membership count

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2013, 09:13 AM
membership count
Just a curiosity question, I was wondering about the huge increase in members lately and wondered if the membership increases the closer we get to Christmas?

Is there a peak month/week historically that members arrive at TTA?

pray in one hand and spit in the other, see which hand fills up first.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2013, 09:32 AM
RE: membership count
(24-12-2013 09:13 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Just a curiosity question, I was wondering about the huge increase in members lately and wondered if the membership increases the closer we get to Christmas?

Is there a peak month/week historically that members arrive at TTA?

Hmmm, good question.

According to a certain member, the forum was dying and it was directly related to having a derpy theist as an admin.

All kidding aside, I talked with the guys from AF, and they confirmed what I thought as well. They're getting an increase in members and it happens around the holidays. It seems to be a common trend. People are off for the holidays... looking to pass the time... Christians get reminded about church and then want to try and "save" people via Internet forums.

You see the same type of increase during the summer months as well.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
24-12-2013, 09:54 AM
I was just thinking that starting around Halloween the talking about heaven/hell, god/atheist starts and by the time Christmas rolls around anyone who was a fence sitter (or in the closet, or just fed up) has had heard enough preaching they start looking around for places like this.

pray in one hand and spit in the other, see which hand fills up first.
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
24-12-2013, 10:06 AM
I wonder if there's any correlation to loss of faith and depression at christmas? All good questions, Bows.

Drinking Beverage

"Presumably man with hair on fire can be used to cook eggs and bacon..."MorondogLaugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
24-12-2013, 10:12 AM
I don't know if it's mostly due to Christians coming to proselytize. Most of the people I've seen coming are here as non-believers, with a few theists thrown in.

24-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Tis' the season for the reason! Cool

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post