most messed up bible verses?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2014, 12:38 PM
RE: most messed up bible verses?
For some reason, of all the ridiculous verses in the Bible. This one bothers me most:

2 Kings 2

23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys. 25 And he went on to Mount Carmel and from there returned to Samaria.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2014, 04:11 PM
(02-08-2014 12:38 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  For some reason, of all the ridiculous verses in the Bible. This one bothers me most:

2 Kings 2

23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys. 25 And he went on to Mount Carmel and from there returned to Samaria.

As an old baldy I highly resent that.Dodgy

What of Jehovah telling the Jews to smear their windows with lambs blood swo that he would know they weren't Egyptians..............makes for a really dumb all knowing God!
02-08-2014, 05:15 PM
(02-08-2014 04:11 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(02-08-2014 12:38 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  For some reason, of all the ridiculous verses in the Bible. This one bothers me most:

2 Kings 2

As an old baldy I highly resent that.Dodgy

What of Jehovah telling the Jews to smear their windows with lambs blood swo that he would know they weren't Egyptians..............makes for a really dumb all knowing God!
yeah I never thought of that really. I guess my justification for it, if there is one, would be that he was trying to demonstrate the power of the Lambs blood in order to prefigure the final "I am a lamb of God being crucified)s blood.
02-08-2014, 05:24 PM
I had a thread about something similar long ago. But here's the verse that tells me the most that Christians aren't supposed to think. Because, of course, gawd...

(26-10-2013 09:54 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  From a friend's facebook...

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Why? Because if you do lean on your own understanding you'll figure out god is an impossibility?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-08-2014, 08:07 PM
I figured this would be a much longer thread...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
30-05-2015, 04:59 PM
How can I know when you make your youtub channel?
30-05-2015, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2015 08:36 PM by Cosmic Discourse.)
1 Corinthians 14:34-35 (KJV)

34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmic Discourse's post
30-05-2015, 06:42 PM
Jesus wept.- John 11:35.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-05-2015, 07:55 PM
“What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.”
(Romans 7:7-13 KJV)

If anyone can make sense of this, written by Paul, the creator of Christian theology, I'll buy you a beer.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-05-2015, 07:59 PM
All of'em...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 3 users Like CiderThinker's post