Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2014, 09:33 AM
RE: lunatic licence plates
(23-05-2014 08:17 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 08:12 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  no

because they are cocks.

Dodgy

Muffsy, you can pull all the faces you want but it's a fact.

In all the countries in which I have lived, visited and/or driven... BMW drivers are cocks.

It's also a little know fact that BMW save a fortune because of their understanding of the driving behaviour of their target market.

The indicator lights (I dunno what they're called in the US... 'signal' lights, maybe?) are purely for show. There are no actual lights or any wiring behind the facade.

BMW's realised a long time ago that because BMW owners believe that the roads are built purely for their benefit and other vehicles are merely there for amusement and as slow-moving obstacles to help improve the BMW driver's weaving skills, then indication of the intent to change lanes was not only not obligatory but actually not even considered.

Hence, the drivers do not even realise that there is nothing but coloured plastic on the four corners of the vehicle.

Not a lot of people know this.

Angel

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
24-05-2014, 09:34 AM
Oh, hell's bells...now I have to tell my sister she is a cock.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-05-2014, 09:35 AM
(23-05-2014 09:39 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 07:47 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I always hated people who use such plates.

Whats the point????

Oh and all people who drive BMW`s should be forced to have plates that say "Cock"

But.. What would be the point?

touche

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
24-05-2014, 10:03 AM
(24-05-2014 09:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 08:17 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Dodgy

Muffsy, you can pull all the faces you want but it's a fact.

In all the countries in which I have lived, visited and/or driven... BMW drivers are cocks.

It's also a little know fact that BMW save a fortune because of their understanding of the driving behaviour of their target market.

The indicator lights (I dunno what they're called in the US... 'signal' lights, maybe?) are purely for show. There are no actual lights or any wiring behind the facade.

BMW's realised a long time ago that because BMW owners believe that the roads are built purely for their benefit and other vehicles are merely there for amusement and as slow-moving obstacles to help improve the BMW driver's weaving skills, then indication of the intent to change lanes was not only not obligatory but actually not even considered.

Hence, the drivers do not even realise that there is nothing but coloured plastic on the four corners of the vehicle.

Not a lot of people know this.

Angel

Pure bigotry. Just because you are all jealous of BMW owners' superior driving ability and BMW cars' superior engineering, you let this base sentiment come out in ugly ways. Weeping

You are oppressing us. Sadcryface

If I see you on the road, I will cut you off and flip you off. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-05-2014, 10:28 AM
(24-05-2014 10:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  ...

Sadly, that's the point. This would be nothing unusual.

Much more of a shock, and therefore something that would turn our little worlds up-side down, would be if you drove in a considerate manner.

We are evolved drivers... we have adapted to our environment. If you and your ilk were to use your indicators (signals?) - not that they actually are functional - we would not know how to respond.

If you want revenge regarding my words of Truth, above, you should give the old-fashioned hand signal for a left or right turn.

We'd probably crash into each other in our confusion or just have to pull over off the road for a while to readjust our worldview.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
24-05-2014, 11:01 AM
Goddammit, I love this place. I'm either gonna have to resign myself to the fact that I have to "like" every post in silly threads or just stop "liking" shit at all. Weeping

Either way it's annoying.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
24-05-2014, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2014 11:22 AM by kim.)
Hmm ...
I did not care for my BMW experience.
Handling was ... ok.
I just did not care for how it sat; I am the driver and therefore must feel at one with the vehicle. I did not feel at one with my BMW so, meh.

My VWs were ok ... meh
My Porsche was certainly fun but ... meh

Thinking about it... I prefer my Mercedes. I did feel very much at one with it.
Handling was ... much better than ok... bordering on excellent though, it was not a racing vehicle.
I also preferred my Audi.

I currently have a Ford Focus racing vehicle - 6 speed turbo/dual overhead cam - (quite like my Porsche) handling is excellent but ... meh.

Consider
Could have quite a bit to do with personal physical comfort & confidence.
I want what I want. Drinking Beverage

I always use my turn signal indicators. Those who do not, should will probably be killed.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
24-05-2014, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2014 01:10 PM by War Horse.)
M-B ! Thumbsup

I'm a bit prejudice tho, I worked on them for 18 years and have owned them too, however for comfort, give me a Lincoln Town Car any day of the week... tho my favorite was the Mark 4.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
24-05-2014, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2014 01:14 PM by Chas.)
(24-05-2014 10:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 10:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  ...

Sadly, that's the point. This would be nothing unusual.

Much more of a shock, and therefore something that would turn our little worlds up-side down, would be if you drove in a considerate manner.

We are evolved drivers... we have adapted to our environment. If you and your ilk were to use your indicators (signals?) - not that they actually are functional - we would not know how to respond.

If you want revenge regarding my words of Truth, above, you should give the old-fashioned hand signal for a left or right turn.

We'd probably crash into each other in our confusion or just have to pull over off the road for a while to readjust our worldview.

Drinking Beverage

Irony meter broken?

I hope it's just mine that needs adjustment.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-05-2014, 01:12 PM
In all seriousness, I've seen plenty of dreadful drivers in all kinds of vehicles. In my area there seems to be some correlations between
various bad driving behaviors and age or wealth or sex or place of origin. Type of car? Not so much.

Except SUVs. They should be confiscated and their owners incarcerated.

[+] 3 users Like Chas's post