my husband has skin cancer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2016, 10:51 PM
RE: my husband has skin cancer
(26-05-2016 08:49 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 12:43 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Thank you, I won't have any details til the 9th when his appointment is. I'm going to ask as much as i can.

Try this site:
acor

There are specific forums for various types of cancer.

Thank you. I'll check it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2016, 11:27 AM
(25-05-2016 01:57 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  We knew he had a spot on his shoulder. He went in and they took a biopsy. We got the call today that it was Malignant. Anyone gone through this and what should I expect. I'm very worried right now.

My father had two malignant basal cell carcinomas (BCCs) removed at different times—one from the helix of his ear, and one from his nose—that both required skin grafts (from the inner thigh) to repair. He subsequently survived and lived until 94 years of age. I'd be optimistic that your husband has the same success.

More than 4 million cases of basal cell carcinoma are diagnosed in the US every year. BCCs are the most frequently occurring form of all cancers. More than one out of every three new cancers is a skin cancer, and the vast majority of them are BCCs.

BCCs seldom spread (metastasize) beyond the original tumour site. Only in exceedingly rare cases can they spread to other parts of the body and become life-threatening. They shouldn’t be taken lightly though, as they can be disfiguring if not treated promptly.

NB: I'm not a medical doctor, and only post this info FYI.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
27-05-2016, 12:22 PM
(27-05-2016 11:27 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 01:57 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  We knew he had a spot on his shoulder. He went in and they took a biopsy. We got the call today that it was Malignant. Anyone gone through this and what should I expect. I'm very worried right now.

My father had two malignant basal cell carcinomas (BCCs) removed at different times—one from the helix of his ear, and one from his nose—that both required skin grafts (from the inner thigh) to repair. He subsequently survived and lived until 94 years of age. I'd be optimistic that your husband has the same success.

More than 4 million cases of basal cell carcinoma are diagnosed in the US every year. BCCs are the most frequently occurring form of all cancers. More than one out of every three new cancers is a skin cancer, and the vast majority of them are BCCs.

BCCs seldom spread (metastasize) beyond the original tumour site. Only in exceedingly rare cases can they spread to other parts of the body and become life-threatening. They shouldn’t be taken lightly though, as they can be disfiguring if not treated promptly.

NB: I'm not a medical doctor, and only post this info FYI.

Thank you so much. I'm just anxious ya know?
27-05-2016, 01:50 PM

Back in 2014 my husband got a biopsy for a mole on the back of his neck. The tests came back that it was Melanoma.

My advice: trust your doctor. Mr. Natachan went and got it removed and is just fine. He goes to the dermatologist twice a year, and gets regular PET scans. He's been cancer free since and is healthy.
27-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Sorry it has been hard for me to respond sooner.

I had a skin cancer removed from my ear as a kid. Never returned.

We see a lot of this in Australia. It is very rare for it to become dangerous. The op takes about 10 minutes.

Good luck. Dale

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
27-05-2016, 08:08 PM
Trust the docs, and he'll have a complete recovery. Hug