my awakening from religion to spirituality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2013, 04:18 PM
RE: my awakening from religion to spirituality
Quote:To those who have responded harshly to the OP, I think you all have valid points however I have seen people in transition before and the OP definitely qualifies as such. The way I read his post he is still in that scary freefall where he is now questioning everything he has based his life around. Lets give this one a little more time to get his thoughts in order before we form the Lynch squad for his misogynistic leanings.
I'd agree if the OP was mostly about religion and "spirituality," but I don't see how lamenting a perceived lack of "european" procreation and saying (basically) that women shouldn't work fits in there. You can't really expect a forum with a lot of women who are educated and work to not comment when somebody says women aren't good for anything but procreation.

Quote:I am trying to get power of assertiveness with attractive women. I feel so guilty sometimes for approaching them, as if I must be disturbing one of them.
Not trying to be a dick here (I don't have to try; it comes naturally to me), but if you are telling these women about how their place is barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen, and that you want to be with them so you can make white-skinned babies instead of wasting your sperm masturbating, it's possible that you are disturbing them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
08-06-2013, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 04:31 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(08-06-2013 04:09 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  To those who have responded harshly to the OP, I think you all have valid points however I have seen people in transition before and the OP definitely qualifies as such. The way I read his post he is still in that scary freefall where he is now questioning everything he has based his life around. Lets give this one a little more time to get his thoughts in order before we form the Lynch squad for his misogynistic leanings.

Oh no, I totally understand what you're saying. I'm trying to be couched in my reply and really want a bit of clarification. Also, the OP was posted in the Atheism/religion section, not the personal issues section. While I do understand overall the OP is peeling the giant onion that is religion...I'm trying to wrap my head around some of what he's saying.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Rev, I'm with amyb. OP put it out there. Racism and misogyny are harsh, so there will be comments.

Now the song Every Sperm is Sacred from Monty Python's The Meaning of Life is for some reason playing in my head. ...

Godless in the Magnolia State
[+] 1 user Likes cjs's post
08-06-2013, 04:30 PM
(08-06-2013 04:18 PM)amyb Wrote:  
Quote:To those who have responded harshly to the OP, I think you all have valid points however I have seen people in transition before and the OP definitely qualifies as such. The way I read his post he is still in that scary freefall where he is now questioning everything he has based his life around. Lets give this one a little more time to get his thoughts in order before we form the Lynch squad for his misogynistic leanings.
I'd agree if the OP was mostly about religion and "spirituality," but I don't see how lamenting a perceived lack of "european" procreation and saying (basically) that women shouldn't work fits in there. You can't really expect a forum with a lot of women who are educated and work to not comment when somebody says women aren't good for anything but procreation.

Quote:I am trying to get power of assertiveness with attractive women. I feel so guilty sometimes for approaching them, as if I must be disturbing one of them.
Not trying to be a dick here (I don't have to try; it comes naturally to me), but if you are telling these women about how their place is barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen, and that you want to be with them so you can make white-skinned babies instead of wasting your sperm masturbating, it's possible that you are disturbing them.

I would never presume to tell you or anyone else what they should or should not say. All I meant by what I wrote was lets not nuke this guy too hard right now. You have some valid points in what you wrote and I want to see his response to them before I nail him to the wall.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
08-06-2013, 04:39 PM
^I don't think anyone exactly nailed him to the wall or nuked him, though, only questioned his views on ["european"-only] procreation and masturbation.

Also, as MSBB said, it's in the a/theism section, not personal issues. While the religious questioning can be difficult for people, I feel like the other things could be discussed separately.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like amyb's post
08-06-2013, 04:44 PM
So Rev we gals should wait for you to nail racism and misogyny to the wall? BTW that was me being nice and heavily filtered in my previous posts.

I will say good luck to the OP talking to the ladies with those views.

Ok now I'm done.

Godless in the Magnolia State
[+] 4 users Like cjs's post
08-06-2013, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 05:20 PM by Anjele.)
Even though we lost (misplaced) one misogynist, we have others...don't really need more. And we also don't need another racist any more than we need a cafeteria style theist.

Lots of red flags here.

Would like to hear how that is an incorrect assessment, preferable from the OP.

edit-sorry all my spelling went to crap...I know it's not perfect on a good day but it really took a crap with this post...damn

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
08-06-2013, 05:10 PM
(08-06-2013 04:39 PM)amyb Wrote:  ^I don't think anyone exactly nailed him to the wall or nuked him, though, only questioned his views on ["european"-only] procreation and masturbation.

Also, as MSBB said, it's in the a/theism section, not personal issues. While the religious questioning can be difficult for people, I feel like the other things could be discussed separately.

I never meant to imply that you were nuking him, I was just counselling waiting on a response before we do so. I agree with everything you wrote and am rather leery of thoughts in the line of what was in the OP. I did not convey my meaning well this time.

(08-06-2013 04:44 PM)cjs Wrote:  So Rev we gals should wait for you to nail racism and misogyny to the wall? BTW that was me being nice and heavily filtered in my previous posts.

Ok now I'm done.

No I expect you gals (and everyone really) to call out people for things like that, as I explained above I want to see a response from the OP to the challenges before really tearing into him.

For the record I do not approve or endorse anything the OP wrote even implicitly. All I was saying, and again it's my fault for not being clearer in this, was he seems to be in a confused state right now that a lot of people first escaping from religion go through so lets allow him to respond before tarring and feathering him.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
08-06-2013, 05:18 PM
(08-06-2013 05:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-06-2013 04:39 PM)amyb Wrote:  ^I don't think anyone exactly nailed him to the wall or nuked him, though, only questioned his views on ["european"-only] procreation and masturbation.

I never meant to imply that you were nuking him, I was just counselling waiting on a response before we do so. I agree with everything you wrote and am rather leery of thoughts in the line of what was in the OP. I did not convey my meaning well this time.

(08-06-2013 04:44 PM)cjs Wrote:  So Rev we gals should wait for you to nail racism and misogyny to the wall? BTW that was me being nice and heavily filtered in my previous posts.

Ok now I'm done.

No I expect you gals (and everyone really) to call out people for things like that, as I explained above I want to see a response from the OP to the challenges before really tearing into him.

For the record I do not approve or endorse anything the OP wrote even implicitly. All I was saying, and again it's my fault for not being clearer in this, was he seems to be in a confused state right now that a lot of people first escaping from religion go through so lets allow him to respond before tarring and feathering him.

It's ok Rev still Heart ya. Hug

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-06-2013, 05:21 PM
Damnit, now the tar's gonna get cold.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy