middle east and their clothes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2015, 08:06 PM
RE: middle east and their clothes
Quote:Seems to me that the main problem is that the women are stupid enough to keep wearing them.

It's not that black and white.
Even in foreign countries, such as western countries, they are under a lot of pressure from friends and relatives to act a certain way. Yes they could take it off and walk around in "normal" clothing but that could have dire consequences from being disowned to the extreme of being killed.

It also doesn't help that these women have been raised under this religion their hole life. It's no different to Christians being raised Christian except that this particular religion says you have to wear certain clothing.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post
31-05-2015, 08:44 PM
(31-05-2015 05:39 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Anybody else want to rip the womens clothes off and make the man wear their clothes all day and ask ' how you like wearing all this shit all day'?

We were at a popular theme park today were several families from middle east were there and all the women and girls were wearing clothes from head to toe, only the eyes were showing.

I wanted to rip them off and make him wear them all day so he knows how rediculous and impractical it us from women to wear that shit.

Of course I know he wouldn't give a crap but still. But anyway I find those kinds of clothes to be very restricted and suffocating and how in the world can anyone do anything wearing those things!?

Having known a few Muslim women, they would say that the clothing is actually quite comfortable. It's not meant to restrict them, but to restrict men from seeing them. In that mindset, men cannot control their lustful urges. So that which makes them lust, must be hidden from them. Truly sad.

The second mouse gets the cheese.
[+] 3 users Like The Drake's post
31-05-2015, 09:02 PM
(31-05-2015 08:44 PM)The Drake Wrote:  
(31-05-2015 05:39 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Anybody else want to rip the womens clothes off and make the man wear their clothes all day and ask ' how you like wearing all this shit all day'?

We were at a popular theme park today were several families from middle east were there and all the women and girls were wearing clothes from head to toe, only the eyes were showing.

I wanted to rip them off and make him wear them all day so he knows how rediculous and impractical it us from women to wear that shit.

Of course I know he wouldn't give a crap but still. But anyway I find those kinds of clothes to be very restricted and suffocating and how in the world can anyone do anything wearing those things!?

Having known a few Muslim women, they would say that the clothing is actually quite comfortable. It's not meant to restrict them, but to restrict men from seeing them. In that mindset, men cannot control their lustful urges. So that which makes them lust, must be hidden from them. Truly sad.

You are so right. For anyone to not have self control but blame others and make them make up for that fact is sad, wrong, and beyond what I can fathem
31-05-2015, 09:13 PM
(31-05-2015 08:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:Seems to me that the main problem is that the women are stupid enough to keep wearing them.

It's not that black and white.
Even in foreign countries, such as western countries, they are under a lot of pressure from friends and relatives to act a certain way. Yes they could take it off and walk around in "normal" clothing but that could have dire consequences from being disowned to the extreme of being killed.

It also doesn't help that these women have been raised under this religion their hole life. It's no different to Christians being raised Christian except that this particular religion says you have to wear certain clothing.
Not to mention some people within islam have a fucked up way of dealing with wives/daughters who dare insult their 'honour' by not doing as they command (wearing revealing clothing/refusing an arranged marriage etc.)
There's been a few attacks on women including murders and battery acid thrown into the face of 'offending' women (a favourite of the pakistanis) here in the UK Sad

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
31-05-2015, 09:40 PM
(31-05-2015 05:39 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Anybody else want to rip the womens clothes off

I kinda stopped reading right here.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
31-05-2015, 09:54 PM
(31-05-2015 08:44 PM)The Drake Wrote:  ...
It's not meant to restrict them, but to restrict men from seeing them. In that mindset, men cannot control their lustful urges. So that which makes them lust, must be hidden from them. Truly sad.

I've initiated this conversation a few times (y'know, inoffensive lunch-time chat) asking what's with the burka and stuff?

"It's about reducing temptation."

"For the women?"

"No, silly. For the men."

"Oh! So, it's like a potential rape thing."

"Exactly."

"OK. So why not just castrate all the men?"

"... Ohmy ..."

Meanwhile:
[Image: women.jpg]
[Image: 1.png]

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
01-06-2015, 01:36 AM
(31-05-2015 09:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Meanwhile:

The picture is cute and all but the implied equality of their stances is demonstrably false. Do you really think that women in muslim dominated societies have anywhere near the level of freedom and equality of their western counterparts?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
01-06-2015, 08:16 AM
(01-06-2015 01:36 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(31-05-2015 09:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Meanwhile:

The picture is cute and all but the implied equality of their stances is demonstrably false. Do you really think that women in muslim dominated societies have anywhere near the level of freedom and equality of their western counterparts?

I'm thinking you've missed the point. The comic is about perception. How we perceive ourselves and others. That's what I get from it anyway. I could be wrong...
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
01-06-2015, 08:58 AM
Of course, the Mormons are a little sneaky about their clothing modesty.

[Image: mormondrawers.JPG]

I love the fly on the guys knickers. Laughat It's so inviting.

With the Birkas I always wonder how the hell they pee and poop. They have to lift all the material up and then pull their pants down and try to make sure they separate the material from the toilet area so they don't pee on the Birka.

In centuries past women in the western countries didn't wear anything under their long dresses and petticoats. It made peeing so much easier.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
01-06-2015, 09:24 AM
(31-05-2015 09:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  [Image: 1.png]

Yeah, that exact image came up in my gender studies class.

I helpfully pointed out that only one side of that coin is backed by summary execution. So there's that.

(01-06-2015 01:36 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The picture is cute and all but the implied equality of their stances is demonstrably false. Do you really think that women in muslim dominated societies have anywhere near the level of freedom and equality of their western counterparts?

Well; quite.

There is a great deal of unspoken - and, indeed, unnoticed to many - social pressure in our (or any) society; addressing this is its own ongoing matter. It does no one any good to wildly conflate massively differing levels of social coercion.

... this is my signature!