maybe I am to consistent for my own good....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2017, 04:33 PM
maybe I am to consistent for my own good....
every year about this time I go hunting down books.. next will ether be a bunch of show watching and then writing last month I bot nail polish to my dads dismay last month. this cycle happens every year. I get into the same things at very similar times. not as regularly as a year but I can time my up tic in any given interest of mine to a yearly this is what i will be doing now. the problem is I never finish anything. so I got two questions. any advice of what I should do to fix this and how to be consistent to the point of finishing things. no literally, I did this exact pattern year after year not sure when it started but it's a literal thing.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2017, 06:44 AM
RE: maybe I am to consistent for my own good....
(27-10-2017 04:33 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  ...I got two questions. any advice of what I should do to fix this and how to be consistent to the point of finishing things. no literally, I did this exact pattern year after year not sure when it started but it's a literal thing.

Unfortunately, I follow a similar annual pattern to yours. In my case I think it's seasonal—I tend to "hibernate" in the colder winter months, then when spring arrives I get all keen to do something during the warmer days, around the house and garden or whatever. Then when summer hits in late December with its 35ºC+ days I curl up indoors in front of the air-conditioner. I'm one of those people who dislikes winter, but absolutely detests summer. Never happy LOL.

And like you, I have a problem with finishing stuff I started earlier on when I was all hot to trot. I've got a garage filled with half-completed projects, all gathering dust, some for years. And I inevitably say to myself "Yeah, one day I'll get back to finishing that off"..... but never do.

From your perspective, I wouldn't be overly concerned at periodically starting stuff, but then losing interest in finishing it off. It is what it is. If down the track you do get back to it, all's well and good, but I'd definitely not sweat this sort of stuff. I've got a half-finished model boat I started 40 years ago, and every couple of years I dust it off and think..... hmmmm?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
28-10-2017, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2017 08:35 AM by kunoxian drive.)
just one question... do you have seasonal affective disorder.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
29-10-2017, 08:01 AM
(28-10-2017 08:20 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  just one question... do you have seasonal affective disorder.

I've not been diagnosed with SAD, but I've suffered from depression, generalised anxiety, and anhedonia for more than a decade. My winter hibernation is more of a lack of purely physical motivation—rather than any sense of wet-weather, grey skies bleakness.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
29-10-2017, 09:21 AM
I hibernate also. It's a natural human thing for many, humans have been acting according to the seasons forever.

I had SAD, finally realized that's what it was. Then, unrelated, my doc pointed out that I had a vitamin D3 deficiency. (the sun vitamin, despite my spending much time in the sun, seasonally.) I have been taking a vitamin D3 supplement for a couple of years now and - no SAD.

Worth a shot if you have SAD!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man