male circumcision of minors should be a felony

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2016, 11:05 PM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2016 11:47 PM by Vosur.)
RE: male circumcision of minors should be a felony
(22-05-2016 09:37 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(22-05-2016 08:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  So you agree with "my body, my decision"?

This overused feminist mantra is too all-encompassing when talking about medical procedures for newborn babies.

Would any rational thinking parent deny their baby corrective procedures if the baby was born with congenital talipes, which affects one in every 1,000 live births, and which is not in the least a life-threatening condition? Or should they wait until the child is old enough to discuss the condition, and either refuse treatment or accept it? Of course not.

The other point to consider with circumcision is that new-born babies have virtually no capacity to feel pain at any subjective level beyond reflex. The neuronal synapses are simply too underdeveloped at that point in life. And no... I have not the faintest memory of ever suffering pain during my circumcision as a newborn.
Male circumcision is performed as a cosmetic procedure in the vast majority of cases. Not a single person in this thread has objected to circumcising people with a medical problem like phimosis, but keep on knocking down these strawmen so you can feel good about having been mutilated at birth.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
23-05-2016, 12:01 AM
(22-05-2016 07:17 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(22-05-2016 05:50 PM)ImFred Wrote:  If he goes around slicing up infants' penises or paying others to do it he is.

I highly doubt that he wanders from village to deli randomly cutting dicks. Chill the fuck out.

This has got to be one of the funnier typos I've seen this year.
[+] 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
23-05-2016, 01:09 AM
(22-05-2016 11:05 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Male circumcision is performed as a cosmetic procedure in the vast majority of cases. Not a single person in this thread has objected to circumcising people with a medical problem like phimosis, but keep on knocking down these strawmen so you can feel good about having been mutilated at birth.

How many here would get their infant tattooed? How many would get their infant liposuction, a nose job, or any other elective cosmetic surgery?

How popular would that be in the general population?

If you where to try to do either, what would child protective services do?

Okay, that all being said, let me pose to you a question. Why does circumcision get a pass? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
23-05-2016, 01:38 AM
(23-05-2016 01:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-05-2016 11:05 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Male circumcision is performed as a cosmetic procedure in the vast majority of cases. Not a single person in this thread has objected to circumcising people with a medical problem like phimosis, but keep on knocking down these strawmen so you can feel good about having been mutilated at birth.

How many here would get their infant tattooed? How many would get their infant liposuction, a nose job, or any other elective cosmetic surgery?

Okay, that all being said, let me pose to you a question. Why does circumcision get a pass? Consider
I think you responded to the wrong person unless you were using "you" to address everyone in this thread. I'm vehemently opposed to circumcision.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
23-05-2016, 01:43 AM
(23-05-2016 01:38 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 01:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  How many here would get their infant tattooed? How many would get their infant liposuction, a nose job, or any other elective cosmetic surgery?

I think you responded to the wrong person unless you were using "you" to address everyone in this thread. I'm vehemently opposed to circumcision.

I got that, I was actually agreeing with you. The question was triggered by your post, but it wasn't necessarily a question exclusively for you or directed at you; I guess I should have made that a bit more clear. I just think that anyone who's okay with circumcision needs to explain why they are either for or against babies getting tattoos or cosmetic surgery. I think they need to find a way to square that circle.

Asking a Socratic question seemed like the best way to make my point. Smartass

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
23-05-2016, 06:43 AM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2016 07:10 AM by Chas.)
(22-05-2016 06:14 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(22-05-2016 05:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  So, you're a psychopath? Consider

You've known me long enough, you tell me. I would assume a psychopath wouldn't recognize his own affliction.

I'm sure many do. Consider

However, I was just clarifying his quote and your acceptance with a little humor. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-05-2016, 07:12 AM
(22-05-2016 09:37 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(22-05-2016 08:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  So you agree with "my body, my decision"?

This overused feminist mantra is too all-encompassing when talking about medical procedures for newborn babies.

Would any rational thinking parent deny their baby corrective procedures if the baby was born with congenital talipes, which affects one in every 1,000 live births, and which is not in the least a life-threatening condition? Or should they wait until the child is old enough to discuss the condition, and either refuse treatment or accept it? Of course not.

Necessary vs. unnecessary. Try again. Drinking Beverage

Quote:The other point to consider with circumcision is that new-born babies have virtually no capacity to feel pain at any subjective level beyond reflex. The neuronal synapses are simply too underdeveloped at that point in life. And no... I have not the faintest memory of ever suffering pain during my circumcision as a newborn.

Citation required. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-05-2016, 09:15 AM
(23-05-2016 01:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Okay, that all being said, let me pose to you a question. Why does circumcision get a pass? Consider

I'll take "Religion" for a true Daily Double, Alex.
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
23-05-2016, 09:28 AM
(23-05-2016 07:12 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-05-2016 09:37 PM)SYZ Wrote:  This overused feminist mantra is too all-encompassing when talking about medical procedures for newborn babies.

Necessary vs. unnecessary. Try again. Drinking Beverage

Quote:The other point to consider with circumcision is that new-born babies have virtually no capacity to feel pain at any subjective level beyond reflex. The neuronal synapses are simply too underdeveloped at that point in life. And no... I have not the faintest memory of ever suffering pain during my circumcision as a newborn.

Citation required. Consider

Yeah, while the neurological responses from newborn babies isn't the same as adults or older babies, children etc., to suggest they don't feel pain is utter crap. If they react to a pain reflex they're feeling pain. If they didn't react -- a pediatric neurologist would be asked to consult.

Saying that because he doesn't remember it, is really specious, since people generally don't remember being born and even learning to walk (with all the falling down and head bumps) a year later is very limited. Real memory begins forming later, usually around the same time language skill occurs for neuro typical children around the age two.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-05-2016, 10:22 AM
RE: male circumcision of minors
[Image: traditiondemotivator.jpeg]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post