male circumcision of minors should be a felony

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2017, 03:48 AM
RE: male circumcision of minors should be a felony
Sure, I agree there can be benefits, but that these must be balanced against the possible risks. I don't think it's viewed as enough of a net positive to be worth the intrusive measure.

Would the baby agree to it, if they fully understood it? I wouldn't.

I also appreciate you're considering all sides Adey Smile

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
11-10-2017, 03:51 AM
(11-10-2017 03:39 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Speaking of alleged "cruelty" to male babies...

A petition from the UK calling for the banning of ear piercing for babies and toddlers has gathered over 30,000 signatures.

[Image: Khuyen-tai-cho-tre-so-sinh-2.jpg]

The petition, launched by one woman, asserts that piercing a female baby’s ears is a form of child cruelty, inflicts severe pain and fear upon infants, and serves no purpose other than to satisfy the parent’s vanity.

Here in Australia, there's no legal minimum age for ear piercing providing you have parent permission—although many practitioners will impose their own, which is usually 6 months. In Queensland, the legislation would suggest that if you're pierced without your agreement, it may amount to an assault, raising the question: How does a baby give her consent? Is this any different to male circumcision?
news.com.au, 12 June 2015.

I agree with this. The child should be able to consent, and that's unreasonable before at least the age of... whatever you like, 10, 12? Certainly not 6 months.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2017, 03:57 AM
(11-10-2017 03:46 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I read it. Regardless of any modern medical knowledge, it does not apply.

Your post reads as if from an apologist.

This is symptomatic of the culture one grows in. One must be aware of culture.

It is only good when mentioned in conversation when the subject is cheese.

How does it not apply ? Are we not living in the time of modern medical knowledge? Someone posted an inaccuracy I corrected the inaccuracy that was ALL. I posted a link to the opposing view point and have tried to be as unambiguous as possible, just so there is no mistake I will say it again. I AM OPPOSED TO CIRCUMCISION ON RELIGIOUS AND NON MEDICAL GROUNDS.
Find all posts by this user
11-10-2017, 04:00 AM
I read your post.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-10-2017, 04:02 AM
(11-10-2017 03:48 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Sure, I agree there can be benefits, but that these must be balanced against the possible risks. I don't think it's viewed as enough of a net positive to be worth the intrusive measure.

Would the baby agree to it, if they fully understood it? I wouldn't.

I also appreciate you're considering all sides Adey Smile
Thanks mate, the subject is a real hot potato so I'm kinda expecting a wall of horror and potential misunderstanding. For non medical reasons and religious reasons its wrong Imo so we are pretty much on the same page.
11-10-2017, 04:04 AM
Adee.

I am often misunderstood here regarding America. Many interpretations differ from the intent.

Your post reads to me, as from an apologist.

Life sucks then you die.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
11-10-2017, 04:11 AM
(11-10-2017 04:04 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Adee.

I am often misunderstood here regarding America. Many interpretations differ from the intent.

Your post reads to me, as from an apologist.

Life sucks then you die.

I tried to be as unambiguous as I could all I said was that male circumcision reduces the risk of HIV infection a fact supported by the World Health Organisation, if that's being an apologist then I guess I am guilty. As your friend and a friend earnest to avoid a falling out would it help if I said that I think there are better ways to avoid HIV than circumcision such as safe sex and condom use ?
11-10-2017, 04:24 AM
(11-10-2017 04:11 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I tried to be as unambiguous as I could all I said was that male circumcision reduces the risk of HIV infection a fact supported by the World Health Organisation, if that's being an apologist then I guess I am guilty.

You dismiss 2000+ years of history. You're an apologist.

That's how it works mate. Friend or no.

Banjo.
11-10-2017, 04:35 AM
(11-10-2017 04:24 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 04:11 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I tried to be as unambiguous as I could all I said was that male circumcision reduces the risk of HIV infection a fact supported by the World Health Organisation, if that's being an apologist then I guess I am guilty.

You dismiss 2000+ years of history. You're an apologist.

That's how it works mate. Friend or no.

Help me out here bud, I'm not understanding how pointing out one piece of modern science and saying I'm categorically opposed to circumcision for religious reasons is dismissive of 2000+ years of history and makes me an apologist, forgive me but what you seem to be saying is unless a person opposes circumcision for any reason whatsoever they are making an apologetic and that's crazy, I mean if my foreskin was strangling the head of my penis and turning it gangrenous I'd want someone to cut off said foreskin, wouldn't you ?
11-10-2017, 04:38 AM
I worked with a bloke who was circumcised for medical necessity—he developed increasing phimosis at age 28 years.

He was off work for around 3 weeks, and said it was like pissing razor blades, perhaps due to a secondary infection. Even when he returned to work, he had to walk... uh... gingerly, shall we say. He said that he wouldn't have wished this on his worst enemy. And it took around another 3 weeks before he felt fully recovered.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.