male circumcision of minors should be a felony

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2016, 12:56 PM
RE: male circumcision of minors should be a felony
(24-05-2016 12:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  I appreciate having had the choice - if I had had them done as baby they would have long healed shut by the time I actually wanted to wear ear rings - in my 30s. I didn't want any before then. As kid I would have hated it - it wasn't trendy at the time.

It could be I grew up in a heavily Hispanic area, but all the girls had pierced ears. Consider Now that I think of it, even the Italian girls had pierced ears. I was pea-green with envy.

I got mine done at 16 or 17. I was very late to the game, because everyone had them by that time. Smile

But sometime in my 20s, I totally gave up wearing them and didn't for many,many years. I rediscovered my love of earrings about 5 years ago, and my holes were astonishingly fine.

But if I had needed to redo them, I doubt I would bother -- it hurt that bad.

It was like the first time I got an eyebrow wax...

I was like holy fuck....why?' Weeping

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2016, 01:02 PM
(24-05-2016 12:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 12:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  I appreciate having had the choice - if I had had them done as baby they would have long healed shut by the time I actually wanted to wear ear rings - in my 30s. I didn't want any before then. As kid I would have hated it - it wasn't trendy at the time.

It could be I grew up in a heavily Hispanic area, but all the girls had pierced ears. Consider Now that I think of it, even the Italian girls had pierced ears. I was pea-green with envy.

I got mine done at 16 or 17. I was very late to the game, because everyone had them by that time. Smile

But sometime in my 20s, I totally gave up wearing them and didn't for many,many years. I rediscovered my love of earrings about 5 years ago, and my holes were astonishingly fine.

Yep, it did hurt. Note to self: Never get an eyebrow wax! Shy

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
24-05-2016, 01:19 PM
(24-05-2016 01:02 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 12:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It could be I grew up in a heavily Hispanic area, but all the girls had pierced ears. Consider Now that I think of it, even the Italian girls had pierced ears. I was pea-green with envy.

Yep, it did hurt. Note to self: Never get an eyebrow wax! Shy

My mom had perfect eyebrows...never needed to do anything to them.

I got my dad's eyebrows...if I let them go too long they look like two baby caterpillars having a staredown standoff. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-05-2016, 02:54 PM
(24-05-2016 01:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 01:02 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yep, it did hurt. Note to self: Never get an eyebrow wax! Shy

My mom had perfect eyebrows...never needed to do anything to them.

I got my dad's eyebrows...if I let them go too long they look like two baby caterpillars having a staredown standoff. Big Grin

I suppose god blessed me with eyebrows that need no plucking or trimming. Smile I also have never shaved my legs or armpits. No hair on my legs at all, and a few single very short hairs in my arm pit. Not noticeable. Praise the lord! Big Grin

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
24-05-2016, 03:07 PM
(24-05-2016 12:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  But if I had needed to redo them, I doubt I would bother -- it hurt that bad.

I was like holy f***....why?' Weeping
My older sister used to use NADS (wax) on my eyebrows for fun when I was like 10. She was 18 or so at the time. It wasn't so bad Tongue.

I'll tell you, the worst pain I ever felt in my life was the laser hair removal treatment I got on the front of my neck (I had a horrible ingrown hair problem). That felt like being prodded with those old car cigarette lighters...but about 150 times per treatment. Turns out that dark skin + coarse hair + dense growth + thin skin (neck area) is like the most painful combination you can choose for LHR.

(24-05-2016 02:54 PM)Dom Wrote:  I suppose god blessed me with eyebrows that need no plucking or trimming. Smile I also have never shaved my legs or armpits. No hair on my legs at all, and a few single very short hairs in my arm pit. Not noticeable. Praise the lord! Big Grin
mutant Dodgy

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
24-05-2016, 03:12 PM
(24-05-2016 02:54 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 01:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My mom had perfect eyebrows...never needed to do anything to them.

