my gym has a new "class"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2013, 10:23 AM
RE: my gym has a new "class"
(28-01-2013 07:55 AM)thewellkeptwoman Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 07:49 AM)k37713 Wrote:  I agree about Planet Fitness -esp when they serve pizza and doughnuts in the gym. I always laugh about that.. however * cough * I am a member there as well.. Mostly because they had one under my old apartment and it was convenient to hit the treadmills on bad weather days and it is 10 dollars a month. I still use my membership there now even tho I moved because it is close to work and I use the showers at lunch when I decide to go for a run..

Is it really a "judgement-free zone" like they say?

They're serving pizza and donuts so that probably answers my question.

I guess they d try to make it that kind of environment. Gym noobie friendly - they do try to keep the grunting over the top muscle types out so they can nourish a place where noobs can not feel out of place. I've never been intimidated at gyms before I just put on my headphones and crank out my workout -- I don't pay a lot of attention to the people around me.

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2013, 01:02 PM
They are going to help you get spiritually strong and physically fit so you can kick some ass for Jebus.
When someone isn't interested, just put them in a headlock and drag them to Chrisitanity.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-01-2013, 10:03 PM
(23-01-2013 03:43 PM)k37713 Wrote:  CrossFit Strong Believe!

*Believe in Yourself

The fuck is this shit? I don't. I mean I'm running with it just 'cause I don't see any other options and whatnot, but believe in it? No fucking way. Girly ain't fucking naive.

(23-01-2013 03:43 PM)k37713 Wrote:  *Believe in God

Get the fuck outta my face before I give you a proper sumo lesson in the dohyō.

(23-01-2013 03:43 PM)k37713 Wrote:  *Believe in Faith

Belief is for pussies.

(23-01-2013 03:43 PM)k37713 Wrote:  *Believe in Each Other

Get back to me when and if I accept edict #1. ... Not that that's ever gonna fucking happen.

What the fuck ever happened to just going into the fucking gym and lifting bigass motherfucking rocks off the motherfucking ground. Your trainers suck. ManlyBro is what a trainer should be. ... No fucking spiritual bullshit involved, just teaching you how to lift bigass motherfucking weights off the motherfucking ground just for the fucking fuck of it, if nothing else. ... ManlyBro is now something like Eastern Regional Sales Manager for Fitness First instead of a bouncer for Montgomery County Schools. Dude's found his calling.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
28-01-2013, 10:28 PM
The prostituting is fine its the praying that's bothersome. lol
29-01-2013, 07:39 AM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2013 01:38 PM by k37713.)
(28-01-2013 10:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-01-2013 03:43 PM)k37713 Wrote:  CrossFit Strong Believe!

*Believe in Yourself

The fuck is this shit? I don't. I mean I'm running with it just 'cause I don't see any other options and whatnot, but believe in it? No fucking way. Girly ain't fucking naive.

(23-01-2013 03:43 PM)k37713 Wrote:  *Believe in God

Get the fuck outta my face before I give you a proper sumo lesson in the dohyō.

(23-01-2013 03:43 PM)k37713 Wrote:  *Believe in Faith

Belief is for pussies.

(23-01-2013 03:43 PM)k37713 Wrote:  *Believe in Each Other

Get back to me when and if I accept edict #1. ... Not that that's ever gonna fucking happen.

What the fuck ever happened to just going into the fucking gym and lifting bigass motherfucking rocks off the motherfucking ground. Your trainers suck. ManlyBro is what a trainer should be. ... No fucking spiritual bullshit involved, just teaching you how to lift bigass motherfucking weights off the motherfucking ground just for the fucking fuck of it, if nothing else. ... ManlyBro is now something like Eastern Regional Sales Manager for Fitness First instead of a bouncer for Montgomery County Schools. Dude's found his calling.

hahah I agree Girly.. and I love all the zest with the 200 fucks.. haha.. Smile It is beyond annoying to me -- they haven't started the class yet.. luckily I have a running group on weds anyhow so I try to get outta there as soon as possible on that night.

29-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Haha. This is the sort of thing that makes me glad my apartments has its own gym.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
29-01-2013, 01:45 PM
(29-01-2013 01:34 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Haha. This is the sort of thing that makes me glad my apartments has its own gym.

In the grand scheme of things, this will not affect me at all. I just will not attend that class. If they started praying in our normal classes, I will definitely switch gyms. I do laugh when they call me out on my potty mouth. I generally reply with the you're # 1 sign Smile with a wink and a smile .. I figure that works like the emoticons on the end of shitty statements - no matter how rude shit gets the smiley seems to bring it back to a friendly level.. haha

[+] 3 users Like k37713's post
29-01-2013, 03:46 PM
(24-01-2013 12:40 PM)FlyingPizzaMonster Wrote:  It could be worse. The purple and yellow monstrosity that is spreading like a cancer and replacing all the real gyms in the country gives out free tootsie rolls, pizza and bagels to members, has no scales because scales are too "judgmental", has rules against lifting too heavy, and sounds an air raid siren if people so much as grunt. In their ads they portray bodybuilders as retarded and make it clear that they are not welcome.

Your gym OTOH trains people for the Tough Mudder, so it takes extreme effort seriously.

If the owner keeps the religious crap limited to that one class, and doesn't impose it on their members OR STAFF, I wouldn't worry too much.

If they don't though, it could be the start of something ugly.
Too judgemental scales! Sheee!
Always blueing with my current gym.
Recently filled in two polite feed back forms and both were ignored.
Well its cheap, so I'm staying. Thumbsup
31-01-2013, 10:35 PM
(29-01-2013 01:45 PM)k37713 Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 01:34 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Haha. This is the sort of thing that makes me glad my apartments has its own gym.

In the grand scheme of things, this will not affect me at all.

You're like 30 yo kellie, when you're 50 yo and step into a gym, you will know what you're there for and whether you need spotters for it or not. Wink ... Girly knows how to train, don't need no fucking peanut gallery to help me at this point. Wink

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.