• 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2016, 03:19 PM
male circumcision of minors should be a felony
I had my pp cut when I was young.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2016, 03:37 PM
RE: male circumcision of minors should be a felony
(21-05-2016 11:29 AM)Vosur Wrote:  You're absolutely right, but there's no chance legislation like that is going to get passed with (((them))) being opposed to it. We tried that in Germany, it didn't work out so well.

Well that is because society doesn't care about men.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
21-05-2016, 03:51 PM
(21-05-2016 03:37 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 11:29 AM)Vosur Wrote:  You're absolutely right, but there's no chance legislation like that is going to get passed with (((them))) being opposed to it. We tried that in Germany, it didn't work out so well.

Well that is because society doesn't care about men.

Pffft! Even in your world non-gay women have an interest in sex with men.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
21-05-2016, 03:51 PM
"It's easier to clean " argument is bullshit. Here, circumcision is not customary at all. I still have my hoodie.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 4 users Like Slowminded's post
21-05-2016, 04:03 PM
It also adds pleasure during intercourse - because it pulls back and stretches all the skin. Result is that the fit feels a lot tighter...

Lol, I was curious about this when I was young and I interviewed people and conducted tests. (Sex, drugs and rock 'n roll and all that) My European friends were unaltered and my US friends were circumcised.

I came away with the conclusion that no one is doing anyone any favors with circumcision. Non-circumcised it stays cleaner because it's covered, it doesn't ever chafe on things, no lubricant needed for masturbation and pleasure is heightened through increased tightness.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
21-05-2016, 06:03 PM
(21-05-2016 01:26 PM)BnW Wrote:  Is there any evidence that it's actually detrimental?
Nope. There appears to be no recorded evidence of any extreme clinical complications with newborn circumcision, other than surveys which indicate a ~0.2% (or 2 per 1,000) complication rate, which is statistically lower than for any other invasive clinical procedures—including vasectomy (~2.0%) or tubal ligation (~1.0%).

Quote:Also, I don't think it's fair to compare it to female genital mutilation. Cutting off a girl's clitoris so she can't experience pleasure during sex is simply not the same as cutting off the foreskin of the penis.
Again, agreed. The two procedures are vastly different, and also performed for different reasons. Often clitoridectomy also includes the excision of the labia minora, plus the semi-permanent sewing closed of the labia majora, with only a tiny opening left for the passing of urine; after marriage, the vulva is reopened to permit sexual intercourse and childbirth.

As a male born to conservative Christian parents in the 1940s, I was "automatically" circumcised as a newborn baby, as were the vast majority of my cohort of the time. One of the major reason was that the mums of the day wanted their boys to "look like their dads". When I was at school (in Australia) it was virtually impossible to see a young male with a foreskin, and in fact any kids who still had a cheese-wrapper were regarded as an oddity in the changing rooms.

Personally, I've never regretted my parents' decision on that fateful day—although some intact young blokes I know tell me that because I've never had a foreskin, I don't know what I'm missing LOL.

BTW, there are a couple of clinical advantages: There's a lower risk of UTIs in circumcised males; circumcision is linked to a reduced risk of penile human papillomavirus infection; newborn circumcision provides protection from penile cancer (which only occurs in the foreskin); and a reduced risk of cervical cancer for partners of circumcised men.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
21-05-2016, 06:15 PM
(21-05-2016 01:40 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 01:26 PM)BnW Wrote:  Is there any evidence that it's actually detrimental?

Also, I don't think it's fair to compare it to female genital mutilation. Cutting off a girl's clitoris so she can't experience pleasure during sex is simply not the same as cutting off the foreskin of the penis.
Just like clockwork. There's always that one person who shows up when male circumcision is mentioned to try to justify the blatant double standard in the US. Guess what, whether or not it's detrimental is completely irrelevant. The point is that human beings have the right to bodily autonomy and integrity in our society and that male infants have been deprived of these rights for a long time.

It can only be a double standard if the two things are equivalent, and they're not. As a secondary point, I didn't try to justify anything. I didn't really make any comment on the actual topic. I just asked a question and made a comment on the false equivalency of the two things.

As for the argument itself, I'm ambivalent. I think the consent argument falls short as parents decide consent for their children on a host of topics, so I'm not sure why this one is any different. I do find the "do no harm " argument somewhat compelling but the idea it should be a felony, much less a crime, seems a tad extreme.

I was raised Jewish so I admittedly have my own biases on this topic. If my kids have sons and don't get them circumcised they certainly won't hear any complaints from me about it, but I equally won't be upset if they do. I concede, though, that I have not taken a lot of time to consider the "don't do it " position.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
21-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Quote:(Today 02:26 PM)BnW Wrote:
Is there any evidence that it's actually detrimental?

Yeah. In my case, part of my dick is missing.
21-05-2016, 06:35 PM

Yes. Removing tissues with thousands of nerve endings and exposing the skin that it was evolved to protect, thereby desensitizing those nerve endings, causes a loss of sensation.

It is unnecessary surgery that can have serious complications.

Quote:Also, I don't think it's fair to compare it to female genital mutilation. Cutting off a girl's clitoris so she can't experience pleasure during sex is simply not the same as cutting off the foreskin of the penis.

It is comparable in that it reduces sexual pleasure. FGM is obviously more extreme.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
21-05-2016, 06:41 PM
I live in the Dominican Republic and driving thru many neighborhoods one sees the little boys wearing nothing but their t-shirts with their little dick hanging out. None of them have been mutilated. I curse my parents who followed the fad and had my foreskin sliced off. The girls don't run around with that part of their body exposed, but 25 to 40% of the 2 year old boys do. They rant and rave against female genital mutilation, and 2 different books that make a case against female mutilation say that male sex organ mutilation should be mandatory all over the world. Half of the Sky is one of them, don't remember the title of the other.

Part 2
I was married to a Colombian and I asked her if her boys had been cut in that manner, and her response was (this is from an educated woman) that No, Colombia is a Christian country, not Dominated by Jews as the USA is. SHe says that it spread in Europe because for centuries the majority of the doctors were Jews and they did it to their own people and pushed it onto others, pretending it was a health issue. My take on that is why did God put it there if He Himself demanded it be cut off at birth?
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post