male circumcision of minors should be a felony

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2016, 08:45 AM
RE: male circumcision of minors should be a felony
(28-05-2016 08:22 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  I`m afraid that I`mFred will not find this skin-deep jokes to be very funny.

Agreed, as much as I love puns and word play in general I think you're probably right. Not that he doesn't have a sense of humor but this is a very personal subject for him.

Lets not thread jack this serious issue.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
28-05-2016, 08:51 AM
(28-05-2016 08:45 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Lets not thread jack this serious issue.

[Image: 2rfca47.jpg]

[Image: dz9x86_th.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
28-05-2016, 08:55 AM
(28-05-2016 08:51 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(28-05-2016 08:45 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Lets not thread jack this serious issue.

[Image: 2rfca47.jpg]

[Image: dz9x86_th.jpg]

arggghhh! I did not mean that. Tongue

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
28-05-2016, 08:58 AM
lol, you are an effortless punster!
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
28-05-2016, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2016 10:35 AM by Tartarus Sauce.)
(28-05-2016 02:00 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 11:03 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Female circumcision is an oppressive practice designed to sexually control women and permanently impairs their sexual performance.

(26-05-2016 11:03 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Prudish doctors around the turn of the 20th century wanted to reduce masturbation and convinced the public that circumcision would provide the means for that.

And you're saying that wanting to reduce male masturbation does not constitute "sexually controlling" them? Ok. Laugh out load

No, I never said that. It was the reason that it became a common practice in America, but it completely failed in that regard. We never stopped circumcising though out of habit, not out of a continued desire to suppress male sex drives; most Americans don't even know the origin of why it became so commonplace. If male circumcision did have that effect, though, it would be coequal with female circumcision in terms of the damage it does to sexual performance.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
28-05-2016, 10:39 AM
(28-05-2016 10:31 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(28-05-2016 02:00 AM)Vosur Wrote:  And you're saying that wanting to reduce male masturbation does not constitute "sexually controlling" them? Ok. Laugh out load

No, I never said that. It was the reason that it became a common practice in America, but it completely failed in that regard. We never stopped circumcising though out of habit, not out of a continued desire to suppress male sex drives; most Americans don't even know why it became so commonplace. If male circumcision did have that effect, though, it would be coequal with female circumcision in terms of the damage it does.

Most Americans think it's necessary for cleanliness.

In reality, it just supports the lubricant industry.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
28-05-2016, 11:29 AM
(28-05-2016 10:39 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(28-05-2016 10:31 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  No, I never said that. It was the reason that it became a common practice in America, but it completely failed in that regard. We never stopped circumcising though out of habit, not out of a continued desire to suppress male sex drives; most Americans don't even know why it became so commonplace. If male circumcision did have that effect, though, it would be coequal with female circumcision in terms of the damage it does.

Most Americans think it's necessary for cleanliness.

Is that what they think? I just assumed people did it out of societal expectation.

I entirely agree that it's a rather curious cultural tradition that exemplifies how convention can normalize rather bizarre practices, but the reality is, medical literature holds far less of a consensus on the function of the foreskin than many of the circumcision detractors have been contending, including your claim several pages back about the nerve endings enhancing sexual pleasure.

The possibility of it acting as a lubricator seems to be the only aspect most health organizations agree on. As a circumcised male, dry-handing has never been a problem for me and most women I've engaged in relations with have provided more than enough lubricant on their own.

I'm far more sympathetic to the objections over lack of consent with infant circumcision, but since the procedure doesn't seem to impair men's sexual functions, it's difficult to really get public opinion whipped up in a furor over something out of principle, and until opinions within the professional health field manage to unify into a broader consensus on the effects of circumcision, I'll remain rather nonplussed by the practice.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
28-05-2016, 01:12 PM
(28-05-2016 10:31 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  No, I never said that. It was the reason that it became a common practice in America, but it completely failed in that regard. We never stopped circumcising though out of habit, not out of a continued desire to suppress male sex drives; most Americans don't even know the origin of why it became so commonplace. If male circumcision did have that effect, though, it would be coequal with female circumcision in terms of the damage it does to sexual performance.
Fair enough, I stand correct. Although I can see your point, do you honestly believe that female circumcision isn't also being practiced as a matter of (religious) tradition today? What evidence is there to suggest that the primary reason behind it is the desire to "sexually control" female sexuality and to "suppress their sex drives"?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
28-05-2016, 01:17 PM
(28-05-2016 11:29 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(28-05-2016 10:39 AM)Dom Wrote:  Most Americans think it's necessary for cleanliness.

Is that what they think? I just assumed people did it out of societal expectation.

I entirely agree that it's a rather curious cultural tradition that exemplifies how convention can normalize rather bizarre practices, but the reality is, medical literature holds far less of a consensus on the function of the foreskin than many of the circumcision detractors have been contending, including your claim several pages back about the nerve endings enhancing sexual pleasure.

The possibility of it acting as a lubricator seems to be the only aspect most health organizations agree on. As a circumcised male, dry-handing has never been a problem for me and most women I've engaged in relations with have provided more than enough lubricant on their own.

I'm far more sympathetic to the objections over lack of consent with infant circumcision, but since the procedure doesn't seem to impair men's sexual functions, it's difficult to really get public opinion whipped up in a furor over something out of principle, and until opinions within the professional health field manage to unify into a broader consensus on the effects of circumcision, I'll remain rather nonplussed by the practice.
It's still seen to them as recommended medical by doctors and even public medical figures like Dr. Drew who has still recommended it and I'm sure other TV/radio figures have continued too.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
28-05-2016, 01:39 PM
(28-05-2016 11:29 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(28-05-2016 10:39 AM)Dom Wrote:  Most Americans think it's necessary for cleanliness.

Then there is this: http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcision.o...ent06.html

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post