male circumcision of minors should be a felony

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2016, 09:19 PM
RE: male circumcision of minors should be a felony
(23-05-2016 08:43 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 06:18 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'm not sure I want to get too far into it [...]

.. said no man, ever ...

Laugh out load

You make me laugh. Heart

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
23-05-2016, 11:30 PM
(23-05-2016 09:19 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 08:43 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  .. said no man, ever ...

Laugh out load

You make me laugh. Heart

Smile
24-05-2016, 02:36 AM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2016 11:01 AM by Slowminded.)
(23-05-2016 08:13 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  20 minutes is on the low end for me. 30 minutes is normal.

Girl_nails

People usually don`t count the time it takes them to drive over to girlfriend`s house.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 7 users Like Slowminded's post
24-05-2016, 07:01 AM
(24-05-2016 02:36 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 08:13 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
20 minutes is on the low end for me. 30 minutes is normal.

Girl_nails

People usually don`t count the time it takes them to drive over to girlfriend`s house.
[/quote]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
24-05-2016, 11:48 AM
(23-05-2016 07:12 AM)Chas Wrote:  
Quote:The other point to consider with circumcision is that new-born babies have virtually no capacity to feel pain at any subjective level beyond reflex. The neuronal synapses are simply too underdeveloped at that point in life. And no... I have not the faintest memory of ever suffering pain during my circumcision as a newborn.

Citation required.

Upon further research it would appear that I've made an erroneous claim. According to THIS report, "Neonates do not feel pain: A critical review of the evidence":

Up until the late 1980s... it was widely considered among clinicians that neonatal pain experience was non-existent due to the belief that they were undeveloped and incapable [Owens and Todt, 1984].
The 20th century appeared to be a time in which clinicians were more concerned about foetal distress. This is reflected by the significant lack of studies from 1920 until 1980 investigating pain in the neonate; curare often being used as a surgical muscular paralysis agent up until 1985, making pain-related protest or movement impossible regardless of its existence [Cote, Lerman and Todres, 2009].

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
24-05-2016, 11:56 AM
After this thread, over the weekend I discussed with my fiance that I would like for us to wait to allow our future children to pierce their ears until they were old enough to know that is what they really wanted to do to their bodies. She basically agrees.

Yesterday at work, my friend who had his first baby less than a year ago showed me a video of him taking his daughter to get her ears pierced. *sigh* haha, can't control other people. His baby was happy and content while they set it all up...then the piercing happened and you could see her face turn sour and she started crying. I told him (jokingly), "You probably made her lose faith in people. She'll never trust anybody again!"

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
24-05-2016, 12:03 PM
(24-05-2016 11:56 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  After this thread, over the weekend I discussed with my fiance that I would like for us to wait to allow our future children to pierce their ears until they were old enough to know that is what they really wanted to do to their bodies. She basically agrees.

Yesterday at work, my friend who had his first baby less than a year ago showed me a video of him taking his daughter to get her ears pierced. *sigh* haha, can't control other people. His baby was happy and content while they set it all up...then the piercing happened and you could see her face turn sour and she started crying. I told him (jokingly), "You probably made her lose faith in people. She'll never trust anybody again!"

I actually wish I'd gotten my ears pierced as a baby.

It fucking hurt -- but had to be done. Clip on earrings are just ugly and pinchy.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

24-05-2016, 12:10 PM
I appreciate having had the choice - if I had had them done as baby they would have long healed shut by the time I actually wanted to wear ear rings - in my 30s. I didn't want any before then. As kid I would have hated it - it wasn't trendy at the time.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
24-05-2016, 12:34 PM
I was always glad I wasn't my friend who when he was 9 his Muslim family during annual visits to Turkey he was circumcised. That just always sounded far more brutal than having no point of mental reference to it.

I also don't entirely grasp why he told us this fact because of course fellow highschool guys would occasionally joke at even such a shivering concept

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
24-05-2016, 12:48 PM
(24-05-2016 12:34 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I was always glad I wasn't my friend who when he was 9 his Muslim family during annual visits to Turkey he was circumcised. That just always sounded far more brutal than having no point of mental reference to it.

I also don't entirely grasp why he told us this fact because of course fellow highschool guys would occasionally joke at even such a shivering concept
My best friend got circumcised when he was 11 or 12. I just remember him being "out" for a few days haha.

Sadcryface

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.