I suppose god blessed me with eyebrows that need no plucking or trimming. Smile I also have never shaved my legs or armpits. No hair on my legs at all, and a few single very short hairs in my arm pit. Not noticeable. Praise the lord! Big Grin

Yet another reason for me to think god is just evil. Big Grin.

Being blonde I could getaway with not shaving my legs or underarms too often (my brunette friends had to shave daily) so I can sorta relate.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-05-2016, 11:03 PM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2016 11:06 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
Contrary to the assertions that male circumcision isn't treated as seriously as female circumcision due to "society not caring about men," I would contend it has more to do with the fact that most men who are circumcised don't consider it a negative phenomenon. Female circumcision is an oppressive practice designed to sexually control women and permanently impairs their sexual performance. Men are circumcised due to religious tradition and a peculiar quirk in American history. Prudish doctors around the turn of the 20th century wanted to reduce masturbation and convinced the public that circumcision would provide the means for that. It was completely incorrect of course, and we then promptly forgot why we were doing it to begin with, so we continued the practice because "that's how our fathers were," and a desire to conform to convention.

Male circumcision has not been conclusively proven to inhibit any sexual functions by any major health organization. In fact, the WHO recommends that men within areas where HIV/AIDS is particularly prevalent to be circumcised. On the other hand, female circumcision is undeniably a sexually and psychologically traumatic experience, it's difficult to say the same for men, who are usually circumcised as infants (except in the Muslim world). Modern medically operated circumcision is a safe practice with a low chance of infection, in fact the risk of infection increases with age, making infancy the optimal time to enact the procedure.

If you want to make the argument that it's unethical due to grounds of non-consent, be my guest, but until most men who have undergone the procedure start giving a fuck about it as well, there's very little chance much headway is going to be made on outlawing infant circumcision. It's not a case of society not caring about men, it's a case of circumcised men not caring about being circumcised when they were infants.

Oh, and the OP's suggestion that we should consider executing doctor's who perform circumcisions is like listening to those pro-life extremists who want to hang abortion providers or shoot up a clinic.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
26-05-2016, 11:18 PM
(26-05-2016 11:03 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Contrary to the assertions that male circumcision isn't treated as seriously as female circumcision due to "society not caring about men," I would contend it has more to do with the fact that most men who are circumcised don't consider it a negative phenomenon. Female circumcision is an oppressive practice designed to sexually control women and permanently impairs their sexual performance. Men are circumcised due to religious tradition and a peculiar quirk in American history. Prudish doctors around the turn of the 20th century wanted to reduce masturbation and convinced the public that circumcision would provide the means for that. It was completely incorrect of course, and we then promptly forgot why we were doing it to begin with, so we continued the practice because "that's how our fathers were," and a desire to conform to convention.

Male circumcision has not been conclusively proven to inhibit any sexual functions by any major health organization. In fact, the WHO recommends that men within areas where HIV/AIDS is particularly prevalent to be circumcised. On the other hand, female circumcision is undeniably a sexually and psychologically traumatic experience, it's difficult to say the same for men, who are usually circumcised as infants (except in the Muslim world). Modern medically operated circumcision is a safe practice with a low chance of infection, in fact the risk of infection increases with age, making infancy the optimal time to enact the procedure.

If you want to make the argument that it's unethical due to grounds of non-consent, be my guest, but until most men who have undergone the procedure start giving a fuck about it as well, there's very little chance much headway is going to be made on outlawing infant circumcision. It's not a case of society not caring about men, it's a case of circumcised men not caring about being circumcised when they were infants.

Oh, and the OP's suggestion that we should consider executing doctor's who perform circumcisions is like listening to those pro-life extremists who want to hang abortion providers or shoot up a clinic.

Also men who are circumcised are hot.

That is all! Blush
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
26-05-2016, 11:38 PM
(26-05-2016 11:18 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Also men who are circumcised are hot.

That is all! Blush

So, did I mention ... ?
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
27-05-2016, 01:38 AM
(26-05-2016 11:38 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 11:18 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Also men who are circumcised are hot.

That is all! Blush

So, did I mention ... ?

Dang, foiled yet again.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post