looking for the verses where jesus refused a woman because she is not jewish

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2015, 10:22 PM
looking for the verses where jesus refused a woman because she is not jewish
My parents and I were have a good discussion about the bible. It came up about when Jesus refused a woman based on her not being a Jew but in the end he helped her after she begged.

I'm looking for where this is in the bible. Please and thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2015, 10:34 PM
RE: looking for the verses where jesus refused a woman because she is not jewish
Matthew 15:21-28.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
02-08-2015, 10:38 PM
RE: looking for the verses where jesus refused a woman because she is not jewish
Thank u very much. I thought that was it but I wasn't sure. Smile
03-08-2015, 06:25 AM
(02-08-2015 10:22 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  My parents and I were have a good discussion about the bible. It came up about when Jesus refused a woman based on her not being a Jew but in the end he helped her after she begged.

I'm looking for where this is in the bible. Please and thank you.

It was the disciples who requested that Jesus send the canaanite woman away. Usually Jesus admonishes them for this, but this time he went along. When she responded, he recognized the woman as one of great faith, and healed her daughter.

After this Jesus walked along the sea of Galilee and healed many more canaanites, who praised the God of Israel.

I think there's more to this passage, than what appears at first glance.
03-08-2015, 01:54 PM
(03-08-2015 06:25 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I think there's more to this passage, than what appears at first glance.

That is possible.

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2013/0...ans-faith/

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
05-08-2015, 10:20 PM
The story on Clyde Herrin's blog is interesting, but it seems a bit convoluted. I have an alternate hypothesis: The author of Matthew may have simply been trying to expand Christianity into a more universal belief, rather than just a sect of Judaism.