male tomboy????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2014, 05:50 PM
RE: male tomboy????
(28-07-2014 04:55 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(28-07-2014 04:43 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  And the people who use it in that fashion are bigots. I think kunoxian is looking for something more PC

Well, AMERICANsociety in general looks down upon feminine males, so you're only going to find slurs or obscure scientific terms.

Fixed, other than that many countries don't give a fuck about transvestites. I surly don't, who said if a man likes nail polish and dresses he can't be cool.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
28-07-2014, 05:52 PM
(28-07-2014 05:50 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(28-07-2014 04:55 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Well, AMERICANsociety in general looks down upon feminine males, so you're only going to find slurs or obscure scientific terms.

Fixed, other than that many countries don't give a fuck about transvestites. I surly don't, who said if a man likes nail polish and dresses he can't be cool.

And Islamic societies, and internet societies, and totalitarian societies...

Truth seeker.
[+] 1 user Likes diddo97's post
28-07-2014, 05:54 PM
this s so true but it will eventually be solved with the number of people incressing

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
28-07-2014, 05:55 PM
(28-07-2014 04:55 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(28-07-2014 04:43 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  And the people who use it in that fashion are bigots. I think kunoxian is looking for something more PC

Well, society in general looks down upon feminine males, so you're only going to find slurs or obscure scientific terms.

Sadly, yeah, society is full of slurs. It doesn't mean a person should only be limited to slurs popularized by society.

As for the original question, I typically think the male "tomboy" is "feminine man." Kind of wish we had a fun word for it like, pfft, I don't know, "sallygirl." Also makes me wonder what the origin of "tomboy" is.

[Image: notagain.gif]
28-07-2014, 05:59 PM
The Grammarphobia Blog
Who put the “tom” in “tomboy”?
SEPTEMBER 20TH, 2006
Q: What is the etymology and history of the word tomboy?

A: According to the Barnhart Concise Dictionary of Etymology, the noun “tomboy” (formed by joining the male name Tom and the word “boy”) was coined sometime before 1553, and meant a boy who was rude or boisterous. The Oxford Dictionary of Etymology says it was related to the terms “tom-fool” (a buffoon) and later “tomfoolery.” And according to the Ayto Dictionary of Word Origins, since “Thomas” was the archetypal male name, the word “tom” was often used in the 16th century to indicate maleness (hence “tomcat”) and male aggression.

In 1579 the word “tomboy” was applied to a bold or immodest woman. By 1592 it was applied to a girl who acted like a spirited or boisterous boy, and that’s been its meaning ever since.

http://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2006/0...omboy.html

so glad miss Suzanne is back Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
28-07-2014, 06:17 PM
(26-07-2014 02:10 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I've got a dumb question. why is there no male equivalent to tomboy. I know of few words to describe a man who is feminent but still badass in a sports or tuff kind of way. It just seems troubling to me that a guy can nit be considered a tomgirl at least without being considered a sissy... ypur thougfht on this please.

p.s. I consider myself a male tomboy lol.

I have a girlfriend that says she's a gay man in a girl's body. Shocking

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-07-2014, 06:19 PM
(28-07-2014 06:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-07-2014 02:10 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I've got a dumb question. why is there no male equivalent to tomboy. I know of few words to describe a man who is feminent but still badass in a sports or tuff kind of way. It just seems troubling to me that a guy can nit be considered a tomgirl at least without being considered a sissy... ypur thougfht on this please.

I think I need a diagram to work that out in my head. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
28-07-2014, 06:38 PM

So she's a black woman then?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
28-07-2014, 06:51 PM
(28-07-2014 05:59 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  The Grammarphobia Blog
Who put the “tom” in “tomboy”?
SEPTEMBER 20TH, 2006
Q: What is the etymology and history of the word tomboy?

A: According to the Barnhart Concise Dictionary of Etymology, the noun “tomboy” (formed by joining the male name Tom and the word “boy”) was coined sometime before 1553, and meant a boy who was rude or boisterous. The Oxford Dictionary of Etymology says it was related to the terms “tom-fool” (a buffoon) and later “tomfoolery.” And according to the Ayto Dictionary of Word Origins, since “Thomas” was the archetypal male name, the word “tom” was often used in the 16th century to indicate maleness (hence “tomcat”) and male aggression.

In 1579 the word “tomboy” was applied to a bold or immodest woman. By 1592 it was applied to a girl who acted like a spirited or boisterous boy, and that’s been its meaning ever since.

http://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2006/0...omboy.html

so glad miss Suzanne is back Big Grin

Huh, suddenly "tomboy" makes so much sense now! Good ol' Etymology! It just makes it a tad bit harder to think of a good equivalent seeing the history behind "tomboy." Clearly "sallygirl" will no longer cut it!

Glad to be back Big Grin You guys are too cool for school!

I'd attempt at something funny but I had a college friend like that so I guess my brain won't let me think of something. He was in a woman's body but felt like he was a man attracted to men. Got his name changed, got his boobs removed, and haven't heard from him since to see if he's gotten anything else changed.

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
28-07-2014, 07:53 PM
(28-07-2014 05:52 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(28-07-2014 05:50 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Fixed, other than that many countries don't give a fuck about transvestites. I surly don't, who said if a man likes nail polish and dresses he can't be cool.

And Islamic societies, and internet societies, and totalitarian societies...

Internet societies? Tell that to rule 34Tongue

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube