most messed up bible verses?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2014, 06:14 PM
I know a lot but this one was new to me until a day or two ago.

Genesis 19:34

And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

Translation: I got pregnant with my daddy's baby last night little sister. Here! Take this wine and get him drunk so you can make babies with our dad too! That way, we can persevere his seed.

I swear, when I am able to do youtube videos. I am gonna make an awesome series of all the messed up things the bible says.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
30-07-2014, 06:35 PM
I've heard of this one but forgot about it until now. Thanks that's a good one.

I think one of the best verses against the validity of the bible occurs in genesis 2. Where did Abel's wife come from? No way to explain it without making shit up.
30-07-2014, 06:55 PM
RE: most messed up bible verses?
Exodus 21:20-21English Standard Version (ESV)

20 “When a man strikes his slave, male or female, with a rod and the slave dies under his hand, he shall be avenged. 21 But if the slave survives a day or two, he is not to be avenged, for the slave is his money.
Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
31-07-2014, 12:30 AM
Ezekiel 23:18-21: When she carried on her prostitution openly and exposed her naked body, I turned away from her in disgust, just as I had turned away from her sister. 19 Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. 20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. 21 So you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when in Egypt your bosom was caressed and your young breasts fondled.
31-07-2014, 01:25 AM
Where does one even begin to start listing all the messed up verses in the bible? It would fill a book . . . oh wait, it does!

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Diogenes of Mayberry's post
31-07-2014, 06:18 AM
One of my favorite ones....

Zechariah 14:12
"Now this will be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the peoples who have gone to war against Jerusalem; their flesh will rot while they stand on their feet, and their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongue will rot in their mouth."

Such a pretty picture it paints, don't ya think? Tongue

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
31-07-2014, 07:09 AM
my fav is the 10th commandment

do not boil a baby goat in its mothers milk Facepalm

this commandment ruined my dinner plans Tongue
31-07-2014, 08:06 AM
Deuteronomy 22:23-24

"23 If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, 24 you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the young woman because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man’s wife. You must purge the evil from among you."

So, if a woman has sex with a man and she doesn't scream for help, it must be consensual. There is no way for a rapist to silence his victim, because knives didn't exist back then, or something.

I don't know if this is the earliest evidence of blaming the victim when it comes to rape, but it's the earliest I know of.

(30-07-2014 06:14 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Translation: I got pregnant with my daddy's baby last night little sister. Here! Take this wine and get him drunk so you can make babies with our dad too! That way, we can persevere his seed.

While I generally don't like defending the Bible, in this story, they thought they were the only humans left. They weren't so much trying to preserve their father's seed so much as the entire species... through incest! Just like how we came to be from Adam and Eve!

For a religion that abhors incest, you think they'd come up with a less squicky creation myth.
31-07-2014, 08:25 AM
Re: most messed up bible verses?
Thou shalt commit adultery... That's got to be one of the best published.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
31-07-2014, 08:34 AM
http://www.evilbible.com/
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post