mourning the loss of hope

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2013, 04:54 PM
mourning the loss of hope
Well, I'm not feeling hopeless, I just miss feeling like there is something to pray to. I still catch myself mentally saying things like "please let this happen", or "I hope that doesn't happen"....it's just weird getting use to the truth when my whole life has been so spiritual. I have no doubt that after so much study, I have indeed come across the closest thing to the truth, but acclimating to it is a work in progress. Life is all about letting go and letting it all happen I guess, which is confusing when thinking about the law of attraction and things like that...I haven't been able to really figure out how that all fits in now.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hall's post
28-06-2013, 05:02 PM
RE: mourning the loss of hope
You should have hope.
Instead of placing it into a God, you can place it with the people closest to you.
You can now expect to drive your vessel and dictate the best road to accomplish your goals. You are the driver, and your life is your responsibility. It's liberating. God wasnt there before, and he wont be there later.. be proud that you don't have to wait on some mysterious plan anymore, only the routes you take.
Good luck

Resurrect Hitchens
[+] 1 user Likes SalientMonkey's post
28-06-2013, 05:03 PM
Just chill man Smile It takes time to lose these habits.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
28-06-2013, 08:44 PM
(28-06-2013 04:54 PM)Hall Wrote:  Well, I'm not feeling hopeless, I just miss feeling like there is something to pray to. I still catch myself mentally saying things like "please let this happen", or "I hope that doesn't happen"....it's just weird getting use to the truth when my whole life has been so spiritual. I have no doubt that after so much study, I have indeed come across the closest thing to the truth, but acclimating to it is a work in progress. Life is all about letting go and letting it all happen I guess, which is confusing when thinking about the law of attraction and things like that...I haven't been able to really figure out how that all fits in now.

Welcome to the forum!
Religions and their offshoots (over 3000) offer all sorts of hopes to their followers.
As a believer, of a type, I find that I can be open to all manner of thought, including spiritual.
I am unable to categorically disprove higher ethical Beings ensconced within the cosmos OR/ attempts to inadequately prove their worth either.
I look to a potential Higher Power minus the man made fan fair and turn to the God of my genuine understanding, not a coercive largely man created guru WHICH DOES NOT ATTRACT ME.Wink
28-06-2013, 09:06 PM
I find myself saying those things too, part of me thinks it just speech habits....like southerner's using ya'll. Just things you say when in a certain mood. And I have yet to find any phrase that compares to a good ol GOD DAMN IT! except maybe JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

oh well.

But what I have found, is that I might say 'oh god, please don't let my crabby ass neighbor come over here' when she sees me at the store, but then I immediately find myself correcting my own thoughts. I figure eventually my brain will work itself out.

And I find myself giving credit where credit is due and hope is good. I hope that doctors are skilled and knowledgable. etc.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
28-06-2013, 09:23 PM
(28-06-2013 09:06 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I have yet to find any phrase that compares to a good ol GOD DAMN IT! except maybe JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

Hehe, I used to feel so bad when I would let those slip as a believer. Now they're my favorite curses to use. Laughat

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
28-06-2013, 09:28 PM
It happens to a lot of former believers. Just remember even though we live n a universe of chance it's a good thing because almost anything is within the realm of possibility

Prog rock extraordinaire at your service