male circumcision of minors should be a felony

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2017, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2017 11:40 AM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
RE: male circumcision of minors should be a felony
So, now we're just throwing around the word "apologist"? Facepalm

First a few of you accuse Aliza of being an apologist (who wasn't; just explaining) and now Adey (who also wasn't; just explaining something different)..and who knows who else because I stopped reading.

My fucking head hurts, you all need to chill out and have a drink or eat a baby or at least start exchanging recipes for barbecue sauce. Drinking Beverage

(09-10-2017 10:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  Apologist, noun apol·o·gist \ ə-ˈpä-lə-jist \
> a person who makes a defense in speech or writing of a belief, idea, etc.

Thanks Chas for posting the definition, because now I'm seeing it in a whole new light. Sad

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-10-2017, 10:27 AM
@mom

According to Chas definitin, there are ONLY apologists in this thread or, for that matter, on this forum. This makes this definition particularly useless in our context since it can accuratly describe everybody.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
11-10-2017, 10:28 AM
(11-10-2017 10:23 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  Why this particular topic?

Yes, that is the million dollar question.
11-10-2017, 10:40 AM
(11-10-2017 10:25 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, now we're just throwing around the word "apologist"? Facepalm

you all need to chill out and have a drink or eat a baby or at least start exchanging recipes for barbecue sauce. Drinking Beverage

For chicken: 2 cups vinegar, 1 cup oil, 3 tablespoons salt, 1 tablespoon pepper, 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning, 1 egg. Put in through the blender. Brush it on chicken frequently over a charcoal fire. Don't worry if the chicken sometimes catches on fire. This is basically a blackened recipe. My mother's recipe. It is simple and simply can't be improved upon. Smile
[+] 3 users Like Yonadav Kenyon's post
11-10-2017, 10:43 AM
(11-10-2017 10:27 AM)epronovost Wrote:  @mom

According to Chas definitin, there are ONLY apologists in this thread or, for that matter, on this forum. This makes this definition particularly useless in our context since it can accuratly describe everybody.

Completely correct.
11-10-2017, 11:01 AM
(11-10-2017 12:33 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(10-10-2017 05:21 PM)whateverist Wrote:  Yeah, I've got to say I don't get the hysteria over it though. I wouldn't do it but I understand there are others who would and will. Meh, not the end of the world.

I prefer abortion be left up to the choice of the each woman and I know people who strongly disagree. Some anti-abortion folk will do outlandish things to express their opposition. Others are more tolerant. I prefer to be tolerant regarding circumcision.

I can't be tolerant about it just as I can't be tolerant in regard to pro death crowd who want to deny women freedom - in one case we have child robbed of choice and in second women robbed of choice. Why exactly should I be tolerant of one and against another?

I can be tolerant in both situations because we live in a world with other human beings and must find a way to get along. That means picking your battles. I'd prefer to give the boy and the woman their choice but I understand that there are other people who feel very strongly the other way. Neither side has been able to persuade the other and probably never will.

The moral issues cannot be decided since people hold different base values. So this is a political conflict - what shall we do, not what should we do. In such situations I'm in favor of permitting people to decide for themselves. I'm against using force of law to coerce women to forgo an abortion and I am also against using force of law to coerce parents whose culture inclines them to circumcise their boy children. I'm entirely in favor of advocating against circumcision, but I think you get further with calm reasoning than with name calling and shaming.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
[+] 1 user Likes whateverist's post
11-10-2017, 11:04 AM
Male circumcision of minors should be a felony
(11-10-2017 06:11 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Should we be tolerant of FGM? After all it is a religious practice. I am sure the searing pain is similar in either case it is just that it is done to boys before they have the ability to remember anything.

I think that making any comparison between clitoridectomy/excision, and circumcision is totally erroneous. And to believe that circumcision is primarily a "religious" practise is also incorrect. The vast majority of baby-boomer boys were circumcised as neonates because of the alleged clinical benefits—and not for any religious reasons. And many of them will later on have their sons circumcised too, as a matter of course.

Clitoridectomy on the other hand—which is for purely religious or sociocultural reasons—has zero practical or clinical support. Most take place in regions of Asia, the Middle East, and northern and eastern Africa. The procedure can cause severe bleeding and problems urinating, menstrual problems, scar tissue and keloid, vaginosis and other bacterial infections, later psychological problems, as well as complications in childbirth and increased risk of newborn deaths. None of these types of clinical conditions are applicable to circumcision.

And according to Islam there are "medical benefits of female circumcision".

The correct view is that circumcision is obligatory for males and that it is one of the symbols of Islam, and that sihhiyyah (circumcision of women) is mustahabb (recommended) but not obligatory. Female circumcision has not been prescribed for no reason, rather there is wisdom behind it and it brings many benefits...

• Circumcision reduces excessive sensitivity of the clitoris,
• The secretions of the labia minora accumulate in uncircumcised women and turn rancid, which may lead to infections of the vagina,
• It prevents stimulation of the clitoris which makes it grow large in such a manner that it causes pain,
• Circumcision prevents spasms of the clitoris which are a kind of inflammation,
• It takes away excessive libido from women,
• Circumcision reduces the incidence of urinary tract infections.

The female gynaecologist Sitt al-Banaat Khaalid says in an article entitled Khitaan al-Banaat Ru’yah Sihhiyyah (Female circumcision from a health point of view): For us in the Muslim world female circumcision is, above all else, obedience to Islam, which means acting in accordance with the fitrah and following the Sunnah which encourages it.

—And Allaah knows best. [sic ]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
11-10-2017, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2017 11:43 AM by adey67.)
(11-10-2017 09:25 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 09:21 AM)Vera Wrote:  Jesus Christ, how hard is it to get it - it's not about your stupid willy and how much you enjoy your sex life. It's about respecting the bodily autonomy of OTHERS. You wouldn't think that was as hard to grasp as it appears to be for so many. Facepalm

Precisely the point I am trying to make Vera. You all seem ok with male circumcision, but not FGM. In both cases bodily autonomy is violated. I agree the FGM is probably more severe, but allowances are made for religions. I argue that for both boys and girls it should not be allowed until age of reason or for valid medical reasons.

Lack of sleep is causing errors in my cognition nothing to see here move along folks, forget I posted.
11-10-2017, 11:47 AM
(11-10-2017 11:04 AM)SYZ Wrote:  • It takes away excessive libido from women,

WTF?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
11-10-2017, 11:53 AM
Quote:Circumcision reduces excessive sensitivity of the clitoris
As in no orgasms?

Quote: The secretions of the labia minora accumulate in uncircumcised women and turn rancid, which may lead to infections of the vagina,
Turn rancid? Really?

Quote: It prevents stimulation of the clitoris which makes it grow large in such a manner that it causes pain
It doesn't cause fucking pain when it grows big. It feels great!

Quote:Circumcision prevents spasms of the clitoris which are a kind of inflammation
Orgasms are a kind of inflammation? WTF?

Quote: Circumcision reduces the incidence of urinary tract infections.
I don't see how, it's not like the skin of a penis that moves around easily, no foreign bodies accumulate there.

Total bull!!!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post