middle east and their clothes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2015, 06:05 PM
RE: middle east and their clothes
(31-05-2015 08:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:Seems to me that the main problem is that the women are stupid enough to keep wearing them.

It's not that black and white.
Even in foreign countries, such as western countries, they are under a lot of pressure from friends and relatives to act a certain way. Yes they could take it off and walk around in "normal" clothing but that could have dire consequences from being disowned to the extreme of being killed.

It also doesn't help that these women have been raised under this religion their hole life. It's no different to Christians being raised Christian except that this particular religion says you have to wear certain clothing.

Willing slaves are still slaves. And yes, religion fucks people up in many ways.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2015, 06:12 PM
I see a lot of women in burkas around here. Also the ones who wear scarves to hide their hair. I also see a lot of women with long hair and standard long denim skirts that seem to go with certain Christian sects. I don't want to dress that way any more than I would want to don the habits worn by the nuns when I was in school.

I don't see a reason to get all riled up and violent about it.

I wore uniforms when I was in Catholic school and again in the military...that's all the attire is to me - a uniform worn by part of a group.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-06-2015, 06:13 PM
(01-06-2015 06:05 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(31-05-2015 08:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's not that black and white.
Even in foreign countries, such as western countries, they are under a lot of pressure from friends and relatives to act a certain way. Yes they could take it off and walk around in "normal" clothing but that could have dire consequences from being disowned to the extreme of being killed.

It also doesn't help that these women have been raised under this religion their hole life. It's no different to Christians being raised Christian except that this particular religion says you have to wear certain clothing.

Willing slaves are still slaves. And yes, religion fucks people up in many ways.

Which is easy for you to say when you weren't brought up in that culture/religion and can freely wear pretty much whatever the fuck you want.

When you're faced with ostracization or even death simply because you wanted to wear something different, you might have a different outlook on "willing slaves are still slaves".
01-06-2015, 06:25 PM
(01-06-2015 06:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't see a reason to get all riled up and violent about it.

I don't either. People who do are either OCD, crazy, vindictive, or a combination.

But I must say - it is a good discussion topic. Drinking Beverage
01-06-2015, 07:28 PM
(01-06-2015 06:13 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 06:05 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Willing slaves are still slaves. And yes, religion fucks people up in many ways.

Which is easy for you to say when you weren't brought up in that culture/religion and can freely wear pretty much whatever the fuck you want.

When you're faced with ostracization or even death simply because you wanted to wear something different, you might have a different outlook on "willing slaves are still slaves".

I was born and raised catholic and didn't get shit to say about it, either. True, there's less of a dress code but by the time I was 13 I let my folks know that religion was not for me.

Change cannot be imposed on those people from outside. Bush the Stupider should be proof of that. If change is going to come they are going to have to do it themselves.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
01-06-2015, 07:43 PM
(31-05-2015 05:39 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Anybody else want to rip the womens clothes off and make the man wear their clothes all day and ask ' how you like wearing all this shit all day'?

We were at a popular theme park today were several families from middle east were there and all the women and girls were wearing clothes from head to toe, only the eyes were showing.

I wanted to rip them off and make him wear them all day so he knows how rediculous and impractical it us from women to wear that shit.

Of course I know he wouldn't give a crap but still. But anyway I find those kinds of clothes to be very restricted and suffocating and how in the world can anyone do anything wearing those things!?

I saw 2 couples last summer, the women were in black burkas, only a screen covering their eyes. Maybe its my backwards USA upbringing and not being very worldly but I found it quite repulsive and had similar feelings about wanting to free them from the opression of their dress code.

I was instantly angry at my core. Much like I would be at a person who I witness beating his wife or children or leaving dogs in a hot car. Instant anger. I get it.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
01-06-2015, 07:43 PM
(01-06-2015 04:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(31-05-2015 08:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's not that black and white.

It also doesn't help that these women have been raised under this religion their [w]hole life. It's no different to Christians being raised Christian except that this particular religion says you have to wear certain clothing.

Similarly

[Image: Bikini-Burqa-Beach-420x0.jpg]

02-06-2015, 02:49 AM
But don't Muslim women get incredibly angry whenever someone tries to ban the veil?

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
02-06-2015, 02:51 AM
(02-06-2015 02:49 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  But don't Muslim women get incredibly angry whenever someone tries to ban the veil?

Slaves tend to resent those that show them their chains.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
02-06-2015, 05:57 AM
A thought occurs ... relating to an individual's right to freedom of expression and thereby the right dress as you choose...

What would be the reaction to a trend involving e.g. white males wearing the hijab?

It's tempting to try it to see the local reaction.

Thing is, I've never had a bad hair day in my life to I suspect it would be judged as deliberate provocation.

Consider