money is a vote of utilty wasted in futility

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2016, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2016 04:15 PM by kunoxian drive.)
here's is a questio... Is it just me or is money being spent on media/entertainment now of days a vote cast in futility? what do I mean you ask....???

someone once said that if you spend money on anything you are voting for said things existence. to me that is epically true. heres the problem though, people spend money on ,movies/games/books and entertainment they complain about. i.e. people that complained that every c.o.d or military shooter was basicaly the same game with minor tweeks still spent money to play said game. thus they voted to have said game prosper. samne thing with people that complained there were no orignal/new projects in movies or games ad did nothing but spend money on sequels. is it just me or is that self impossed cutural masochism. I do mean self imposed.

I don't want x thing to continue in ether it's current form or at all but I will give a large amount of my money as a vote to see that thing continue in the way I said it shouldn't thus making myself frustrated they did exactly what I wanted them not to do in the end.

I largely think that's the problem with modern day consumers of entertainment. they don't think of money as a vote and thus don't use it wisely. what do you think. ty for your time btw.

p.s. lastly can we have a general media section. I love these kind of questions that talk about media/entertainment as a hole. i mean I've asked a few myself but I don't have a section for them. was wondering if we could get one. I think it would need a different flavor though from just a specific type of media but in a way to encompass multiple types of entertainment without being a retread of the forum parts like literature, movies, and gaming combined.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2016, 04:16 PM
Fuck the game. Join the Marines and enjoy it in real life.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply