so much the unrequited love but that I am terrified of losing a friend. After my first and only girlfriend dumped me, I hoped that we would remain friends afterwards since she was my first real friend. But then she wouldn't even make eye contact with me for the first few months and even after we started talking again she basically was just an acquaintance. Now this girl has become one of my best friends and I'm scared of losing another friend.

- my friend Marc
26-05-2015, 01:16 AM
(26-05-2015 12:20 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(26-05-2015 12:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  That's what going to all male school does to you my son. I went to an all male school up until uni... Man, I *liked* girls... But I had highly unrealistic ideas about what love and fucking had to do with each other...

I don't the all guys school had much do do with it. I still saw girls and had the occasional crush. And I wouldn't say that I have an unrealistic idea of love except in the sense of it being to easy and simple. Loving is stupidly easy for me.
The real problem is not so much the unrequited love but that I am terrified of losing a friend. After my first and only girlfriend dumped me, I hoped that we would remain friends afterwards since she was my first real friend. But then she wouldn't even make eye contact with me for the first few months and even after we started talking again she basically was just an acquaintance. Now this girl has become one of my best friends and I'm scared of losing another friend.

Rolleyes Brother, friendships come and go. People move forward with their lives. Liking someone isn't about friendships that transcend the power of death no matter how much Tolkein you read. So you're scared of losing a friend. You can be scared. But it's no excuse for not getting on with life.

Also recognise that one rejection means stuff all. How do people score goals in soccer? Do they line up with a frikken measuring tape and carefully construct each and every goal? Of course not. They fire in shots on goal from all kinds of angles, they pepper that goal with shots. Sooner or later one's gonna go in. Life is *all* percentage play like that.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
26-05-2015, 09:51 AM
Back in law school there was this girl I was good friends with who I wanted to be more with. Unfortunately, she was happy just being friends. And, she used to torture me. The best is she would get drunk, seek me out, flirt with me, and then back off because we really should just be friends. It took me a lot longer than it should have to realize I Needed to walk away.

My advice is walk away. If you don't want to be just friends, you're not going to be happy just being friends. Best not to pretend and just don't have her in your life.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post