my life in a shitty nutshell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2014, 09:43 AM
RE: my life in a shitty nutshell
Oh Ferdi, this all just sucks. Hug I'm sorry.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2014, 01:02 PM
I am sure if you really wanted to you could get to England. Thing is, you would forfeit school and the money allotted to it.

Unless.... you could find a way to go to uni there - some sort of cultural exchange or special studies.. I would research this extensively, a lot of these things are around but hard to find.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-10-2014, 01:37 PM
What's the attraction of England if you don't mind me asking?
21-10-2014, 01:46 PM
(21-10-2014 01:37 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  What's the attraction of England if you don't mind me asking?

Her spirit animal lives there.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 8 users Like Revenant77x's post
21-10-2014, 01:49 PM
I have thinking this a bit more, you need to connect with someone who can provide for you and your sister. Now that you are 18, you could become a legal guardian for your sister if your mom ends up with a 30 day sentence for not paying fines, but you would need a place to stay and a job. They might be lenient for a short time as long as you are working with social services. Or another trusted person could be her guardian or she goes to foster care.

start posting things for sale, seriously, you need cash for shelter and transport.

Its time for a cold hard look and make changes. Sell whatever you don't abolutely need, because if you get evicted with no car you won't be able to take it with you anyway.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 5 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
21-10-2014, 02:06 PM
Ferdi , you doin ok ? Any better?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
21-10-2014, 03:55 PM
My mom still isn't in good spirits and she is still reluctant to visit the ER. I've been encouraging her to take it easy. She's doing better than yesterday but she's still unable to do a lot of things by herself.

My mom sat me down today and basically told me to make arrangements to move out or find someone to live with. I kept quiet, because I really haven't had any idea of what to say to her or how to even go about explaining how all of this makes me feel. After we sat down and talked, I started helping her make dinner, and she said to me "You'll probably move out anyways and leave me and your sister to deal with this by ourselves." Like? How is that supposed to make me fucking feel? More awful than I already do? What the fuck did saying that to me accomplish?

I thought about the 'scrapping the car for money' idea but I'm afraid to bring it up to my mom because whenever a topic relative to "what are we going to do?" arises, she just gets really angry and upset and acts really passive aggressive towards me.

I messaged my dad about seeing if I could take a couple thousand from my college funds and put towards a car. Originally I was told the money was specifically for college only and I would get all of it in full (if I had not used it/had money left) whenever I turned 25. I explained the entire situation and my day (just now) told me to call him, but I need to wait until I'm in private because my mom typically doesn't like me going to my dad about stuff like this, but it is MY college money, so.
21-10-2014, 04:10 PM
So my Dad's sister basically has the account information to the account that contains my college money, and she's strictly set on only letting me use that money for college (and then the explained 'me receiving it when I'm 25 if there's any left/if I haven't used any of it') but my dad is going to call her and swing it by her that "my mom needs a car because without on, I have no transportation to and from college" which isn't completely the truth, but sometimes I do require my mom as transportation to school. I can't always depend on my friends. But if it's college related there's a possibility my aunt will allow me to take like $3,000 of it for a used car.

Regardless, I would've had enough money saved by next February to purchase a car of my own, but there's a possibility my mom will be taking the money I have saved and using it to pay for her tickets and court fees, and I'm pretty bummed about that, but I realize she has to do that because she can't go to jail.
21-10-2014, 04:19 PM
Seems to me that any car purchased with your college money should be your car.

It seems a little iffy to use the money to buy a car for your mom that she may not insure and the whole situation could repeat itself with you being on the losing end, again.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 9 users Like Anjele's post
21-10-2014, 04:28 PM
(21-10-2014 04:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Seems to me that any car purchased with your college money should be your car.

It seems a little iffy to use the money to buy a car for your mom that she may not insure and the whole situation could repeat itself with you being on the losing end, again.

I think it is time for you to be in full COA mode Ferdi. Your mother has shown again and again she does not have your best intrest at heart. Anje is right and the result would be putting a band aid on a gunshot wound.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post