message for Seth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2013, 03:22 PM
message for Seth
If you can, please let Seth know he has motivated me to post the following on Facebook. I don't come from a religious family and am just amazed that families put religion above their "loved ones". To put it bluntly, it sickens me. I put the following on Facebook minutes ago:

This is in no way a slam to all my religious friends. This is for any atheists out there in Facebook land and especially to young people. I have been listening to podcasts on Atheism and have found out that a lot of people who are doubting their faith are ostracized by their families to the point of families actually disowning their relatives who are seeking out their beliefs or lack thereof. If you think you are alone please, I beg you, check out The Thinking Atheist podcast or website. The podcast is run by Seth Andrews who used to be a Christian and he knows what you are going through. He takes calls from others going through the same trials. I've heard of people committing suicide over this and as one who was once depressed, please check Seth out and know that you are not alone. Thank you all for listening.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes julie's post
12-03-2013, 03:28 PM
RE: message for Seth
Seth rarely reads the forum.

If you want to contact him, go here.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
12-03-2013, 03:29 PM
(12-03-2013 03:22 PM)julie Wrote:  If you can, please let Seth know he has motivated me to post the following on Facebook. I don't come from a religious family and am just amazed that families put religion above their "loved ones". To put it bluntly, it sickens me. I put the following on Facebook minutes ago:

This is in no way a slam to all my religious friends. This is for any atheists out there in Facebook land and especially to young people. I have been listening to podcasts on Atheism and have found out that a lot of people who are doubting their faith are ostracized by their families to the point of families actually disowning their relatives who are seeking out their beliefs or lack thereof. If you think you are alone please, I beg you, check out The Thinking Atheist podcast or website. The podcast is run by Seth Andrews who used to be a Christian and he knows what you are going through. He takes calls from others going through the same trials. I've heard of people committing suicide over this and as one who was once depressed, please check Seth out and know that you are not alone. Thank you all for listening.
Hey, I am sorry to inform that Seth doesn't ever really take part in the forum, instead it's a medium for atheistic or Christian users to converse and share ideas and emotions, sometimes.

I suggest that you email him, or write him a letter. I think there is a way you can do that, but please contribute to the forum. From your post here it seems that you are a rational and polite individual who can really construed to the forum!

I hope to see you around!

EDIT: Damn it, KC.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
12-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Or, if you haven't already done it... you can "like" TTA facebook page. If you use the contact - you'll probably get Meg anyway - she helps maintain the facebook page.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.