my books out lol

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: my books out lol
I told someone else this a while back: I'D EDIT FOR FREE!

I don't know how many times I've downloaded a book on Amazon and gave the story a BAD review JUST for grammatical mistakes. It makes the author look lazy... Even if they really did spend a lot of time working on the book.

I'd do it for FREE. If one wants to be respected as a writer, they must put in the effort to produce quality work. That includes hiring competent editors.

Constructive criticism, Kunoxy Drinking Beverage

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
13-06-2013, 12:43 AM
Oh... It was YOU that I told.

Blink

I peeked at the book, bud. I don't know how so many errors were missed. Dodgy If it were a digital book, I'd be more likely to download. But it being a real book that I'd have to wait for AND with all those errors.... well, If I didn't know you, I'd see this book and dismiss it automatically, regardless of the story.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
13-06-2013, 04:35 AM
(12-06-2013 07:53 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  that is half the reason i am still using the editor I do.. she reduces the price of other edits at bare minimal price.

She's fucking incompetent - not worth any price.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-06-2013, 06:44 AM
(12-06-2013 11:39 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  That's pretty cool cover art, Kunoxy. Did you pick that out?

me and my mom worked on it.. lol

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
13-06-2013, 06:49 AM
(13-06-2013 12:43 AM)Peanut Wrote:  Oh... It was YOU that I told.

Blink

I peeked at the book, bud. I don't know how so many errors were missed. Dodgy If it were a digital book, I'd be more likely to download. But it being a real book that I'd have to wait for AND with all those errors.... well, If I didn't know you, I'd see this book and dismiss it automatically, regardless of the story.

actually there is a digital version of the book.

13-06-2013, 08:41 AM
(13-06-2013 04:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  She's fucking incompetent - not worth any price.

This^

Whoever your editor is, even if it's your own mother, needs to be let go. The amount of errors in the dedication alone is immense and that's right at the beginning of the book.

Even if the editor is doing it for free, you're still getting ripped off.

[Image: atheistsignature.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes yumeji's post
13-06-2013, 09:11 AM
What Peanut said: I'd see this book and dismiss it automatically, regardless of the story.... that's really how many people feel... people who read and buy books.

A shitty editor will be costly in the long run. If I were you, I'd take Peanut up on that word FREE. I don't know why anyone would deny someone offering up an inclination. Some of us are simply passionate about reading and hate to see a good story butchered beyond reading. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
13-06-2013, 09:35 AM
actually I thought peanut was joking at first... and i will be using him or er as long as he or she signs something... heck I don't use an editor without contract... lol. I just think thie editor I have does an averge job and she has in time reduced the cost of editing. lets judsst say it this way. the editors I can use cost me $7 per page. tshe cost 1.50 after she gets done. the editors I might use cost $4 a page. lol it's simple math but I have sent peanut a pm. so this will get under way.

[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
13-06-2013, 09:38 AM
(13-06-2013 09:35 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  actually I thought peanut was joking at first... and i will be using him or er as long as he or she signs something... heck I don't use an editor without contract... lol. I just think thie editor I have does an averge job and she has in time reduced the cost of editing. lets judsst say it this way. the editors I can use cost me $7 per page. tshe cost 1.50 after she gets done. the editors I might use cost $4 a page. lol it's simple math but I have sent peanut a pm. so this will get under way.

Free is good. Just make sure English is her native language. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
13-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Amazon comes up for me showing only what I've been browsing previously. Can someone post a direct link to this book.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post