moral obligation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2014, 10:18 AM
RE: moral obligation
I think our difference here comes is the definition of "help" and "encourage." What exactly do we mean by this? I fear that this can be interpreted as "pressure" or "compell." These are accepted synonyms for many.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2014, 10:42 AM
(29-03-2014 10:18 AM)natachan Wrote:  I think our difference here comes is the definition of "help" and "encourage." What exactly do we mean by this? I fear that this can be interpreted as "pressure" or "compell." These are accepted synonyms for many.
We should pay attention to those who require assistance. I'm not suggesting that we should force them to accept opposing views but we should make an extra effort when they can't think for themselves.
29-03-2014, 12:46 PM
(28-03-2014 10:26 PM)mknight Wrote:  Do atheists people have the moral obligation to encourage believers other people to think critically?

Yes.
[+] 4 users Like Reltzik's post
29-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Every fucking religion is stupid and every fucking atheist has a moral obligation to expose the stupidity in the interest of furthering the betterment of humanity.

After all, is humanity better off remaining stupid because of religion?

Get rid of it.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
29-03-2014, 10:18 PM
(28-03-2014 10:26 PM)mknight Wrote:  Do atheists have the moral obligation to encourage believers to think critically?

Do adults have an obligation to encourage children to refrain from eating cat shit?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
30-03-2014, 03:25 AM
(29-03-2014 12:46 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 10:26 PM)mknight Wrote:  Do atheists people have the moral obligation to encourage believers other people to think critically?

Yes.
But especially victims of illusions one would think.
30-03-2014, 03:26 AM
(29-03-2014 10:18 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 10:26 PM)mknight Wrote:  Do atheists have the moral obligation to encourage believers to think critically?

Do adults have an obligation to encourage children to refrain from eating cat shit?
Funniest reply I've seen in a long time!!
31-03-2014, 03:02 AM
(29-03-2014 06:25 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Anybody else having a flashback to Donotwant's line of demanding answeres ?

Looks like a JAQfest to me

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
31-03-2014, 03:31 AM
I don't appreciate people who try to tell me what to think. Seems polite therefore, to not tell others what to think. Give 'em opportunity to decide for themselves, sure. Proselytize? No fucking way. Just my personal view. YMMV.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
31-03-2014, 03:54 AM

no

[Image: RPYH95t.png]