male circumcision of minors should be a felony

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2016, 08:09 PM
RE: male circumcision of minors should be a felony
I don't get how you could say "probably" but no I don't think you should be punished. I don't support retroactive legislation (except in cases of decriminalization). I think a federal law should be passed and that the Supreme Court should up hold it despite the religious objections that would come up. After that point, I think it should be punished with the same conviction that would be used against someone who maliciously attacked a stranger and stabbed his penis.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2016, 08:15 PM
(22-05-2016 08:09 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I don't get how you could say "probably" but no I don't think you should be punished. I don't support retroactive legislation (except in cases of decriminalization). I think a federal law should be passed and that the Supreme Court should up hold it despite the religious objections that would come up. After that point, I think it should be punished with the same conviction that would be used against someone who maliciously attacked a stranger and stabbed his penis.

I say probably because it's not a conversation that I've had with my wife yet, though I'm fairly certain she would agree with us.

Keep up the good fight, but try harder at looking at the issues from every angle instead of rushing to condemn every person who isn't as ethically evolved as you at the moment. Thank you for your forgiveness.

If we should ever meet in real life, the round is on me.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
22-05-2016, 08:19 PM
(22-05-2016 08:09 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I don't get how you could say "probably" but no I don't think you should be punished. I don't support retroactive legislation (except in cases of decriminalization). I think a federal law should be passed and that the Supreme Court should up hold it despite the religious objections that would come up. After that point, I think it should be punished with the same conviction that would be used against someone who maliciously attacked a stranger and stabbed his penis.

Okay, so get out there and start raising awareness.

I mean, obviously, people who want this procedure done are going to do it one way or another, even if it means leaving the state or country to have it performed. But if you think this is important, then contact your legislators and ask what you can do to get the ball rolling on this. You'll probably curtail a good number of circumcisions if you get a federal law passed.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
22-05-2016, 08:22 PM

That would be less time than FGM. Life threaten assault with a weapon can be charged as a felony but non life threatening assault (which this would be classified as) is usually a misdemeanor and punishable by a fine or jail term less than 2yrs.

Now, I don't think it will do any good but I will try to add my voice to others:

When you shout at people no matter how right you are or just your cause people will stop listening to you. Do you get that? You have been essentially shouting for the last several of pages of dialog. People are no longer wanting to listen, is this really the best way to try and convince others of your position? (Though to be fair, no one really disagrees with you but that doesn't seem to be enough for you) If you drive them off, you fail. It's a simple as that. Please consider my words.

Okay, I'm done here.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 8 users Like Heatheness's post
22-05-2016, 08:25 PM
First, I want to get all infants officially registered as atheists. Trump is onboard with this.
22-05-2016, 08:34 PM
Quote:Though to be fair, no one really disagrees with you but that doesn't seem to be enough for you

I thought about that. I just got more and more carried away the more I thought about it today. I've thought it was wrong since I can remember considering it but it never seemed so clear like it did today. I doubt I'll care that much tomorrow when I wake up and have to go to work.
22-05-2016, 09:12 PM
(22-05-2016 05:35 AM)ImFred Wrote:  What if it were the tip of the pinkie and there was a Scientific Journal concluding "It's safe, you don't have to clip your pinkie nail, and you can shake hands just fine." [...]

This is a nonsensical analogy, and doesn't bear consideration.

And you'd be first in the queue for a circumcision if you were one of the 10 per 1,000 adolescent males who're diagnosed with phimosis (a congenital narrowing of the opening of the foreskin so that it can't be retracted) or paraphimosis (the retracted foreskin can't be returned to its normal anatomic position).

I worked with a 28-year-old bloke who suffered from phimosis, which necessitated a circumcision to relieve it. He was bed-ridden for nearly three weeks (couldn't walk) and had to tolerate excruciating pain urinating for the first few days, due to constriction of the urethra and the inability to catheterise him.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
22-05-2016, 09:32 PM
I never once argued that it shouldn't be done to relieve a real medical malady.

And you're right about the pinkie. I don't think any man cares as much for his pinkie as his penis. I should have used a more reasonable analogy like having your kneecaps smashed in or maybe foot binding. Even though those things are non-dick.
22-05-2016, 09:37 PM
(22-05-2016 08:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  So you agree with "my body, my decision"?

This overused feminist mantra is too all-encompassing when talking about medical procedures for newborn babies.

Would any rational thinking parent deny their baby corrective procedures if the baby was born with congenital talipes, which affects one in every 1,000 live births, and which is not in the least a life-threatening condition? Or should they wait until the child is old enough to discuss the condition, and either refuse treatment or accept it? Of course not.

The other point to consider with circumcision is that new-born babies have virtually no capacity to feel pain at any subjective level beyond reflex. The neuronal synapses are simply too underdeveloped at that point in life. And no... I have not the faintest memory of ever suffering pain during my circumcision as a newborn.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
22-05-2016, 10:11 PM
They use anesthesia.