moving out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2010, 08:28 PM
moving out
anyone know what the legal age is to rent an apartment is here in canada?

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2010, 08:40 PM
RE: moving out
Is it 16?

I found that ages for things is similar in Britain and Canada for most things.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
28-11-2010, 08:45 PM
(28-11-2010 08:40 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Is it 16?

I found that ages for things is similar in Britain and Canada for most things.

I thought it was 16 as well, provided you have a parent or guardian sign for you.

I'm turning 17 soon and I have reasonably good job security. I pay for pretty much everything I have anyway (food, clothes, transportation, internet) so I figure I might as well have my own place too.
Before any of you question if I'll be making enough to hold an apartment I'm gonna look carefully for the cheapest I can, don't care how shitty it is so long as its up to health standards, and I'll have a roommate who works 24/7 so the bill is going to be split.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

28-11-2010, 10:46 PM
(28-11-2010 08:45 PM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  Before any of you question if I'll be making enough to hold an apartment I'm gonna look carefully for the cheapest I can, don't care how shitty it is so long as its up to health standards, and I'll have a roommate who works 24/7 so the bill is going to be split.

Be carefull if it is on the low side. You don't want to deal with cockroaches, bedbugs or crack addicts for neighbors.
29-11-2010, 06:10 AM
(28-11-2010 10:46 PM)No J. Wrote:  
(28-11-2010 08:45 PM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  Before any of you question if I'll be making enough to hold an apartment I'm gonna look carefully for the cheapest I can, don't care how shitty it is so long as its up to health standards, and I'll have a roommate who works 24/7 so the bill is going to be split.

Be carefull if it is on the low side. You don't want to deal with cockroaches, bedbugs or crack addicts for neighbors.

thanks for the advice.
I have a bit of an aversion to poor neighborhoods, I'll keep that in mind when me and my roomy are checking places out.