my books out lol

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2014, 07:20 AM
RE: my books out lol
Call me skeptical... but... what's up with the reviews?

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2014, 08:01 AM
(12-06-2013 04:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 03:24 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I only wanted to say my book has been released http://www.amazon.com

it's called truly dual saga

p.s. please tell me what you guys think if you do read it.

The text is in dire need of an editor. It is full of grammar and spelling errors, rendering it difficult to read.

Sorry - if Chas says it's full of typos and needs editing I know I'm not going to like it. I'll get so frustrated it will give me a headache.
Next book you do - if edited - let us know.

Drinking Beverage

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
18-03-2014, 08:03 AM
I read the preview bit, It's sort of jumbled but there is a story in there, JH needs to throw it out into the community writing groups for critique and rewrite until the written story better reads to the consumer the way it exists in Josh's Head. Tongue
Kudos for getting it out there, further then my own cowardly efforts have reached, but its too early, don't let the neg reviews stifle your story concept, but learn from the suggestions and rewrite it.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
18-03-2014, 03:24 PM
(18-03-2014 08:03 AM)sporehux Wrote:  I read the preview bit, It's sort of jumbled but there is a story in there, JH needs to throw it out into the community writing groups for critique and rewrite until the written story better reads to the consumer the way it exists in Josh's Head. Tongue
Kudos for getting it out there, further then my own cowardly efforts have reached, but its too early, don't let the neg reviews stifle your story concept, but learn from the suggestions and rewrite it.

but did you ever read the orginal.... that's where the story began...

btw i have writen 6 books.... 5 to this series alone and a spin off.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
18-03-2014, 03:37 PM
(18-03-2014 08:03 AM)sporehux Wrote:  I read the preview bit, It's sort of jumbled but there is a story in there, JH needs to throw it out into the community writing groups for critique and rewrite until the written story better reads to the consumer the way it exists in Josh's Head. Tongue

you know how many editors I paid to get this right. 3 and i still don't think it's completely right.

18-03-2014, 07:59 PM
(18-03-2014 03:37 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  

you know how many editors I paid to get this right. 3 and i still don't think it's completely right.

Forget about the editor issues, what you need to address is they way it unfolds to the reader, When I read, I like to build a movie set in my head and bring every thing to life visually, your structure makes that process very difficult.
Don't make the mistake of getting defensive from critiques, as even unfair ones point out perceptions of your reader base you can address.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
18-03-2014, 08:48 PM
1. just a question... did you read the first one.. i hate to be repetitive. but i think it would unfold better if you started from the beginning....
2. I am creatively dry... I am lacking inspiration and these books took 7 years of my life{{{If I remember right}}}}

30-04-2014, 07:59 PM
I finally sold one and that person returned the book...but why????

30-04-2014, 09:43 PM
(30-04-2014 07:59 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I finally sold one and that person returned the book...but why????

Did they leave a review? Some people are cheap. Read it, return it, get their money back. Or maybe they weren't satisfied? Hard to say without a review. Can you email them and ask for feedback?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
01-05-2014, 02:39 AM
From the back cover of the second volume:

"Lanyle Foldstrom and Atresha Davison .... two people going the opposite directions both slung into circumstance that are sending them to opposite ends of the afterlife. As Atresha's plot thickens Lanyles begins. in a saga so big it takes two stories to tell. will they be able to stop the end of it all, or will they fall into the trap.

About author: I should quit while I'm ahead but then again I wouldn't have written the next part to this series and I couldn't let my fans down. Basically how to describe myself? fun loving, eccentric and with a twist of humor. People usually describe me in terms that contradict but why would I want to be normal. this will be my second entry and isn't going to be the last. so feel free to enjoy the experiences within."

Didn't you say that you hired several editors? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post