mahommid and his 9 year old bride

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2015, 03:20 PM
mahommid and his 9 year old bride
This is on Facebook. Most are against him having a sex with a 9 year old however there are a few that say this was the norm in his time.

OK and? It was wrong then and its wrong now is my stance. Then I got accused of hating. What?? Hating?? I said I'm not hating or making fun of anything, I stayed it was wrong then and its wrong now. What was wrong with that?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post
07-07-2015, 04:17 PM
RE: mahommid and his 9 year old bride
And opinion of those few is bothering you? I don't know nor I do really care but it could have been norm then.

You say wrong now and wrong then, but it's nothing more than your opinion. Others could have different view on this subject and you saying wrong now, wrong then they could see as a hating.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
07-07-2015, 04:34 PM
This was in a closed atheist group. But no it doesn't bother me. What does bother me is that having sex with a 9 year old.
07-07-2015, 05:05 PM
(07-07-2015 04:17 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I don't know nor I do really care but it could have been norm then.

It was.

Young females on the brink of reproductive age were often married off to men, or arranged to young males.
It's dangerous but females can usually give birth around 10 onward, so it's not surprising young marriage was common when (and where) populations were relatively low and death rate high.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-07-2015, 05:47 PM
(07-07-2015 05:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 04:17 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I don't know nor I do really care but it could have been norm then.

It was.

Young females on the brink of reproductive age were often married off to men, or arranged to young males.
It's dangerous but females can usually give birth around 10 onward, so it's not surprising young marriage was common when (and where) populations were relatively low and death rate high.

That makes a little sense but I still say it was wrong
07-07-2015, 06:18 PM
According to ancient Jewish law 12 years old was the age of consent for girls to marry. Not that they consented or had much say about who they were married to. So if one believes the Christian story, the little Jewish girl, Mary, might have been only 3 years older than Muhammad's wife.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
07-07-2015, 06:27 PM
How long did people live back then? That likely needs to be taken into account. If the life span was considerably shorter, childbearing would have had to start earlier too..

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-07-2015, 07:04 PM
The problem is the towel-heads are still doing the same thing today.

http://www.france24.com/en/20150610-yeme...0-divorced

Quote:One in three girls is married before the age of 18 in Yemen and one in seven before the age of 15, according to UNICEF. In September 2013, the case of Rawan, an 8-year-old girl who died of internal bleeding on her wedding night, made international headlines and sparked an outcry against child marriages. Yemen ranks second in the Middle East and North Africa region in early marriages per capita, after Sudan.

Fuck allah.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
08-07-2015, 01:44 AM
(07-07-2015 05:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

It was.

Thanks for the info.

(07-07-2015 05:47 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 05:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  It was.

That makes a little sense but I still say it was wrong

For you it is, for others it may be not. I would also say it's wrong but there is little sense in judging long dead people by our standards, it's not like they knew better.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
08-07-2015, 02:03 AM
(08-07-2015 01:44 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 05:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  It was.

Thanks for the info.

(07-07-2015 05:47 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  That makes a little sense but I still say it was wrong

For you it is, for others it may be not. I would also say it's wrong but there is little sense in judging long dead people by our standards, it's not like they knew better.
True. However most Islamic men think he is the ideal man. So they strive to do what he did. So its still going on.