I'm all for it in public places. Private places is another matter

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
16-11-2015, 07:35 AM
RE: mass surveillance
(16-11-2015 07:25 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  I'm all for it in public places. Private places is another matter

NO MASS SURVEILLANCE OF PRIVATE PARTS! WE DEMAND JUSTICE!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-11-2015, 10:22 AM
We have been under surveillance for a long time, even prior to September 11th. I'll give a personal experience example. Some years back before September 11th (I don't quite remember when), I was in my office when I got a call from a local FBI agent who wanted to know if I knew anything about a particular compound, that they had been picking up communications about it and wanted to know if this was the next big thing kids were going to be getting high on or was there something else up with this compound. I asked, if there were some numbers in front of the name and the agent said yes 3,3' and asked if that was important. I said, it indicated the connectivity and that most likely it is made from formaldehyde, indole and acid. I told the agent that I would search the chemical literature to see if I found anything on it, I didn't find anything nefarious about it and reported that back. Two years later, I was part of a panel reviewing cancer proposals and there was that compound, it had been recently discovered that it inhibited an enzyme that could be a potential cancer target. So, the FBI had more than likely picked up communications between the researchers collaborating on this project. So, we have been under surveillance since prior September 11th.
17-11-2015, 10:53 AM
Public places, fine.

But stay the fuck out of my personal life.Angry

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post