middle east and their clothes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2015, 08:53 PM
RE: middle east and their clothes
(02-06-2015 07:50 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 02:29 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Of course not because I know no one forces them to wear what they are wearing. But I do know that middle eastern men do force their women to wear those things. That's the difference. I no I don't know that 100% of them do force but its close. Besides you can watch their behavior and can tell tell a lot from that.

How do you distinguish between a middle eastern woman? Or a Pakastani or Indian muslim woman? How do you know the dynamics present in one middle eastern community is present in the other? Can i make a general statement about white men, white women, caucasian males to the extent that you do middle eastern people? Do you even have any middle eastern women friends? have you ever asked them how they felt about their head coverings? Clearly not.

Do you think when the Shah of Iran made the veil illegal, and had cops forcibly remove woman's hijabs, in an attempt to westernize Iran, that Iranian women looked to him as some sort of liberator of their oppression? This is not to say that some women are not forced to wear these coverings, but that there's no particular way to generalize which ones wear it against their will, and which one's don't. But one thing is clear, no one is looking for some foreign liberator to free them from wearing it.

Muslim woman wear their covering for a variety of reasons, for many as an antithesis to objectification, for some a symbol and loyalty to their faith. And there's probably very few who look on enviously at scantly dressed celebrities and such, wishing they could just rip their veils off.

You don't "distinguish between" *a woman*, (unless you split her in two). More inane questions.

Great book last year about the complete hypocrisy of Islam in the Near East.
It's all a bunch of lies and pretense.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/City-Lies-Death-...0297869493

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2015, 09:56 PM
(31-05-2015 06:00 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(31-05-2015 05:39 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Anybody else want to rip the womens clothes off and make the man wear their clothes all day and ask ' how you like wearing all this shit all day'?

We were at a popular theme park today were several families from middle east were there and all the women and girls were wearing clothes from head to toe, only the eyes were showing.

I wanted to rip them off and make him wear them all day so he knows how rediculous and impractical it us from women to wear that shit.

Of course I know he wouldn't give a crap but still. But anyway I find those kinds of clothes to be very restricted and suffocating and how in the world can anyone do anything wearing those things!?

Have you ever seen their swimsuits?

[Image: 11hqr6g.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_lygvsyDdRs1r5rl88o1_500.gif]

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
05-06-2015, 10:43 PM
(31-05-2015 09:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(31-05-2015 08:44 PM)The Drake Wrote:  ...
It's not meant to restrict them, but to restrict men from seeing them. In that mindset, men cannot control their lustful urges. So that which makes them lust, must be hidden from them. Truly sad.

I've initiated this conversation a few times (y'know, inoffensive lunch-time chat) asking what's with the burka and stuff?

"It's about reducing temptation."

"For the women?"

"No, silly. For the men."

"Oh! So, it's like a potential rape thing."

"Exactly."

"OK. So why not just castrate all the men?"

"... Ohmy ..."

Meanwhile:
[Image: women.jpg]
[Image: 1.png]

You captured that one. And from either side...that is what it looks like. The difference in the west, is that women have the same freedoms as men. That includes sexual freedom. And truthfully I'm quite happy in world where men and women both can be the animals that they are.

The second mouse gets the cheese.
05-06-2015, 10:49 PM
(02-06-2015 10:04 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's ALLLLLLL fucking stupid. Most religions have some sort of religious garb that they have to wear in order to belong. But women have no leadership in any of the major religions of the world. Men are in charge. Men have more freedom to change the rules of dress if needs be. Women don't, and consequently it's almost always women who are punished for not wearing it correctly.

[Image: image.jpg]

[Image: 687583546.jpg]

[Image: Swayambhunath_Sadhu.jpg]

Although I don't disagree, you're giving examples of established culture (ours included). So go out and change it, by your actions.

08-06-2015, 01:47 PM
(31-05-2015 09:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(31-05-2015 08:44 PM)The Drake Wrote:  ...
It's not meant to restrict them, but to restrict men from seeing them. In that mindset, men cannot control their lustful urges. So that which makes them lust, must be hidden from them. Truly sad.

I've initiated this conversation a few times (y'know, inoffensive lunch-time chat) asking what's with the burka and stuff?

"It's about reducing temptation."

"For the women?"

"No, silly. For the men."

"Oh! So, it's like a potential rape thing."

"Exactly."

"OK. So why not just castrate all the men?"

"... Ohmy ..."

Meanwhile:
[Image: women.jpg]
[Image: 1.png]

That's the difference. It's not so much about protecting the women from a man's lust as it is about protecting the men from a woman's power. In the west, women have power, and that scares the bejesus out of many Muslims. We were that way once.