monpoly on fasting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2015, 06:28 PM
RE: monpoly on fasting
(11-03-2015 11:05 AM)Sam Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 09:52 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  basically there are no atheist source on fasting at all... I basically want to fast most the distracting technology except for my rifftrax and writting my book for a week. when I am prepared.

Why would you want to fast?

Going for extended periods without food can be harmful.

But it also has health benefits if you fast for a day to a week.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
11-03-2015, 06:33 PM
(11-03-2015 05:52 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 11:20 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  irst of all thee are two kindsof fasting
1. the kind were you go with minimal food. It's not going with no food. thaqt woukd be ridculous to go with no food and no one doise that not even on a fasrt.
2. a mental fast= too stop doing something for a long period of time. i.e. noot use face book or you tube.{a.k.a the kind of fast I wan to go on because I am adicted to things like yout tube.... not eting chocolate also counts.}

p.s. the pproblem, as I see it is not that I haven't been comunicating well. it's that youy have a preconcieved notion of a fast. fast is not goinng with no food for long periods of time. it's either going with minimumfood or keeping from doiing something for long periods of time.

No, its not a preconceived notion of fasting, its your shit typing and spelling. Plus the fact this is in the Health and Psychology section makes me think you're planning a diet.

Anyway... I don't see why you need advice for something like that. If something like Facebook or YouTube is starting to dominate your life, just take a break from it for a couple of weeks, or limit your time online.

sorry I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking you buttttt.... this is a mental health issue.... I think I might be addicted to the youtubes... and I am working on my english grammar/spelling.ty for your time,

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
11-03-2015, 08:24 PM
(11-03-2015 06:33 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 05:52 PM)Sam Wrote:  No, its not a preconceived notion of fasting, its your shit typing and spelling. Plus the fact this is in the Health and Psychology section makes me think you're planning a diet.

Anyway... I don't see why you need advice for something like that. If something like Facebook or YouTube is starting to dominate your life, just take a break from it for a couple of weeks, or limit your time online.

sorry I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking you buttttt.... this is a mental health issue.... I think I might be addicted to the youtubes... and I am working on my english grammar/spelling.ty for your time,

No worries...

I'm afraid I can't really offer you anything much on your question. I don't think depriving yourself of something you enjoy for a length of time is a very good way to approach the problem.

Perhaps taking just a day or two off from the internet per week would be a better way. Use that day to go out, or find a way to be busy...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
11-03-2015, 09:04 PM
(11-03-2015 08:24 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 06:33 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  sorry I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking you buttttt.... this is a mental health issue.... I think I might be addicted to the youtubes... and I am working on my english grammar/spelling.ty for your time,

No worries...

I'm afraid I can't really offer you anything much on your question. I don't think depriving yourself of something you enjoy for a length of time is a very good way to approach the problem.

Perhaps taking just a day or two off from the internet per week would be a better way. Use that day to go out, or find a way to be busy...

I find that very hard to do though...... besides for short burst of motivation that then burn me out.. I find that 90% of my time is sucked up ny youtube and I find it hard to pull myself away from but thanks anyway....

p.s just think of how people used to keep themselves entertained in the literal stone age.

11-03-2015, 09:16 PM
(11-03-2015 09:04 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  p.s just think of how people used to keep themselves entertained in the literal stone age.

They were busy surviving.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-03-2015, 09:23 PM
(11-03-2015 09:04 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 08:24 PM)Sam Wrote:  No worries...

I find that very hard to do though...... besides for short burst of motivation that then burn me out.. I find that 90% of my time is sucked up ny youtube and I find it hard to pull myself away from but thanks anyway....

p.s just think of how people used to keep themselves entertained in the literal stone age.

My guess is that they were probably quite busy hunting and gathering most of the time.

But, people probably told stories, sang songs, played games, got drunk, had sex etc... Humans have always been social, but until fairly recently we generally only socialized with our close neighbors.

So I dunno, maybe you do need to take a long break... Maybe a week camping and hiking in the woods might clear your head a bit.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
11-03-2015, 09:54 PM
I definitely need to get out but I 'm not an out doorsy kind of person and I live in the middle of the woods/ too far to walk to get into town. I am about as a n out doorman as martha stewart is ranbo... but i got to dlo something... thanks for the suggestion... lol

12-03-2015, 02:17 PM
(11-03-2015 09:54 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I definitely need to get out but I 'm not an out doorsy kind of person and I live in the middle of the woods/ too far to walk to get into town. I am about as a n out doorman as martha stewart is ranbo... but i got to dlo something... thanks for the suggestion... lol

Well, maybe that's the answer... Getting out of your comfort zone, trying something completely new.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
12-03-2015, 06:46 PM
(12-03-2015 02:17 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 09:54 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I definitely need to get out but I 'm not an out doorsy kind of person and I live in the middle of the woods/ too far to walk to get into town. I am about as a n out doorman as martha stewart is ranbo... but i got to dlo something... thanks for the suggestion... lol

Well, maybe that's the answer... Getting out of your comfort zone, trying something completely new.

working with what I got.........

18-03-2015, 04:24 AM
I think it's understandable that modern Westerners want to cut down on material stuff. Before two generations ago humanity didn't have all this stuff. We're still essentially stone age brains trying to deal with fast talk (www), fast food, fast cars etc.
[+] 1 user Likes Kitson's post