multiverse!!!!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2015, 01:14 AM
multiverse!!!!!!!
just a theory.....assuming the existence of multiple universes, it does sound plausible to think that the earth in this universe is quite fucked up.....
A species that has evolved over millions of years now in control over every other species on the planet, a life form that has to take responsibility if ever an inter planetary issue rises up......being at such a high level on the evolutionary chain, why is religion still a taboo topic in many places???
other than atheists and agnostics, I don't see anyone questioning the existence of a higher power that rules over the universe and it's like every theist has to believe that their religion is true.....I see people saying they are fine and happy to live in harmony with people from other religions but at the end of the day they believe in a religion that sends everyone else who doesn't believe in their god to hell......I don't really think that this is true harmony.
not saying that people should all together stop believing in god but shouldn't we atleast think with the intellect we possess, it is a known fact that if one religion is true, most of the others have to be false. So, shouldn't people atleast try to search for that one true religion rather than blindly believing in something just because they were born into a family which believes in some being. I do realize that it is hard to get over ego and accept the fact that they might be believing in a lie but I don't see humans evolving further in any way if this continues.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2015, 02:17 AM
RE: multiverse!!!!!!!
And the "one true religion" - being which ---- yours????

That's usually how it works.....

Consider -- how many people practice the WRONG religion on purpose???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
16-06-2015, 03:14 AM
well, that's the point.......well, being atheists we have left our faith and started developing at a much better rate.......It hurts to look at so many people waste their life over something that's a lie......
(16-06-2015 02:17 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And the "one true religion" - being which ---- yours????

That's usually how it works.....

Consider -- how many people practice the WRONG religion on purpose???

16-06-2015, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2015 08:19 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(16-06-2015 01:14 AM)alpha8994 Wrote:  A species that has evolved over millions of years now in control over every other species on the planet, a life form that has to take responsibility if ever an inter planetary issue rises up......being at such a high level on the evolutionary chain, why is religion still a taboo topic in many places???

Cuz people get their fucking heads chopped off if they talk about the wrong one.

(16-06-2015 01:14 AM)alpha8994 Wrote:  other than atheists and agnostics, I don't see anyone questioning the existence of a higher power that rules over the universe and it's like every theist has to believe that their religion is true.....I see people saying they are fine and happy to live in harmony with people from other religions but at the end of the day they believe in a religion that sends everyone else who doesn't believe in their god to hell......I don't really think that this is true harmony.

Well since that's the definition of atheists and agnostics I guess we can file your statement either in the "simply brilliant" file or dump it in the shredder.

(16-06-2015 01:14 AM)alpha8994 Wrote:  It is a known fact that if one religion is true, most of the others have to be false. So, shouldn't people atleast try to search for that one true religion rather than blindly believing in something just because they were born into a family which believes in some being. I do realize that it is hard to get over ego and accept the fact that they might be believing in a lie but I don't see humans evolving further in any way if this continues.

No. They should generalize from that that humans cooked them ALL up, that they are ALL bullshit, and get over the "religion phase" of human history. There is no "one true religion". There isn't even a coherent definition of a god.

Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
16-06-2015, 07:13 AM
Aww man... What a misleading thread title.