male circumcision of minors should be a felony

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2017, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2017 07:37 PM by BackSlider.)
RE: male circumcision of minors should be a felony
Yikes!
I think I got the "B" job. No wonder I have such a huge scar.
[Image: circumcision-500px.png?w=500&h=403]

You have to be odd to be #1.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2017, 09:12 AM
JesseB, I absolutely agree that it should be illegal for a parent to choose circumcision for their child without medical necessity. There's nothing wrong with not being circumcised. On a related subject, there is, for some reason, a preference (sexually) that people have on the subject and I just don't understand it. Maybe that's because I'm not cut, and I have no shame in that.

Why do people have a preference? Why do they care?
28-06-2017, 12:38 PM
(28-06-2017 09:12 AM)Emma Wrote:  JesseB, I absolutely agree that it should be illegal for a parent to choose circumcision for their child without medical necessity. There's nothing wrong with not being circumcised. On a related subject, there is, for some reason, a preference (sexually) that people have on the subject and I just don't understand it. Maybe that's because I'm not cut, and I have no shame in that.

Why do people have a preference? Why do they care?

To describe any/all male circumcision as a "felony" is absurd. I was circumcised as a neonatal—as were the majority of my peers in the 1940s. I've never once heard a male of my generation complaining about being circumcised, nor have any sexual or genital complications because of it.

As reported in The Lancet, Anna Giuliano, MD, who chairs the department of cancer epidemiology at H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center in Florida, says that the recent research confirming circumcision’s role in reducing the risk of HIV, HPV (human papilloma virus) and other sexually transmitted diseases are strong arguments in favour of the practice... The female partners of the men [in the study] who remained uncircumcised were more likely than the partners of the circumcised men to be infected with HPV types most often associated with cervical cancer.

I worked with a young bloke of 28 years of age, who developed *paraphimosis; was bed-ridden and catheterised for around three weeks, and when he returned to work, could barely walk. In hindsight, he bemoaned the fact that his parents had not had him circumcised as a baby—so there's two sides to every argument.

* The foreskin, after being pulled back, becomes trapped and then swollen behind the head (glans) of the penis. The swelling can lead to blockage of blood flow to the penis, which can lead to gangrene of the penile shaft and head distal to the welling, and subsequent amputation. Paraphimosis is considered a true medical emergency. Circumcision at birth or revision of a prior circumcision can prevent this condition.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
28-06-2017, 12:49 PM
(28-06-2017 12:38 PM)SYZ Wrote:  * The foreskin, after being pulled back, becomes trapped and then swollen behind the head (glans) of the penis. The swelling can lead to blockage of blood flow to the penis, which can lead to gangrene of the penile shaft and head distal to the welling, and subsequent amputation. Paraphimosis is considered a true medical emergency. Circumcision at birth or revision of a prior circumcision can prevent this condition.

How often does this occur?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

28-06-2017, 01:22 PM
(28-06-2017 12:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(28-06-2017 12:38 PM)SYZ Wrote:  * The foreskin, after being pulled back, becomes trapped...

How often does this occur?

Around 1% of uncircumcised males aged 18+ in the US.

28-06-2017, 01:26 PM
Edit: Delete double post. I was distracted by certain clinical facts LOL.

28-06-2017, 01:29 PM
I sure a glad I don't have to live with all that vulnerable stuff dangling between my legs. Looks like bad design to me. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
28-06-2017, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2017 01:45 PM by Emma.)
SYZ makes some good points. Maybe calling for it to be entirely illegal aside from medical necessity is going too far. I don't know. But it is still a body modification that is forced upon a child that is unable to give consent. I think it's an outdated idea, though.

Maybe even outdated is not right, given that it actually does have some medical benefits.

So SYZ, does that mean you think everyone ought to be circumcised, or just that there shouldn't be any action taken against the practice?
28-06-2017, 02:06 PM
(28-06-2017 01:22 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(28-06-2017 12:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  How often does this occur?

Around 1% of uncircumcised males aged 18+ in the US.

So out of the nearly four million babies born in the last year in the US, and roughly 2 (totally vague guesstimate) million were born male, of those 1% may develop this condition?

I'm not seeing where that's a valid reason for keeping the procedure legal.

The catheter thing doesn't really have much to do with anything to do with this topic. A full on catheter is a tube inserted directly into the bladder. It's going to be painful regardless if the patient is circumcised or not (its no picnic for women either by the way). Both circumcised and uncircumcised can try using the external catheter, but depending on the over all issue it just might not work regardless, leaving the only option as being internal.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-06-2017, 02:28 PM
(28-06-2017 01:29 PM)Dom Wrote:  I sure a glad I don't have to live with all that vulnerable stuff dangling between my legs. Looks like bad design to me. Tongue

I'd be willing to trade.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin