monpoly on fasting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2015, 11:04 PM
monpoly on fasting
first of all I am just posting this here our of frustration and I am just ranting.... I have decided that there are to many things that I don't need to do but do anyway do to there power to distract me... so I kind of decided to go on a mental fast... just one problem... everything{all the videos and material on the subject is religious....} is it just me or do the religious have a monopoly here.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2015, 07:55 PM
RE: monpoly on fasting
I don't understand what you're trying to say...

Can you elaborate a bit?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2015, 09:52 PM
basically there are no atheist source on fasting at all... I basically want to fast most the distracting technology except for my rifftrax and writting my book for a week. when I am prepared.

11-03-2015, 06:30 AM
[Image: confused.jpg]

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 7 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
11-03-2015, 11:05 AM
(10-03-2015 09:52 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  basically there are no atheist source on fasting at all... I basically want to fast most the distracting technology except for my rifftrax and writting my book for a week. when I am prepared.

Why would you want to fast?

Going for extended periods without food can be harmful.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
11-03-2015, 11:20 AM
irst of all thee are two kindsof fasting
1. the kind were you go with minimal food. It's not going with no food. thaqt woukd be ridculous to go with no food and no one doise that not even on a fasrt.
2. a mental fast= too stop doing something for a long period of time. i.e. noot use face book or you tube.{a.k.a the kind of fast I wan to go on because I am adicted to things like yout tube.... not eting chocolate also counts.}

p.s. the pproblem, as I see it is not that I haven't been comunicating well. it's that youy have a preconcieved notion of a fast. fast is not goinng with no food for long periods of time. it's either going with minimumfood or keeping from doiing something for long periods of time.

11-03-2015, 11:38 AM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Fasting

11-03-2015, 11:44 AM
https://youtu.be/aUyBq3UsZjM

ignore the spirutial part

11-03-2015, 05:52 PM
(11-03-2015 11:20 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  irst of all thee are two kindsof fasting
1. the kind were you go with minimal food. It's not going with no food. thaqt woukd be ridculous to go with no food and no one doise that not even on a fasrt.
2. a mental fast= too stop doing something for a long period of time. i.e. noot use face book or you tube.{a.k.a the kind of fast I wan to go on because I am adicted to things like yout tube.... not eting chocolate also counts.}

p.s. the pproblem, as I see it is not that I haven't been comunicating well. it's that youy have a preconcieved notion of a fast. fast is not goinng with no food for long periods of time. it's either going with minimumfood or keeping from doiing something for long periods of time.

No, its not a preconceived notion of fasting, its your shit typing and spelling. Plus the fact this is in the Health and Psychology section makes me think you're planning a diet.

Anyway... I don't see why you need advice for something like that. If something like Facebook or YouTube is starting to dominate your life, just take a break from it for a couple of weeks, or limit your time online.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
11-03-2015, 06:23 PM
(11-03-2015 05:52 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 11:20 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  irst of all thee are two kindsof fasting

No, its not a preconceived notion of fasting, its your shit typing and spelling. Plus the fact this is in the Health and Psychology section makes me think you're planning a diet.

Anyway... I don't see why you need advice for something like that. If something like Facebook or YouTube is starting to dominate your life, just take a break from it for a couple of weeks, or limit your time online.

That's his mo here though, I suppose if its you don't commonly look at these threads it might not appear.

But yeah this one I'm not sure about where its coming from. I can say I have fasted on Monopoly, haven't played the game in years.

But generally fasting is purely the religious idea. I know i've come across it in brief philosophical writings like Nietzsche saying you may want to fast from something not for the religious aspects, but the physiological benefits.

Mostly the word Fast is strictly kept for religious/spiritual meanings though. The idea of it is likely to be refereed to as abstaining in non-religious context.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post