medical experimentation ethics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2012, 07:15 AM
RE: medical experimentation ethics
(05-09-2012 01:14 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-09-2012 03:04 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Why don't people who live in the west of the U.S move? We stole it and murdered Native Americans to get it.

I'll answer it.

Under that logic then most of the world would have to move.
I mean look at a map from say 900years ago, Europe would be almost unrecognizable. In particular around Poland, Denmark, Spain (half of which is Islamic at this point).
Fast forward and the Holy Roman Empire is broken up into a thousand pieces etc... etc..

The point is that land is fought over, won and lost, that is just how the world works.
One day a bit of land belongs to the Manchu the next it belongs to the Ming Dynasty.
One day land belongs to Tepanec people the next it belongs to the Aztecs the next it belongs to the Spanish, the next it belongs to Mexico. Or how about Texas, one day it belongs to native tribes, next it belongs to the Spanish, then the Mexicans, then independence (???), then nek minute it's a state in the United States, then nek minute it's a a state in the Confederate, then nek minute it's back in the US, I mean make up your mind Texas!

Now apply the non-logic I provided to scientific discoveries where someone suffered.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2012, 11:08 PM
I know we are talking about WWII nazi experiments, however we also use knowledge gained through all the work done when tuberculosis was running rampant. Many of the practices back then were equally grotesque and barbaric. We should use knowledge gained even when the ways it was attained, as long as we have since changed our ways.
17-09-2012, 11:19 PM
(04-09-2012 03:04 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Why don't people who live in the west of the U.S move? We stole it and murdered Native Americans to get it.

Just like they did to the peoples they found when they got there. H Sapiens has been doing that for about 200,000 years.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-09-2012, 04:19 PM
(17-09-2012 11:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Just like they did to the peoples they found when they got there. H Sapiens has been doing that for about 200,000 years.

Now apply the non-logic you quoted and apply it to the OP's query.
He's not arguing against performing the experiments, he is questioning the ethics of using the data collected from the experiments.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab