male circumcision of minors should be a felony

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2017, 03:07 PM
RE: male circumcision of minors should be a felony
(28-06-2017 02:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So out of the nearly four million babies born in the last year in the US, and roughly 2 (totally vague guesstimate) million were born male, of those 1% may develop this condition?

I'm not seeing where that's a valid reason for keeping the procedure legal...

Uh... that still amounts to 20,000 males, or seven times the number of neonatals—at the rate of 1 in 700—born with Down Syndrome (as a comparison). Which I'd regard as a significant number.

If people were made aware of this comparative sort of statistic, there'd probably be less calls for circumcision to made illegal, I.E. a lack of parental choice. I'd also doubt that most people would even be aware of paraphimosis of the penis, whereas Down Syndrome is constantly in the public's notice. At the end of the day, they're both unavoidable clinical conditions.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2017, 03:16 PM
(09-07-2017 03:07 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(28-06-2017 02:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So out of the nearly four million babies born in the last year in the US, and roughly 2 (totally vague guesstimate) million were born male, of those 1% may develop this condition?

Uh... that still amounts to 20,000 males, or seven times the number of neonatals—at the rate of 1 in 700—born with Down Syndrome (as a comparison). Which I'd regard as a significant number.

If people were made aware of this comparative sort of statistic, there'd probably be less calls for circumcision to made illegal, I.E. a lack of parental choice. I'd also doubt that most people would even be aware of paraphimosis of the penis, whereas Down Syndrome is constantly in the public's notice. At the end of the day, they're both unavoidable clinical conditions.

I still don't see it as a valid excuse for keeping it legal. I don't also consider it a valid excuse for insisting that a son should be circumcised.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-07-2017, 03:22 PM
(09-07-2017 03:07 PM)SYZ Wrote:  

Paraphimosis was my diagnosis more accurately I had sticky foreskin, had the circ done aged 9 no pain before no pain afterwards no stress full sexual function no hidden dick cheese and no regrets.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
09-07-2017, 04:32 PM
(09-07-2017 03:22 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 03:07 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Uh... that still amounts to 20,000 males, or seven times the number of neonatals—at the rate of 1 in 700—born with Down Syndrome (as a comparison). Which I'd regard as a significant number.

Paraphimosis was my diagnosis more accurately I had sticky foreskin, had the circ done aged 9 no pain before no pain afterwards no stress full sexual function no hidden dick cheese and no regrets.

Most are treated exactly that way.

SYZ is talking more about the men who have allowed this condition to go to a more extreme.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-07-2017, 04:43 PM
(09-07-2017 02:25 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Fucking phone, never lets me finish, Jesse, I honestly don't care, if folks want to gripe about losing a flap of skin that is up to them and if its a big deal for them that's cool croon about it as much as needed but as for shutting down,not even remotely true, I just see it as a massive non event and in no way comparable to FGM, which is my whole point, seeing a bunch of blokes whining about losing their flaps is in no way comparable to FGM. I had it done as a kid and it wasn't traumatic I adapted and was glad in later life I had it done, I doubt I would have felt the same way had I had my dicks head lopped off as per the equivalent for females which is why I keep banging on about a false equivalent. I am circumcised, it wasn't traumatic and I found it to be a non event, I'm more annoyed at being regarded as having mutilated genitals, my dicks as pretty as the next guys. Wink Big Grin

The false equivalence idea has been brought up in this thread before and has been refuted before. No one is comparing the two. Both are wrong on their own individual merits.

This isn't, and shouldn't be a pissing contest of who's got it worse don't ya think?

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
09-07-2017, 05:08 PM
(09-07-2017 04:43 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 02:25 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Fucking phone, never lets me finish, Jesse, I honestly don't care, if folks want to gripe about losing a flap of skin that is up to them and if its a big deal for them that's cool croon about it as much as needed but as for shutting down,not even remotely true, I just see it as a massive non event and in no way comparable to FGM, which is my whole point, seeing a bunch of blokes whining about losing their flaps is in no way comparable to FGM. I had it done as a kid and it wasn't traumatic I adapted and was glad in later life I had it done, I doubt I would have felt the same way had I had my dicks head lopped off as per the equivalent for females which is why I keep banging on about a false equivalent. I am circumcised, it wasn't traumatic and I found it to be a non event, I'm more annoyed at being regarded as having mutilated genitals, my dicks as pretty as the next guys. Wink Big Grin

The false equivalence idea has been brought up in this thread before and has been refuted before. No one is comparing the two. Both are wrong on their own individual merits.

This isn't, and shouldn't be a pissing contest of who's got it worse don't ya think?
Lol, pissing contest Laugh out load I don't think either of us is gonna convince the other somehow but its been interesting chatting to you about it bud. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
09-07-2017, 05:10 PM
(09-07-2017 05:08 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 04:43 PM)JesseB Wrote:  The false equivalence idea has been brought up in this thread before and has been refuted before. No one is comparing the two. Both are wrong on their own individual merits.

Lol, pissing contest Laugh out load I don't think either of us is gonna convince the other somehow but its been interesting chatting to you about it bud. Thumbsup

Agreed, and I giggled like a little kid when I wrote that >.>

It's always nice to see when people notice my odd sense of humor Smile

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
10-07-2017, 02:38 AM
(09-07-2017 05:10 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 05:08 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Lol, pissing contest Laugh out load I don't think either of us is gonna convince the other somehow but its been interesting chatting to you about it bud. Thumbsup

Agreed, and I giggled like a little kid when I wrote that >.>

It's always nice to see when people notice my odd sense of humor Smile

It takes one to know one as they say, my humour is well odd too. It frequently gets me in trouble here. Yes
26-08-2017, 08:06 AM
The only reasons I see that it is still done is that it does take away some sensitivity, so boys are less likely to play with themselves before the age where they become all hormonal and the people that like young boys a little too much think it looks better.
07-10-2017, 01:46 AM
(21-05-2016 11:01 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I don't even think punishable by death is too strong. Mutilating a person's penis without their consent is unjustifiable.

Perhaps.

Still, I don't miss my penis hat. I never got to know the little bugger.

Edit:

Is "foreskin protection" in the NRA platform?

No