male circumcision of minors should be a felony

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2016, 11:56 AM
RE: male circumcision of minors should be a felony
(21-05-2016 11:40 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 11:30 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I kept my sons unsnipped. Which turned out to be a good thing, when my OB looked relieved after the birth of my first and said, "good because I really suck at doing them."

I think it's unneeded -- except when it is needed.

I wholeheartedly agree Non-medically necessary Circumcision to a minor should be a felony and should result in loss of medical practice. However there are a few medical reasons for the procedure. That said the current US system it like saying "Well kids don't brush so lets remove all their teeth to prevent cavities".

Yeah exactly. I knew one guy who volunteered that he had to be circumcised when I said my younger son was born. The only reason he did, I'm sure was to tell me what to look for -- in case of issues.

When I was pregnant with our first, we met with the pediatrician -- awesome guy who I just loved, he gave us all kinds of information on circumcision, and even volunteered that he broke (his Jewish family) tradition by not having his own son done.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-05-2016, 12:04 PM
And that "hard to clean" crap doesn't wash (excuse the pun) either. Your butthole can be hard to clean too but you don't see people lining up to get that trimmed back.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
21-05-2016, 12:12 PM
(21-05-2016 12:04 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  And that "hard to clean" crap doesn't wash (excuse the pun) either. Your butthole can be hard to clean too but you don't see people lining up to get that trimmed back.

Nice one Laugh out load .... In my late teens I got the job done, my choice, it was needed.... in my case it's a lot easier to clean than it was Tongue

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
21-05-2016, 12:19 PM
(21-05-2016 11:36 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 11:30 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I kept my sons unsnipped. Which turned out to be a good thing, when my OB looked relieved after the birth of my first and said, "good because I really suck at doing them."

I think it's unneeded -- except when it is needed.

Hell. He should refuse to do it. "Do no harm."

What really disturbed me and still does was that she admitted she sucked at doing them AFTER I said I wasn't interested. She was truly relieved that I said I didn't want it done and excited. If I close my eyes I can still her.

Had I been interested...would she have just done it anyway and just hoped for the best? Or would she have asked a more qualified doctor to do it?

I'll admit I was more or less on the fence about the whole thing...until his birth which was very difficult. He'd already been through so much, I couldn't consider it.

Also the whole after care involving circumcision was more than I wanted to deal with. He was sooo tiny he couldn't fit into the newborn baby clothes I brought to the hospital. (Should probably explain that he weighed just over 6 pounds and I was 34 weeks pregnant when he was born -- so technically he was a preemie).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

21-05-2016, 12:43 PM
Well, I'm glad you made the obviously correct decision. Good for you!
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
21-05-2016, 12:54 PM
I agree with the title, not with the OP.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
21-05-2016, 01:10 PM
The death penalty thing too far for you?

Well, as an adult male, if someone held me down a cut off part of my penis I WOULD want them DEAD!

But yeah, that might be in there a little just for effect.
21-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Is there any evidence that it's actually detrimental?

Also, I don't think it's fair to compare it to female genital mutilation. Cutting off a girl's clitoris so she can't experience pleasure during sex is simply not the same as cutting off the foreskin of the penis.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 5 users Like BnW's post
21-05-2016, 01:34 PM
(21-05-2016 01:26 PM)BnW Wrote:  Is there any evidence that it's actually detrimental?

The issue of whether it's detrimental or not is secondary to the issue of whether or not we should cut off a part of a child's penis without their consent, just because there might be some vague health benefits.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
21-05-2016, 01:37 PM
(21-05-2016 01:26 PM)BnW Wrote:  Is there any evidence that it's actually detrimental?

Also, I don't think it's fair to compare it to female genital mutilation. Cutting off a girl's clitoris so she can't experience pleasure during sex is simply not the same as cutting off the foreskin of the penis.

No it's not the same but it's still unnecessary unless there's an issue.

Detrimental? Things go wrong in surgeries all the time so there's detrimental risk factors. Also, you're cutting away sensitive skin and there is evidence that it decreases sensitivity and a variety of other issues.

http://www.circumcision.org/studies.htm

Of course there's always controversy about anything, this has its share.

Still, my guide is absolutely in the field of "necessary vs unnecessary".

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post