melee weapons. enthusiasts optional.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2016, 08:54 AM
Do you own (or wish that you owned) some melee weapons? If so, this is a thread for you!

I'm thinking of getting a hammer. I thought about a tomahawk, but I decided that (if necessary) I'd rather shatter bones than just break them.

[Image: single-hand-war-hammer-simple-version_2.jpg]

Something like this, but maybe with a slightly larger/heavier head (not too much heavier, I'd still need to wield the damn thing).

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
26-10-2016, 09:24 AM
RE: melee weapons. enthusiasts optional.
I have a copper dead blow hammer sort of like this one (mine's all beat up). I call it Mjolnir. Mine has a five pound head.

[Image: jaboK4T.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
26-10-2016, 09:36 AM

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
26-10-2016, 09:56 AM
(26-10-2016 08:54 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Do you own (or wish that you owned) some melee weapons? If so, this is a thread for you!

I'm thinking of getting a hammer. I thought about a tomahawk, but I decided that (if necessary) I'd rather shatter bones than just break them.

[Image: single-hand-war-hammer-simple-version_2.jpg]

Something like this, but maybe with a slightly larger/heavier head (not too much heavier, I'd still need to wield the damn thing).

I have two tomahawks I carry depending on the situation.

The lighter of the two, a fairly common and inexpensive hawk from Browning, which I can strap to my belt, LBV or IOTV or any other MOLLE vest, is like what you were referring to. Not enough weight to crush, but still a bit more stopping power than a knife, and I do keep it razor sharp. Despite it's light weight, it's damn near indestructible.
[Image: cq5dam.web.835.835.jpeg]

The one I prefer to carry, though it's a bit larger so I prefer to attach it to my assault pack, keep it in my rucksack, or even stash it in the vehicle as either a backup breach or emergency extraction tool, is the much pricier Eagle Talon from RMJ tactical. This one is a beast. Every bit as much crushing power as a hammer, and with both the head and the spike sharpened and with a design that allows it to effectively can opener through even fairly rugged doors. I can get through most wooden doors in a matter of seconds, or heavier reinforced doors and jammed car doors in about 20 to 30 seconds with this thing and, though a bit cumbersome for long patrols, it's nonetheless much more convenient than carrying around a full sized breaching axe like firefighters might use.
[Image: RMJ_Talon_03__31576.1431981758.380.380.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
26-10-2016, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2016 11:37 AM by houseofcantor.)
[Image: craftsman-folding-utility-knife-box-cutt...7f91c6.jpg]

80th Anniversary Edition Craftsman Box Cutter. Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
26-10-2016, 10:04 AM
As for my knife, I'm not into big Rambo knives or even more Asian style blades like some of the guys in my unit.

I carry a KA-BAR TDI with a custom kydex sheath (not the one shown in this picture). It's light, very quick to draw and put into action, ideally angled for fast slashes in a clench type situation where I'm trying to create distance to get to my firearm, and also secure enough that I can use it as a climbing knife. Quite ideal for what we do.

[Image: 1480_16-Product-Catalog-Image.png]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
26-10-2016, 11:05 AM

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
26-10-2016, 11:18 AM
(26-10-2016 11:05 AM)bemore Wrote:  

Big fuck off shiny blades lol. Personally I prefer darkened non reflective blades. Easier to sneak up on the clowns Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
26-10-2016, 11:23 AM
Soon as I finish putting together my Batgirl costume, I'll have the only weapon I'll need.

[Image: tumblr_nurueqsQjJ1rxm369o1_500.png]

[Image: jhgjhgjh.png?w=210&h=445&crop=1]

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
Albert Camus
[+] 2 users Like thesummerqueen's post
26-10-2016, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2016 12:08 PM by Szuchow.)
I own saber. Looks like one on the picture, though obviously isn't new.

[Image: kopia-polska-szabla-ulan_2607.jpg]

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post