looking for pwnishment... lol...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2016, 04:52 PM
RE: looking for pwnishment... lol...
(07-07-2016 04:50 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 04:48 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I've tried rewarding myself with trips to the comic book store to play mtg.... I've tried video game time...{In which I have literally 100 video games I haven't played...}... that's about it though.. I don't have much money and I am in the middle of nowhere so... I really have little options...

If you don't achieve your goals within xxx time, you have to sell all your video games and buy exercise equipment with the money.

just one problem... there all steam games...

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2016, 04:52 PM
(07-07-2016 04:48 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 04:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  What have you tried for positive motivation?

I've tried rewarding myself with trips to the comic book store to play mtg.... I've tried video game time...{In which I have literally 100 video games I haven't played...}... that's about it though.. I don't have much money and I am in the middle of nowhere so... I really have little options...

Maybe you are trying to do too much too fast? Why not chip away at your goals? Maybe the idea of doing all of them becomes overwhelming so you avoid starting them in the first place? Why not try and write a chapter a week? And focus on learning one Japanese word a day. And doing one healthy thing a day (i.e. exercising, opting for a healthy lunch instead of fast food etc.)

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
07-07-2016, 04:54 PM
(07-07-2016 04:52 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 04:48 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I've tried rewarding myself with trips to the comic book store to play mtg.... I've tried video game time...{In which I have literally 100 video games I haven't played...}... that's about it though.. I don't have much money and I am in the middle of nowhere so... I really have little options...

Maybe you are trying to do too much too fast? Why not chip away at your goals? Maybe the idea of doing all of them becomes overwhelming so you avoid starting them in the first place? Why not try and write a chapter a week? And learning one Japanese word a day. And doing one healthy thing a day (i.e. exercising, opting for a healthy lunch instead of fast food etc.)

will consider that but i don't think that'as the problem.. will be breaking things down into smaller bites... already do that and it helps...

07-07-2016, 04:55 PM
Pick your poison.

[Image: torture-devices.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
07-07-2016, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2016 05:29 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-07-2016 04:34 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  Here is the question.... What is a negative consequence I can enforce on my self If I don't do my goals and try to achieve my dream.?

looking to use "negative motivation" to aid me in achieving the following...

1. writing novels

Read this.

(07-07-2016 04:34 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  2. losing weight/getting a girlish figure literally

There are no safe negative incentives to do this that I know of. cf. Karen Carpenter, Alan Turing (fuckin' limeys), et al.

(07-07-2016 04:34 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  3. learning Japanese...

Find a sumo to teach you.

#sigh
07-07-2016, 05:40 PM
(07-07-2016 04:34 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  Here is the question.... What is a negative consequence I can enforce on my self If I don't do my goals and try to achieve my dream.?

1. writing novels
2. losing weight/getting a girlish figure literally
3. learning Japanese...

p.s. any suggestions would be helpful....

You don't get to eat unless you work on your Japanese and writing.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
07-07-2016, 05:42 PM
(07-07-2016 05:40 PM)pablo Wrote:  

1. writing novels
3. learning Japanese...

You don't get to eat unless you work on your Japanese and writing.
You're a clever orangutan. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-07-2016, 07:10 PM

1. writing novels
3. learning Japanese...

僕も日本語を勉強ですよ。Japan Guide訪れください。君は新しい友達を合うです。

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-07-2016, 05:59 AM
I don't know that much Japanese.. I only know a few words.

08-07-2016, 03:25 PM

1. writing novels
3. learning Japanese...

Generally you could just promis yourself a great present when you reach a goal. I mean something that is very very awesome and you cannot do/afford it all the time. But you will only be allowed to have that if you reach your goal.
For example:
Writing novels: How about you promis yourself that you will get a professional book cover if you manage to write it let's say within a year.
Losing weight: Go to a shop. But a thing that you will fit in once you reach your goal weight and keep it in eyesight so it keeps you on track.
Learning Japansese: Get a Japanese book that you want to read (have someone reccomend a good book to you and just buy it) and keep that in eyesight to keep you on track with your studies.

Generally, punishment should always fit the "crime" eh. So "I didn't write a chapter for my novel and therefore I can't go to the movies tomorrow" makes no sense.

Also for the goals themselves:
Make sure you keep it realistic.
Novel: A goal like a chapter per day makes no sense. You probably have no time for that. But maybe you can set a chapter per week or every other week. Kinda like that.
Losing weight: 20 kilo in 3 months makes no sense. It's unhealthy and you won't keep it down. But 1 or 2 per week is realistic.
Learning Japanese: It's a really difficult language to learn as far as I hear from other people. So stuff like learning 10 words per day might just not be realistic. Just make it less words and just make sure to really know them and one thing of grammar per week for example.

Usually when I set goals for myself I have a deadline for everything. I organise things well so I have no excuse if I don't hit that goal.
On some things I need my husband to reinforce the message. For example me eating chocolate although I am allergic to it. When he sees me with a chocolate, he will tell me off. I just have no self control with that one and he makes up for it. So if you know on something that you need outside help, someone to kick your butt, then ask your partner or a friend or a parent etc to do the butt kicking or to remind you of things.

Sorry for this little novel but I hope it helps a bit. Smile cheers and good luck with all of this

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -