"...modern day atheist the intellectual equivalent of a cave man"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2012, 12:03 AM
RE: "...modern day atheist the intellectual equivalent of a cave man"
Hey, Neon.

Quote:I really hate it when people imply that ancient people's are 'stupid.'

Word up.

Quote:I do tend to focus on ritual and ancient religions of Northern Europe as well as Osteology (skeletal anatomy)

Coooooooooooool.

Hey, Lilith.

If you ever wind up in Montreal, gimmie a buzz Cool

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2012, 06:32 AM
Getting the money for the ticket probably this week so before the end of February. I'll let you know.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
29-01-2012, 11:04 PM
(28-01-2012 07:07 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I love the field and I plan to get into it, but I'm going to try and get my life together first. different people get different opportunities. When I'm able to afford schooling I'll continue. Though I may not get my degree till 40. Archeology is great I've done some and visited a few sites in Italy, but I really prefer the current living. Doesn't mean I'm not excessively interested in most of archeological news coming out. Do you check out any anthropological news sites? My professor liked TAMU so I look to them when I think to look. at the moment it's not my driving force, but currently with a plan to change countries looming little keeps me all that driven.

Nothing wrong with that. I was fortunate to be able to afford school, but only just. It's a messed up world when getting an education costs you as much money as it does. I truly believe an education should be open to anyone that really wants to learn and...the unfortunate reality is that most people that go to college, frankly, don't belong there.

I wish you luck! You can do anything you set your mind to! Since I trained in socio-cultural, I still read studies and ethnographies and find modern cultures interesting, but I LOVE digging. It might be my inner child that likes to get dirty. Plus, the human skeleton is a magnificent piece of evolutionary art. You can tell almost a person's entire life story from looking at their bones.

I've been in school so much I mostly read journals like NATURE and various archaeological society collections. Now that life is settling a little, I can do a bit more hobby stuff rather than studying for exams and papers.

My Blog
[Image: 1z5qgiq.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Yay hobbies!!!! I do too much hobby stuff =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
30-01-2012, 10:22 AM
(19-01-2012 02:52 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Why bother arguing on facebook. Honestly...

I've tried it. It's simply a bad forum for debates, due to the lack of characters (letters) and the mob mentality that starts when a person sees their "friend" attacked publicly.

Any general or sweeping statement about a group of people is stereotyping (unless that statement fits them by definition or from necessity), and you could simply point that out. It's an easy thing to take as an insult though, so the poster is likely to act defensive the moment you accuse him of stereotyping... and defensive gestures mean that learning opportunities are also being squelched.

So to sum it all up... I agree with Logisch Smile Don't bother.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user