male circumcision of minors should be a felony

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2016, 10:58 AM
RE: male circumcision of minors should be a felony
Procedure: Surgical foreskin amputation

Subject: Male infants

Indications: A small proportion of the population (<1%).

Contra-indictations: A small proportion of the population (<1%).

Benefits: A minor reduction in STI transmission that are much more effectively avoided by the use of condoms. Effective treatment for a complications that can arise later in life for a small proportion of the population (<1%).

Detriments: Amputation of sensitive genital nerves. Complications in a small proportion of the population (<1% to 2% depending on the source). Reduced mother-child bonding due to pain and/or medications. Psychological effects later in life where the results may be viewed as mutilation.

Status: Elective cosmetic surgery except in the rare instance where indicated at birth (<1%)

Informed consent: Impossible

Reversibility: Not possible in all cases, limitted, incomplete, dangerous and painful.

Recommendations:

- Legislate as a surgical procedure to be preformed only by lisenced medical professionals. Prosecute offenders accordingly.

- Have the AMA and other relevant medical bodies designate this procedure solely for infants where medically necessary. Medical professionals who perform this procedure as an elective cosmetic surgery are fined and have their lisences revoked.

- When they reach the age of majority, allow children to sue their parents and the medical practitioners for unneccessary disfiguring bodily alteration performed without consent.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
23-05-2016, 10:59 AM
Interest thread. Everybody already basically covered the arguments.

Obviously male circumcision is logically out of place in this day and age. As pointed out by mentioning other forms of body scarring, mutilation, or modification and how they wouldn't be acceptable on a child. Comparing it to FGM is fine, but the thing is, we don't even NEED to compare it to FGM to show that it is wrong. However FGM at least does set a precedent for illegality.

I'll say that, as an uncircumcised male, I can't even fathom allowing myself to be circumcised. It sounds terrible. Along the same lines as chopping off my ear lobe -- but worse. And, maybe I just haven't seen enough wieners, but when they are erect, I'm pretty sure they look pretty much the same whether circumcised or not, so I don't get why women would have a strong preference, since the male genitalia are pretty much uninteresting noodles/dumplings unless erect.

I hope it becomes on opt-in only operation in the future. Doing it to those who have no voice or sense of self-identity is wrong.

And anybody who brings up "but there are time when it is necessary to treat...." I mean, come on. You very well know we aren't talking about that here. You know we are talking about the cosmetic, cultural, and often religiously inspired practice of removing a portion of a baby's genitalia.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 3 users Like Adrianime's post
23-05-2016, 11:02 AM
I'm not circumcised, neither is my father, neither are my two sons. I just figure it's a decision any man can make for himself later in life. If my boys want to get circumcised when they're adults, that's up to them, it certainly won't offend me. But I didn't presume that I had the right to make that decision for them.
[+] 2 users Like Mr. Boston's post
23-05-2016, 04:21 PM
My mother and father wanted me to become a Jew.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-05-2016, 04:23 PM
(23-05-2016 04:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My mother and father wanted me to become a Jew.

But instead you became B-b.
23-05-2016, 04:41 PM
(23-05-2016 04:23 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 04:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My mother and father wanted me to become a Jew.

But instead you became B-b.

I'm telling my colleagues and family to call me "Jew B-b".

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-05-2016, 04:53 PM
(23-05-2016 04:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 04:23 PM)Aliza Wrote:  But instead you became B-b.

I'm telling my colleagues and family to call me "Jew B-b".

Jew-b-jew-b... jew.... sing it Frankie. Smokin

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
23-05-2016, 05:22 PM
(23-05-2016 10:59 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Interest thread. Everybody already basically covered the arguments.

Obviously male circumcision is logically out of place in this day and age. As pointed out by mentioning other forms of body scarring, mutilation, or modification and how they wouldn't be acceptable on a child. Comparing it to FGM is fine, but the thing is, we don't even NEED to compare it to FGM to show that it is wrong. However FGM at least does set a precedent for illegality.

I'll say that, as an uncircumcised male, I can't even fathom allowing myself to be circumcised. It sounds terrible. Along the same lines as chopping off my ear lobe -- but worse. And, maybe I just haven't seen enough wieners, but when they are erect, I'm pretty sure they look pretty much the same whether circumcised or not, so I don't get why women would have a strong preference, since the male genitalia are pretty much uninteresting noodles/dumplings unless erect.

I hope it becomes on opt-in only operation in the future. Doing it to those who have no voice or sense of self-identity is wrong.

And anybody who brings up "but there are time when it is necessary to treat...." I mean, come on. You very well know we aren't talking about that here. You know we are talking about the cosmetic, cultural, and often religiously inspired practice of removing a portion of a baby's genitalia.

Women's esthetic preference is not a compelling argument. At all. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
23-05-2016, 05:47 PM
So I got a question for uncircumcised men. An uncircumcised male indisputably has a far more sensitive glans than a circumcised one. Now I have a problem lasting even with a desensitized penis. How the fuck do you guys last more than a minute with a fully sensitive penis?

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-05-2016, 06:05 PM
(23-05-2016 05:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So I got a question for uncircumcised men. An uncircumcised male indisputably has a far more sensitive glans than a circumcised one. Now I have a problem lasting even with a desensitized penis. How the fuck do you guys last more than a minute with a fully sensitive penis?

Frequency can have a lot to do with that. The more you play the longer you last... usually.

*no, I do not have a penis of any sort but I do have fuck experience with a PE.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post