met a YEC person at college today.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2012, 04:16 PM
met a YEC person at college today.
So a prof and I were talking about scientific theories, and this girl had pointed out that there's been no evidence for evolution and that "those missing links have been proven false, beacause her friend who is an anthropologist told her. Mild debate, we agreed to disagree because she had no time for a full, fun debate because of class. The prof didn't even stick around for the debate, he just sighed and left. Cringing while he walked...

-summum ius, summa iniuria.-M. T. Cicero
-I will show you fear in a handful of dust.-T.S. Eliot
-
ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes il_bandit's post
24-08-2012, 04:38 PM
RE: met a YEC person at college today.
Questioning the Theory of Evolution, in no way proves anything about YEC, or Creationism. Acctually it proves it, but the Genetics are not for simpletons.

The multiple dating systems in the rock layers in Yosemite disprove every iota of YEC'ism, if one needed to, or wanted to. The antropologist is full of shit. Make her defend her position herself.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
24-08-2012, 04:49 PM
(24-08-2012 04:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The multiple dating systems in the rock layers in Yosemite disprove every iota of YEC'ism, if one needed to, or wanted to. The antropologist is full of shit. Make her defend her position herself.

So... I'm getting something about Caveman speed dating? Damn scientists. What possible bearing could that have on the YEC debate?
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-08-2012, 01:41 AM
I sort of feel like YEC is a paranoid type of thing.

Think about it... you have to completely toss out MOSTLY ALL SCIENCE to accept it and assume every new science is a conspiracy to trick you that your belief is wrong.

Dude - "hey we cured aids!"
YEC - "WHAT? That's amazing! How'd we do that?"
Dude - "we evolved a new organism in the lab that EATS aids out of your body. Thank goodness for evolution."
YEC - "IT'S A LIE. GOD CREATED EVERYTHING! NO ONE CURED AIDS THEN! EVOLUTION IS A LIE! SENT BY SATAN!"
Dude - "But that dude over there is cured... I don't even.... are you stupid or something?"
YES - "SATAN WORSHIPPER! AHHHHH" *runs away screaming*
[+] 4 users Like Logisch's post