male circumcision of minors should be a felony

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2016, 09:39 AM
RE: male circumcision of minors should be a felony
(22-05-2016 09:06 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  My frustration with the whole thing is that my parents had mine cut, of course, and I like it. I'm glad they did.
Of course you'd say that. Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
22-05-2016, 09:42 AM
(22-05-2016 09:34 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(22-05-2016 08:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  So you agree with "my body, my decision" ?

Yeah, if I agree woman have that right why wouldn't I for men?

Good. Gender equality. Body autonomy needs to apply to everyone.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
22-05-2016, 09:43 AM
(22-05-2016 09:06 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  My frustration with the whole thing is that my parents had mine cut, of course, and I like it. I'm glad they did.

Yeah, I always could have had it done when I was an adult if I wanted, but fuck that. No

Much better that it was done when it was.

Of course you like it, it's all you know and obviously there's nothing wrong with yours. However, sometimes things do go wrong and sometimes it can be fix and sometimes not. That's not the issue. The issue is "necessity vs not".

Guys who have never been cut like theirs too, for the most part unless there's something wrong with it and they have to get circumcised to correct that issue. But you'll never know if you like it better uncut, you'll never know what you are or may be missing in sensation. You can't say it's better because you just can't know that.

Necessary vs unnecessary modification on non-adults applies to a lot of things.
Do you approve of these unnecessary body modifications:

female circumcision
breast augmentation in teen girls (do you approve of this for 58% of girls like people approve of circumcision)
tattoos for toddlers, juveniles, teens or any non-adults
branding (another permanent body modification)
penis splitting (I won't show you a pic because it's far more gross to see than to imagine)
pierced ears in babies/toddlers (personally, I hate even this, a baby/toddler is beautiful just as it is, it fucking doesn't need jewelry, sorry - pet peeve alert)

I think what most people are saying that's it's not okay anymore (previous decisions not withstanding) to do unnecessary body modifications on children who cannot consent. It was a fad that was originally started by religious control and should no longer be an acceptable choice, "just because everyone else has one".

Now, no one is purposely trying to make you in particular feel guilty for what you may have decided in the past but if that bothers you then examine why that is and come to your own decision. Or.... you can just go along with the other sheep and let someone else make your decisions for you. (yes it sounds xtian-like for a reason)

All I'm personally asking to anyone making that decision for a child is, "why do the unnecessary?" And don't tell me, tell yourself.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 6 users Like Heatheness's post
22-05-2016, 10:33 AM
Yeah, yeah. This exact conversation has been had before, on this forum, many times over. I don't feel like having it again, not sure what I was thinking posting here in the first place, except to express my disagreement with those who want to make a fucking capital case of it.

Your points are all valid and I agree with them and respect them. Peace.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
22-05-2016, 10:36 AM
(22-05-2016 10:33 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Peace.

Always! Heart

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
22-05-2016, 10:36 AM
(22-05-2016 09:42 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(22-05-2016 09:34 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Yeah, if I agree woman have that right why wouldn't I for men?

Good. Gender equality. Body autonomy needs to apply to everyone.

Glad we can finally get along Tongue

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
22-05-2016, 10:41 AM
Quote:capital case

Is it a capital case if I cut off part of your body that doesn't grow back against your will? You can even decide what you want to lose. Little toe? Pinkie? Kidney? Testicle? What's acceptable for you to part with?
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
22-05-2016, 10:43 AM
(22-05-2016 10:36 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(22-05-2016 09:42 AM)Dom Wrote:  Good. Gender equality. Body autonomy needs to apply to everyone.

Glad we can finally get along Tongue

Actually, we have all along. I just didn't think you'd see it - that we actually want the same things.

22-05-2016, 10:46 AM
(22-05-2016 10:43 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(22-05-2016 10:36 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Glad we can finally get along Tongue

Actually, we have all along. I just didn't think you'd see it - that we actually want the same things.

Guess different paths, same goal.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
22-05-2016, 10:47 AM
(22-05-2016 10:41 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
Quote:capital case

Is it a capital case if I cut off part of your body that doesn't grow back against your will? You can even decide what you want to lose. Little toe? Pinkie? Kidney? Testicle? What's acceptable for you to part with?

I get it, calm the fuck down sweetheart. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco