maybe I'm just uptight.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2010, 09:42 PM

maybe I'm just uptight.
Ok folks, here's something I saw as a status update on facebook over a month ago and it itched at me since, so I thought I'd go hunt it down, share and see if anyone feels the same way I do about it.
The status is as follows:

Without God our week would be: Sinday, Mournday, Tearsday, Wasteday, Thirstday, Fightday, and Shatterday... Seven days without God makes one weak.

Ok. see, this I find to be offensive on many levels, the first being the basic self-righteous assumption of it. So basically what the woman who posted it is saying that WE, as Atheists, are doomed to a unfulfilling life full of mourning and sadness because we have made the concious decision to live a life without false promise and lies of eternal peace or damnation after we die? I'm an atheist. I believe in my heart that I am a good man. I treat people the way I want to be treated. I respect people. I dont judge people based on their religious views, social status, political views, salary, race, etc,etc. I dont harbor hatred. I absoloutly do NOT "waste" my days and I live my life to the fullest. I beleive in Truth, Love, Laughter, Happiness.

I think the post and the person who wrote it was incredibly judgemental and offensive. I cant understand how someone could feel justified in saying something like that, but then also feel justified in feeling offended or disgusted when we denounce religion to THEIR faces. It all seems so hypocritical to me, not to mention immature. It's clear to me that this is a tunnel-vision christian.. without a doubt the very worst kind.

anyway, I'm not the best at getting my thoughts into words the way some of you are, so thanks for reading and I hope this made sense.
Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2010, 10:15 PM

RE: maybe I'm just uptight.
Well said. That's another thing widely believed there: No god = no moral guides. If there's no god, why be humane? What moral grounds could we possibly have? Of course all of this comes from the delusion that god gave us "laws" to live by. All bullshit, clearly. And the ten commandments (really, "COMMANDments") are so full of crap.

Pardon the strong language.
20-02-2010, 08:32 AM
The same is happening here, but in the "Jewish" version. The orthudox have the "perfect" example for that- Our, the secular Jewish (and who's talking about non-jewish), cart is empty and their cart is full with values.....this is the result of the well done machine of brainwashing. The religious really think they are better, and their values (I doubt they even have values which fits to the 21st centuray) are better because god told them so.

when I see or hear about things like that (and in Israel you hear A LOT of things like that by the religious Kneset members and Rabbis) I just laugh. At least, we have equality and freedom of choice- both things they can't even say they want to have.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2010, 12:58 PM

Funny, but this is what the new video is about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCovYF51qHE
21-02-2010, 03:32 PM
I use to be offended by that stuff, but when you start noticing that sort of stuff, you realize it is everywhere. I've come to begrudgingly admit that people can believe whatever they want, even if it's that atheists waste their lives. I will reserve my right to try to correct this horrifically wrong thought pattern, but getting upset wont help much.

But getting the core of the issue, it is sad that the "God equals good, and so not god equals not good" idea still exists.

But I still find humor in that update. Sinday, The day Christians must admit they are horrible and sinful people. Mournday, the day Christians have to lie to themselves that their loved on are in a better place when mourning. Tearsday, the day Christians shed tears that the world is updating itself, and shedding its primitive ways. Wasteday, the day Christians waste their lives trying to get into a place that doesn't exist. Thirstday, the day that Christians have to deny their thirst for happiness to please an imaginary man. Fightday, the day Christians have to go out and fight to spread their delusions. And Shatterday, they day Christians have their hearts shattered when they realized that they went through this entire week of misery for no reason.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply