mental health and music

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2014, 06:27 PM
mental health and music
This is what I've been slow to realize- mental health and judgement is often impaired by letting in mainstream or other music into the ears and brain and mind. Something can be 99 percent good and one percent poison and that can make it deadly or debilitating. I don't mean to sound like an extremist or fanatic when I say that but you have to be very careful of your influences, what you pour in the common pool. Music, especially mainstream music, can be distracting, diverting and destructive and its singers are delusional, while they sing a catchy tune. The pied piper sings what the payer demands, and who owns the radio stations? yet the pied piper can be the original seducer (in the negative sense).

So just don't listen? Well that's my problem- I just want to educate, but sometimes it's impossible to not listen- as when in public places, so just be conscious.

It can be pacifying, distracting, or sow wrongful ideas or impressions in one's mind. Music can also be healing and restorative and inspiring I've found, and as medicine it depends on the timing and the individual. Metallica has been strengthening to me at times, when it was needed. Pachelbel's Canan is renowned for its beauty and harmony and it can heal. Hate- I hate that which is dangerous and destructive. I'm thinking as I write this post about modern pop music, and especially modern love music- how dysfunctional it seems to me and sows ideas of love that are patently false as I understand them. Too many awesome respectable men pining after women- or playing the part of the woman! That's not natural! I mean equality is not even the modern state for many men- they are emotionally inferior because they have been made that way. Equality is erotic. Submissive from the get go as a man, and not only that but pining and desperate, is not. They need to break away but that's fine; what I think is unwise is playing such music and holding it up as a standard. No matter if it blares trumpets beautifully (don't pull your love out from me baby). I'm talking about pining and also idealizing. This is the music of boys. Aerosmith too. I just don't like the example this sets for our youth and everyone who hears and listens. I know I have been subconsciously affected. And there are no sources to contradict this message that are in the mainstream. There are sources and art that does contradict this, but they are not mainstreamed. I am talking about how different patterns and morales and views are normalized in today's mainstream commercial era which have never been before in most of history, or at least in most healthy vibrant societies and civilizations- but I think it's pretty obvious our civilization is splitting up. Technology can maybe save us but it is technology which accelerated the declines faster than what would have happened in former ages, once false worldviews have been swallowed.

But more about love and its wrong headedness- even that franfurter critical theorist that 'holy' man, Erich Fromm, he knew our idea of love was warped.

What inspired this writing is the recognition that in public places so much is disallowed by the Feds and courts and judges and culture- we must respect everyone and everything and be very careful what we say or do- but in the guise of soft music we can sell ideas of love that are very sick and unworkable and ideas of life as well. It's a bug we've got to expose like a cockroach, so that we are no longer bugged. It's the idea that there's great music produced, but the same dumb songs keep finding airplay on mainstream radios and at mainstream venues. It's almost a form of human engineering the control music can play. And can of course affect concentration and brain state.

And then there's hip hop and R-B and ganstar rap. It shows strong black men regulating- also eminem, who is clever and melodic and has points to make, rather than boast and strut. He is good and looked up to by white men because he is a strong white man- and they play his music- but people realize he took a black man art form, though spoken word was certainly done before by other cultures. But exceptions aside, they rarely play strong white man music- european derived cultural music- like epica, like middle age metal. Metallica is not played so much, it's on the decline. They play neurotic and lovey dovey white man music. Some stuff is good. Is this just a natural trend? Anyway whatever you think about my specifics, you've got to realize and agree that the messages and melodies in music can worm their way into minds and brains and affect them, and music played in public is part of a common pool. It's hard to be living in a multi cultural society- when we have to be pooled with diverse ethnicity and tastes- no disrespect to any. We have to remit to the revenue services our earnings and purchase health care so that we can be pooled with strangers and subsidize the same, because that's the way modern life is. Since the solutions are various and numerous, my only purpose is to raise consciousness. If you like the melody of music, or if you don't really like it but it sticks- be careful. What is the price you are paying for entertaining these songs and ideas? Also the entertainment industry- can it just be an industry for distraction? No I do not mean anything regarding a conspiracy theory or anything of that sort. But does it distract us from life and what's relevant, to our detriment? Does not the music we hear fuel our mind and thoughts and brain? And can one build a roman type civilization on music that is no deeper than modern pop? And how music alone can make us feel giddy and victorious, for no reason. Take care, on your path.

Everything created is the result of or powered by one's sexual energy, no matter how hidden this fact may be. Maybe that's not quite true, but it is powered by one's "life energy", including the desire for survival, but a big part of this is the sexual energy or the desire for sexual fulfillment and expression. It is the same for the artists and creators, and what does that say about these musicians who make this shallow music? Are they serious about their art? Are they sell outs? Unlike Jesus, I very much mean to judge. I know they can do better and I hold people to a high standard, including myself. I am hard on myself- to a point. I give my testimony and I expose myself. Was it not church music that proved so seductive in me going and worshiping this fictitious entity? Yes, it was a major factor. I don't even find Handel's messiah so beautiful anymore. It is truly amazing how perception in the human organism works. IT CHANGES! But yeah public venues, especially mainstream ones would be virtually disallowed from playing strong white man music- I don't mean rock and metal but music where he is healthy and independent. The closest we get to this in mainstream, and is a good example, is modern country, but unfortunately is only one genre and others are needed. The day will come when everyone stops rushing to be 'good' or seen as good by society and others, when people are no longer aggression phobes, where they are capable of destroying as well as building, where they are active and hard working and hustling and no longer passive witnesses, and where they are no longer uber doubters and hyper critical of themselves and history, and no longer gullible as slaves, but become free men and free women- and when healthy men and women and relationships can be normalized and made mainstream when this parasitic media can be overthrown or undermined, outcast by successful capitalism and entrepreneurialism and new cultural forces and cultural engineers. I seek the golden age of the world, and it must have a good soundtrack. The soundtrack dictates so much of a movie. Until then I just ignore and endure the garbage and nonsense of the mainstream and warn others of what goes in their earholes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2014, 07:26 PM
RE: mental health and music
Are you playing records backward?

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Rule of thumb when I listen to music. If the artist was on, will be on, or sounds like they should be on, any American Idol-type show, turn it off.

Religions are fairytales.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
21-09-2014, 07:49 PM
(23-08-2014 08:29 PM)pablo Wrote:  Rule of thumb when I listen to music. If the artist was on, will be on, or sounds like they should be on, any American Idol-type show, turn it off.

lol Laugh out load
that made me laugh...

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing.
~ Edmund Burke
21-09-2014, 08:33 PM
If it's too loud, you're too old.

No, seriously, TL;DR

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
21-09-2014, 08:53 PM
(23-08-2014 06:27 PM)viking Wrote:  This is what I've been slow to realize- mental health and judgement is often impaired by letting in mainstream or other music into the ears and brain and mind. Something can be 99 percent good and one percent poison and that can make it deadly or debilitating. I don't mean to sound like an extremist or fanatic when I say that but you have to be very careful of your influences, what you pour in the common pool. Music, especially mainstream music, can be distracting, diverting and destructive and its singers are delusional, while they sing a catchy tune. The pied piper sings what the payer demands, and who owns the radio stations? yet the pied piper can be the original seducer (in the negative sense).

So just don't listen? Well that's my problem- I just want to educate, but sometimes it's impossible to not listen- as when in public places, so just be conscious.

It can be pacifying, distracting, or sow wrongful ideas or impressions in one's mind. Music can also be healing and restorative and inspiring I've found, and as medicine it depends on the timing and the individual. Metallica has been strengthening to me at times, when it was needed. Pachelbel's Canan is renowned for its beauty and harmony and it can heal. Hate- I hate that which is dangerous and destructive. I'm thinking as I write this post about modern pop music, and especially modern love music- how dysfunctional it seems to me and sows ideas of love that are patently false as I understand them. Too many awesome respectable men pining after women- or playing the part of the woman! That's not natural! I mean equality is not even the modern state for many men- they are emotionally inferior because they have been made that way. Equality is erotic. Submissive from the get go as a man, and not only that but pining and desperate, is not. They need to break away but that's fine; what I think is unwise is playing such music and holding it up as a standard. No matter if it blares trumpets beautifully (don't pull your love out from me baby). I'm talking about pining and also idealizing. This is the music of boys. Aerosmith too. I just don't like the example this sets for our youth and everyone who hears and listens. I know I have been subconsciously affected. And there are no sources to contradict this message that are in the mainstream. There are sources and art that does contradict this, but they are not mainstreamed. I am talking about how different patterns and morales and views are normalized in today's mainstream commercial era which have never been before in most of history, or at least in most healthy vibrant societies and civilizations- but I think it's pretty obvious our civilization is splitting up. Technology can maybe save us but it is technology which accelerated the declines faster than what would have happened in former ages, once false worldviews have been swallowed.

But more about love and its wrong headedness- even that franfurter critical theorist that 'holy' man, Erich Fromm, he knew our idea of love was warped.

What inspired this writing is the recognition that in public places so much is disallowed by the Feds and courts and judges and culture- we must respect everyone and everything and be very careful what we say or do- but in the guise of soft music we can sell ideas of love that are very sick and unworkable and ideas of life as well. It's a bug we've got to expose like a cockroach, so that we are no longer bugged. It's the idea that there's great music produced, but the same dumb songs keep finding airplay on mainstream radios and at mainstream venues. It's almost a form of human engineering the control music can play. And can of course affect concentration and brain state.

And then there's hip hop and R-B and ganstar rap. It shows strong black men regulating- also eminem, who is clever and melodic and has points to make, rather than boast and strut. He is good and looked up to by white men because he is a strong white man- and they play his music- but people realize he took a black man art form, though spoken word was certainly done before by other cultures. But exceptions aside, they rarely play strong white man music- european derived cultural music- like epica, like middle age metal. Metallica is not played so much, it's on the decline. They play neurotic and lovey dovey white man music. Some stuff is good. Is this just a natural trend? Anyway whatever you think about my specifics, you've got to realize and agree that the messages and melodies in music can worm their way into minds and brains and affect them, and music played in public is part of a common pool. It's hard to be living in a multi cultural society- when we have to be pooled with diverse ethnicity and tastes- no disrespect to any. We have to remit to the revenue services our earnings and purchase health care so that we can be pooled with strangers and subsidize the same, because that's the way modern life is. Since the solutions are various and numerous, my only purpose is to raise consciousness. If you like the melody of music, or if you don't really like it but it sticks- be careful. What is the price you are paying for entertaining these songs and ideas? Also the entertainment industry- can it just be an industry for distraction? No I do not mean anything regarding a conspiracy theory or anything of that sort. But does it distract us from life and what's relevant, to our detriment? Does not the music we hear fuel our mind and thoughts and brain? And can one build a roman type civilization on music that is no deeper than modern pop? And how music alone can make us feel giddy and victorious, for no reason. Take care, on your path.

Everything created is the result of or powered by one's sexual energy, no matter how hidden this fact may be. Maybe that's not quite true, but it is powered by one's "life energy", including the desire for survival, but a big part of this is the sexual energy or the desire for sexual fulfillment and expression. It is the same for the artists and creators, and what does that say about these musicians who make this shallow music? Are they serious about their art? Are they sell outs? Unlike Jesus, I very much mean to judge. I know they can do better and I hold people to a high standard, including myself. I am hard on myself- to a point. I give my testimony and I expose myself. Was it not church music that proved so seductive in me going and worshiping this fictitious entity? Yes, it was a major factor. I don't even find Handel's messiah so beautiful anymore. It is truly amazing how perception in the human organism works. IT CHANGES! But yeah public venues, especially mainstream ones would be virtually disallowed from playing strong white man music- I don't mean rock and metal but music where he is healthy and independent. The closest we get to this in mainstream, and is a good example, is modern country, but unfortunately is only one genre and others are needed. The day will come when everyone stops rushing to be 'good' or seen as good by society and others, when people are no longer aggression phobes, where they are capable of destroying as well as building, where they are active and hard working and hustling and no longer passive witnesses, and where they are no longer uber doubters and hyper critical of themselves and history, and no longer gullible as slaves, but become free men and free women- and when healthy men and women and relationships can be normalized and made mainstream when this parasitic media can be overthrown or undermined, outcast by successful capitalism and entrepreneurialism and new cultural forces and cultural engineers. I seek the golden age of the world, and it must have a good soundtrack. The soundtrack dictates so much of a movie. Until then I just ignore and endure the garbage and nonsense of the mainstream and warn others of what goes in their earholes.

[Image: 0c1360de78d4719254b4c5c6e7328439cb93eb9b...b80805.jpg]

Lol.

Anyway, music is basically a panacea in my opinion.

I mean, it can't hurt.

I dunno what ya wrote cuz I didn't even try ta find out, but I guess you agree.
22-09-2014, 12:07 PM
What is it with all the fucking weirdos on here... Just listen to whatever music you like.

Generally, you can tell straight away if a singer is faking it... Goes for any genre.

Shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucker, tits... - George Carlin.