male circumcision of minors should be a felony

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2016, 09:11 PM
RE: male circumcision of minors should be a felony
(21-05-2016 08:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 08:07 PM)Aliza Wrote:  So as the obvious them being referred to here, I really do think I can appreciate how others view circumcision. I have a clear cultural bias here, but if I replace male circumcision with female genital mutilation, I gain some new perspective.

Your perspective would be enhanced by replacing 'circumcision' with 'male genital mutilation'. Drinking Beverage

I don't think they're the same. My perspective is that circumcision is no big deal, and female genital mutilation is a huge problem.

I would not participate in any effort to curb circumcision, but part of my motive for coming to this forum was to learn how other's think. I can't always do that directly, but by turning this concept around into something I can relate to, I can better understand how some people may feel about my religious practice.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
21-05-2016, 09:25 PM
(21-05-2016 09:11 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 08:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your perspective would be enhanced by replacing 'circumcision' with 'male genital mutilation'. Drinking Beverage

I don't think they're the same. My perspective is that circumcision is no big deal, and female genital mutilation is a huge problem.

I would not participate in any effort to curb circumcision, but part of my motive for coming to this forum was to learn how other's think. I can't always do that directly, but by turning this concept around into something I can relate to, I can better understand how some people may feel about my religious practice.

Circumcision is most definitely not "no big deal". It is genital mutilation and a human rights violation.
Far more males are mutilated than females.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
21-05-2016, 09:27 PM
(21-05-2016 07:35 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You can't make this stuff up.

Given that everything you said after that had fuck all to do with any statement I made, you obviously can.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
21-05-2016, 09:29 PM
(21-05-2016 09:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 09:11 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I don't think they're the same. My perspective is that circumcision is no big deal, and female genital mutilation is a huge problem.

Circumcision is most definitely not "no big deal". It is genital mutilation and a human rights violation.

Right, so I can understand a little bit more how other people view things by trying to relate. I want to see things from another person's perspective because this helps me learn and grow. ....it's why I came to this forum.

I don't see where the disconnect is.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
21-05-2016, 09:42 PM
(21-05-2016 09:27 PM)BnW Wrote:  Given that everything you said after that had fuck all to do with any statement I made, you obviously can.

(21-05-2016 06:15 PM)BnW Wrote:  It can only be a double standard if the two things are equivalent, and they're not.

(21-05-2016 07:35 PM)Vosur Wrote:  The double standard is that female infants are granted the right to bodily integrity while male infants are not. The extent to which this right is violated is, again, completely irrelevant because the law forbids any and all female circumcision methods, even those that are equally or less severe than their male counterparts.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
21-05-2016, 10:23 PM
(21-05-2016 02:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 01:50 PM)Dom Wrote:  The cleanliness was certainly not the reason this whole thing started - it was because the foreskin makes masturbation so much easier and more pleasurable. Naughty, naughty and sinful.

I just figured it was a woman's idea to densensitive a man's penis so he could last longer than 10 seconds.

Lol!
21-05-2016, 11:45 PM
Moved thread to the coliseum because it didn't really belong in the coffeehouse and was a debatable subject.

[Image: giphy.gif]
21-05-2016, 11:48 PM
(21-05-2016 09:29 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 09:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  Circumcision is most definitely not "no big deal". It is genital mutilation and a human rights violation.

Right, so I can understand a little bit more how other people view things by trying to relate. I want to see things from another person's perspective because this helps me learn and grow. ....it's why I came to this forum.

I don't see where the disconnect is.

I don't know... I was really just trying to understand and relate. Dodgy
21-05-2016, 11:59 PM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2016 12:04 AM by Metazoa Zeke.)
(21-05-2016 03:51 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 03:37 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well that is because society doesn't care about men.

Pffft! Even in your world non-gay women have an interest in sex with men.

I just got it, sorry. Also sure society doesn't care about men, I mean you are still wondering if circumcision is bad or not for men.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
22-05-2016, 01:20 AM
(21-05-2016 06:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  It is unnecessary surgery that can have serious complications.

According to a report in the 2012 Scientific World Journal circumcision is "a relatively safe procedure with a low overall complication rate. Most complications are minor and can be managed easily..." and "Severe complications are quite rare...".

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.