measuring tapes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2015, 05:56 PM
RE: measuring tapes
(25-09-2015 05:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I gotz something cooler than measuring tapes...I have a couple of these that belonged to my grandfather, who was a master carpenter in Germany before he came to the US.

[Image: vintage-fold-up-ruler-17808082.jpg]

I think that's what everyone used before retractable measuring tapes were invented. They last for ever. The retractable ones that coil up last a couple of years, tops.

Sorry about my silly thread about measuring tapes. It's kinda dumb now that I think about it. Dodgy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2015, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2015 06:03 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(25-09-2015 05:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 05:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm sure you are, but not on metaphysics. Your views are childlike.
124 IQ while stoned and distracted doesn't seem to childlike to me. Just my opinion though I guess.

buahahahahahahahahahahhaahaaaa I won't...even...respond. Well, I will only say, anyone who states their IQ is only showing their ineptitude to debate others. Whenever you think you are smarter than everyone else, someone is able to make you feel less intelligent.

Your inability to articulate, substantiate and validate your worldview shows us all we need to know about your "intelligence". Are you sure you finished high school? Add about 40 points there pops, and you may be in the same playing field as I am some day...and I have the certificate on my wall to prove it, but who gives a fuck? it is only a test, not an indication of the ability to use the IQ points, or comprehend the real world around you. Afterall, you believe in child like fairy tales...how smart could you be?

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
25-09-2015, 05:59 PM
(25-09-2015 05:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 05:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You are a fool. I got my BSCS for a total cost of $4500. And my employer paid for my MSCS. You do not want to compare W2 cock sizes with me. My salary difference between having and not having a "higher education" is $100K/year.
And to your pathetic existence that's what it's all about. Poor bastard.

Nope. That's not what it's all about. Being able to cover personal finances just means one less stressor I have to worry about. I got enough. I don't need more. I follow the Golden Rule. Jesus was a communist and that fact seems totally foreign to you. I don't think you're a Christian.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-09-2015, 05:59 PM
(25-09-2015 05:57 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 05:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  124 IQ while stoned and distracted doesn't seem to childlike to me. Just my opinion though I guess.

buahahahahahahahahahahhaahaaaa I won't...even...respond. Well, I will only say, anyone who states their IQ is only showing their ineptitude to debate others. It is only a test, and when I qualified for MENSA The High IQ Society in 2012 I proudly put the certificate on my wall, then immediately felt like an elitist dick for having taken the test in the first place. Because in the end, who gives a fuck? I only referred to my "who gives a shit" results and certificate because I wanted you to know that whenever you think you are smarter than everyone else, someone is able to make you less intelligent.

Your inability to articulate, substantiate and validate your worldview shows us all we need to know about your "intelligence". Are you sure you finished high school?
Never claimed to be smarter than anyone else. Just saying I'm not dumb.
[+] 2 users Like popsthebuilder's post
25-09-2015, 06:03 PM
(25-09-2015 05:59 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 05:57 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  buahahahahahahahahahahhaahaaaa I won't...even...respond. Well, I will only say, anyone who states their IQ is only showing their ineptitude to debate others. It is only a test, and when I qualified for MENSA The High IQ Society in 2012 I proudly put the certificate on my wall, then immediately felt like an elitist dick for having taken the test in the first place. Because in the end, who gives a fuck? I only referred to my "who gives a shit" results and certificate because I wanted you to know that whenever you think you are smarter than everyone else, someone is able to make you less intelligent.

Your inability to articulate, substantiate and validate your worldview shows us all we need to know about your "intelligence". Are you sure you finished high school?
Never claimed to be smarter than anyone else. Just saying I'm not dumb.

Fair enough Smile

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
25-09-2015, 06:07 PM
Back on topic

[Image: 1430wts.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
25-09-2015, 06:08 PM
(25-09-2015 05:56 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 05:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I gotz something cooler than measuring tapes...I have a couple of these that belonged to my grandfather, who was a master carpenter in Germany before he came to the US.

I think that's what everyone used before retractable measuring tapes were invented. They last for ever. The retractable ones that coil up last a couple of years, tops.

Sorry about my silly thread about measuring tapes. It's kinda dumb now that I think about it. Dodgy

Hmmm, I have several (kept mislaying the things), and some are a couple decades old. Probably because they were lost. Facepalm
25-09-2015, 06:17 PM
(25-09-2015 05:59 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Never claimed to be smarter than anyone else. Just saying I'm not dumb.

You are most certainly not dumb. Metaphysically naive, but not dumb.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
25-09-2015, 07:12 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2015 07:32 PM by Siz.)
(25-09-2015 05:56 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

Now this is my kinda thread! I own an architectural survey practice and these rods are the most imortant tool in the box:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3epdTK2lAzCmclRy1M3V...WUpAhJo6Fw]
Retractable tape measure? I think I have one in the office somewhere...

We have a couple of these:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSe9jFVNgTY4pwocOYnA9U...Qh1sUhLo-g]

A few of these:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTa4L1jIZzXwKeEg6qWwV...y4FTWGsG_w]

Six of these:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlQawQ4LNrQIUMhVkKwgx...8gXHPLaZM4]

One of these:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTCZZXRay4jtl-G2Qo1bp...qE84RpaHSw]

And sometimes hire in one of these:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQarEof2ZRHKuFU8hZJSVF...wgLakLNdvw]
Yeah, Laser scanners, baby! A million points per second producing a 3d point cloud to construct a building survey.
Here's one of mine:
[Image: HouseScan.jpg]

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton Lavey
If god had meant us to believe in him he would've existed - Linda Smith
[+] 2 users Like Siz's post
25-09-2015, 07:32 PM
(25-09-2015 07:12 PM)Siz Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 05:56 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I think that's what everyone used before retractable measuring tapes were invented. They last for ever. The retractable ones that coil up last a couple of years, tops.

Now this is my kinda thread. I own an architectural survey practice and these rods are the most imortant tool in the box:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3epdTK2lAzCmclRy1M3V...WUpAhJo6Fw]
Retractable tape measure? I think I have one in the office somewhere...

We have a couple of these:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSe9jFVNgTY4pwocOYnA9U...Qh1sUhLo-g]

A few of these:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTa4L1jIZzXwKeEg6qWwV...y4FTWGsG_w]

Six of these:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlQawQ4LNrQIUMhVkKwgx...8gXHPLaZM4]

One of these:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTCZZXRay4jtl-G2Qo1bp...qE84RpaHSw]

And sometimes hire in one of these:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQarEof2ZRHKuFU8hZJSVF...wgLakLNdvw]
Yeah, Laser scanners, baby! A million points per second producing a 3d point cloud to construct a building survey.
Here's one of mine:
[Image: HouseScan.jpg]

What exactly does the one on the bottom measure? They look like speakers.Tongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.